Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Some thoughts...

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Archangel
Registered user
The Creator's servant

Last page view:

7356 days, 6 hours, 57 minutes and 29 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 06, 2002 at 05:27 (GMT -5)

There are few things I've been thinking about lately:

1) I've never considered Wand of far slaying very useful. Is it useless?

2)Do Potions of raw chaos corrupt the enemy when thrown at them? If they do, wouldn't that be one way to deal with annoying cats? Just corrupt them enough and they'll turn into chaos goo.

3)Are any monsters vulnerable to poison? Has anyone found any use for potions of poison other than poisoning weapons? Does it actually help in melee battle to have poisoned weapons?

4)Which monsters can destroy doors? I mean are my valuable items safe behind locked doors?

5)Which one do you train: Bows or Crossbows? Do you wait and see how much slaying ammo can gather and then decide?

That's all managed to think of right now... I've got lesson going on right now so im in a bit of hurry... I'll ask more when I have the time to ponder these things.

Thanks for all the answers and opinions!!!!

I hereby announce that I am more than willing to kill anyone who dares to cross my way
DrNoBody
Registered user

Last page view:

7781 days, 7 hours, 55 minutes and 27 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 06, 2002 at 05:57 (GMT -5)

4) Monsters that dig through walls can make the room accessible to others, and also dwarves can pick up items.

5) Crossbows, but mostly because quarrels have greater damage.

"A little hard work never killed anyone important" Oddworld
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

7762 days, 2 hours, 58 minutes and 27 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 06, 2002 at 08:33 (GMT -5)

1) Hmmm very dangerous to use, but sometiems, specially If I play necro, and have no idea or for fun, just stand in corridor and zap this wand with full pp;) Ofkorz when my necro is on 50 lev:)
2) If you have Moon Sickle, and lots uselnesnes potions you can mutated cats into WMoPCh... potions of poison is very handy, and others stupid never uses potions to... But PoE is more yielding in cats problem
3) Poison is very useful in early game, later you faster kill monster with meele damage than efect of poison. Other use than diping weapon in PoP... Hmmm I sometimes just throw that potion and other to;) And diping arrows or quarells is a good idea, and more effectivity
4) Ogre cave is very good place to keep stuff, and Old Barbarian Glade to. But you must drop items only in "enter point"
5) Crossbows or bows... Arrows are more often finding than quarrels, Crossbow is very weight and really good crossbow in early game is rare. And in old versions where there was now hunting weapon I use hunting bows... So I'm bow addict;)
But slings are very good missle weapon... And sometimes I just use scurgari of returning... I'm to lazy to pickup my ammo;)

"Insect, we care not for thee. Disturb us any we will extingwish thy weak candle of life"
Portrait
Archangel
Registered user
The Creator's servant

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, November 06, 2002 at 10:07 (GMT -5)

Thanks
And the questions continue...

6)Opinions about the healing skill? I usually slay the healer because the 'healing' skill given by the mad doctor is already at 60. I know it costs some Wi & Le but to fighter types that's not too much... Sometimes I do it with spellcasters too.

7) What kind of damage does a spear do as a missile? Is it worth to pick up heaps of spears and use them as a missile?

8) How much gold does it take to get crowned? Say from pleased deity to extremely close?

9) Using 'survival' skill. I heard that you can apply the skill to find seeds from wilderness?

10) What do you think about my avatar picture?=)

Thanks again ad sorry if I was somewhat "newbieish"... or something...

I hereby announce that I am more than willing to kill anyone who dares to cross my way
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, November 06, 2002 at 10:33 (GMT -5)

10) Hmmmmm nice hammer;)
9) Yes if you are bloated than you will be find some seeds... Just use, use and use.... It's reaquire some time.
8) Gold hmmmm in low level I sac monsters... It's easy way to get pre-crowning... In high level when I want became a champ than I sac gold 10000 in every time... sac, sac and sac and suddenly I get extremaly close mesage....
7) Use bows, slings, crossbows, or scurgari... Spears are good meele weapon.
6) Hmmm if you get healing skill for nonchaotics you can get some stuff, and it's for free:) But it's very useful skill

ChAoS has to faces... Power and Corruption...

"Insect, we care not for thee. Disturb us any we will extingwish thy weak candle of life"
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3116 days, 21 hours, 29 minutes and 58 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 06, 2002 at 10:48 (GMT -5)

1) Far slaying is just a magic missile with an expanded range
5) defenitly crossbows. Quirrels do more damage, far slayer is a little more powerfull.
7) spears make medicore missiles, but you can get heaps of them early.
8) the correct amount is on the "ADOM Guidebook"
9) the seeds are great when it comes to geting lawful - they work just as good as any food when given to beggars
10)As BM said - nice hammer;) Mjolnir?

A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5765 days, 7 hours, 36 minutes and 6 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 06, 2002 at 10:54 (GMT -5)

6) Getting the Healing skill from the mad doctor also corrupts you a bit. Killing Jharod is too evil for my tastes, so I only do it when I can't manage to change my alignment from Chaotic.

8) Another good thing to sacrifice is blessed or uncursed stomafillia.

9) Yes, but only plant seeds, IIRC. If you apply Survival in the river while bloated, you'll catch fish instead - useful for taming cats.
eL
Registered user
Long lost brother

Last page view:

7184 days, 9 hours, 13 minutes and 44 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 06, 2002 at 11:25 (GMT -5)

now uno question from me: i have a 12 lvl druid and i have no combat spells except of dispel undead. ALL shops(except of waldenbrok's, didn't get there yet) don't have any books :( where can i get 'em? (no, not in library...)

It's very hard to be humble, when you are great.
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, November 06, 2002 at 11:35 (GMT -5)

Hmmm try explore Infinity dungeon levels 1-9.. No background corruptions easy monsters lots of stuff... Or just walk on road near Pyramid and fight with skeleton patrols... lots of easy monsters and some stuff

Portrait
Archangel
Registered user
The Creator's servant

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, November 06, 2002 at 14:50 (GMT -5)

Maelstrom: It's Mjolnir indeed. From Larry Elmore's painting "Thor". (I love his art!!)

eL: As BM said, infinite dungeon would be the best choice. I've found pretty many Spell Books there. You could also try to wander around in the road but you can also find Chaos monks. So be careful.

Thanks for the answers. If you suddenly remember something you didn't already mention, I'd be delighted to hear your thoughs.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: