Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Your most stupid death

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 6 pages long.
Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 6
Nolrael
Registered user
Lord of Baal Secundus

Last page view:

7566 days, 21 hours, 27 minutes and 28 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 13, 2002 at 12:23 (GMT -5)

What is your most stupid death ever?

My number 1 is trollish healer born in candle starving to death becouse of ghul's paralyze... And he had amulet of protection from undead in backpack...

"I didn't come to play. I came to win."
Portrait
Guinea
Registered user
tWo-HeAdEd cHaOs WeAsEl

Last page view:

6941 days, 10 hours, 17 minutes and 54 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 13, 2002 at 12:38 (GMT -5)

Two entries from me:

1)got confused by the skeletal king next to the piranha lake - a bad step and bye bye to that char :)

2)got paralyzed by the gelatinous cube and whacked to death by a claw bug :(

Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

7734 days, 17 hours, 37 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 13, 2002 at 12:51 (GMT -5)

Hmmmm
Sacrified by my ghul.. I just stand on altar and cast fireball just nuke test;) It was my first PC

And broken leg when kicked air:))

"Insect, we care not for thee. Disturb us any we will extingwish thy weak candle of life"
Portrait
Guinea
Registered user
tWo-HeAdEd cHaOs WeAsEl

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, November 13, 2002 at 13:23 (GMT -5)

I remember 1 more... a walk in the mountains with cursed climbing set... OUCH

Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3089 days, 12 hours, 8 minutes and 48 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 13, 2002 at 14:05 (GMT -5)

Searching for the assassin guild stairway with a wand of digging - and in the tunnel behid me i see a green F. Wand was empty, and the gorgon' breath was faster then me :)

A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
C(unlogged)
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, November 13, 2002 at 17:40 (GMT -5)

Smashed by a stone, hit by an emperor moloch.
Tanthalas Pathfinder
Registered user
aka Tanthie

Last page view:

7026 days, 14 hours, 42 minutes and 16 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, November 14, 2002 at 00:57 (GMT -5)

Grue killed me when I entered to dark room. And that was the worst dead ever.

"When watching anime, never worry about the consequences."
Portrait
Luke
Registered user
Apprentice

Last page view:

7283 days, 10 hours, 44 minutes and 51 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, November 14, 2002 at 06:57 (GMT -5)

Being killed by Harkslayer wasn't very funny, I casted a wand of lightning and he got in the way and decided it was my fault. After running away from him unitl I was cornered I tried to defend myself but he was just too petty and had to get me back, but killing me was a bit harsh even for an accident.

LS
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, November 14, 2002 at 07:54 (GMT -5)

Hmmm my friend Mindstorm, grey elven wizard somwhen read SoFS in SMC and got Emperor Berserker for a friend... He and his pet roolz but someday he triger a trapdoor... It was fireball... And after it Mindstorm was avoided this level (teleport from starirways to stairways)

"Insect, we care not for thee. Disturb us any we will extingwish thy weak candle of life"
Portrait
C
Registered user

Last page view:

6265 days, 16 hours, 44 minutes and 11 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, November 14, 2002 at 18:55 (GMT -5)

My char was killed by a wand of destruction, or the time they died of "beliving in the promises of chaos."
Portrait
Griever
Registered user
The Beastmaster

Last page view:

7801 days, 2 hours, 43 minutes and 13 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, November 15, 2002 at 01:48 (GMT -5)

It was one of my first charachters, a couple years ago, I had reached the 100 hp limit for the very first time. I had fought a couple of fights, so my hp was 99. I came upon a locked door. I kicked it. It exploded. I still wonder, how effective that door trap was, it took 99 hp from me. so I died. If my hp´s were have been full, I would have been survived.
I still remember that death. I cannot ever forget that.

RRaaugHH!!!
Portrait
C
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, November 15, 2002 at 12:10 (GMT -5)

I just had my first character ever to have been killed by a Black Dragon!!!! that was Boron, Wishbone was killed by a Swamp HYDRA!!! Man I was enraged! Darkie's still alive though, has the 1st orb.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 11/15/2002 at 12:10 (GMT -5) by C]
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, November 15, 2002 at 13:05 (GMT -5)

Almost forgot! While going for a third precrowning, at Very close i wanted to lead a "K" on to the black altar. "Barbarian...their neutral, so i can walk through." The death message: Sacrificed by a Berserker! Damn it! My screen was to bright:)

A realist sees a train.
Nolrael
Registered user
Lord of Baal Secundus

Last page view:

7566 days, 21 hours, 27 minutes and 28 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, November 22, 2002 at 04:14 (GMT -5)

OK, this is stupid. I had well-going dwarwen archer (lvl 14) in Dwarwen Halls. I also had a blessed scroll of familiar summoning. I read it and *poff* I have a greater earth elemental as pet. "Whee!" you think. You're right. I had lots of fun in there. The, when I was going to save Khelly with my AoLS I noticed that the stairs were in dark room. I stepped there pushing my pet forward. It went to dark room and I hitted it in the dark! It get mad and kill me. Aaarggghhh!!!

"I didn't come to play. I came to win."
Portrait
C
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, November 22, 2002 at 12:09 (GMT -5)

I've stopped playing adom for ideas, in a game I might make. Darkie has the orb of elemental earth.
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, November 22, 2002 at 13:00 (GMT -5)

Well, i once got the GE Elemental in DH, but also found a tension room... my pet got killed by a Greater Karmic Wyrm, i got killed by a Emperor Lich hideing deep (a Lich King was in front of him, so i didn't notice the black "L")

A realist sees a train.
Elethiomel
Registered user

Last page view:

7648 days, 15 hours, 34 minutes and 34 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, November 24, 2002 at 10:05 (GMT -5)

My Dwarven Paladin had just gotten Wyrmlance as a precrowning gift in the DH, and spotted a dark "D". Decided to test out the brand new dragon slayer weapon, and didn't notice it said "ancient". New items does that to me often, I feel invincible.
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, November 25, 2002 at 08:16 (GMT -5)

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm so stupid. And have sclerosis. Drakish healer lev 13. I explore Pyramid to kill Rehetep. I have no detect traps, but it was no problem. On second floor what a suprise I feel surge of power... What?????? I hear Harumph to... heh so I'm going on third floor, split on everone, wear ankh, ancient mummy wraping... And let's rock, I'm hard, bad and prepare to battle. I meet Dorn Beast Ben-Bley (or something like that was his name) look at his eyes and what a suprise he paralyzed me and ofcorse kill me.... Bleeee didn't AMW haven't resist to paralyse... I always thing it have... So I check it in old adom with my old PC and what a suprise I mistake poison resist with paralyzed.... Bleeeeee... It was stupid death. And at last in my pack was one unknow amulet it was amulet of free action, what a stupid death

Portrait
Guinea
Registered user
tWo-HeAdEd cHaOs WeAsEl

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, November 25, 2002 at 13:54 (GMT -5)

And what was the artifact? Did you check in .flg?

Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 at 06:09 (GMT -5)

Yeah I check, it was Protector:( Blehhh I should just teleport on this wanderfull shield, pickup and teleport to the stairs. But I belived that this AMW (nice artifact IMHO) have this resist. But now it's after tea... My new hero (drakish healer to) is more funny:): He got rune-covered trident (born in Raven), 19 level, Far slayer precrowning gift, he clean Darkforge, and small problem with wand of ice. Or with Frostbolt SB... Heh he know Death ray:))) It's his only combat spell:)

Portrait
C
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, December 21, 2002 at 14:51 (GMT -5)

AH forget it! I had Chaco kill Darkie off! Never trusting him again!
Archangel.
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, December 21, 2002 at 18:35 (GMT -5)

OK, my gnomish fighter (who was doing incredibly well) went to get the Ring of the High Kings. Used a wand of cold to get to the door, then wand of knocking and started to retreat towards the room entrance. The skeletal king was using his magic and shooting glowing balls at me. I was about 5 squares away from the piranha lake when he confused me. No matter which direction I tried to walk, I kept stumbling towards the lake and finally tripped and fell in to it(from nearly 300hp to below 0hp). Shit happened again.....

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 12/21/2002 at 18:35 (GMT -5) by its author]
Babacaman
Registered user
the Tropical ADOMer

Last page view:

7069 days, 4 hours, 35 minutes and 42 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, December 21, 2002 at 18:56 (GMT -5)

well.. this one was stupid too... Coc.. lvl 4.. dwarven paladin lvl 12... he meets a river... "hey! i got swimming at 53" i thought.. "lets take a dive" the rivers was 4 squares wide.. but what a surprise: when i was to get to the other side, a displacer beast just blocks my way! we all know how displacers are hard to hit so i decide to go back (my hp was already half).. and what a surprise again: a steel zombie blocks the other way!! (i dont know what a steel zombia was doing on lvl 4.. may have been generated in that "feeling" message.)
Result: dwarven paladin drowned while trying to kill the damned steel zombie.. Man.. for the first time i saw the monsters work together to get one of my PCs!! lol.. thats what i call teamwork..
needless to say i hate rivers since then

Die, stupid Eternal Guardian, die!! ohhh!! no! ! two of them?? nooooooooo!!
Orc Man
Registered user
Threadamancer

Last page view:

7670 days, 2 hours, 11 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, December 22, 2002 at 01:49 (GMT -5)

Trollish wizard, goes into ID finds a spellbook on level 2 reads it, my life force is drained away -123. It was a spellbook of deathray...

"The greatest obstacle obstructing the advancement of the human race, is the human race."
Portrait
Ryan Klein
Registered user
Because I said so is why!

Last page view:

1627 days, 6 hours, 28 minutes and 39 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, December 22, 2002 at 02:11 (GMT -5)

That is both extremely good and bad luck. I had that happen with a spellbook of wish except that I was further in the game.

It's like drinking from pools. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it don't
Portrait
C
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2002 at 12:28 (GMT -5)

My current char needs to go on the filk quest, they had several close calls, (mostly starvation) mostly starvation, and one with Keethrax the chaos wyrm, he almost blasted them to the afterlife with 4 hp!

Mocha
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2002 at 02:00 (GMT -5)

Well....my character didn't exactly died...it kinda got killed by a BUG in the program. Can u believe it????? Some error with visibility width thingy. And Iae, my gray elven druid was pretty nifty at level 42, with all resistances, 2 immunities, the ring of the Master Cat, 4 Orbs, teleportis, invisibility and all that fate smiles and lucky crap. He was happily blasting ancient Red dragons with Nether Bolts at D:46 or so in CoC when suddenly the game just crashed. ARGH!!!! sobsob. I don't think i have the strength to go on
Orc Man
Registered user
Threadamancer

Last page view:

7670 days, 2 hours, 11 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2002 at 02:08 (GMT -5)

I just kicked the ass of three greater molochs ,then I fall into a pit and die. Man..

"The greatest obstacle obstructing the advancement of the human race, is the human race."
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5636 days, 11 hours, 33 minutes and 56 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2002 at 03:52 (GMT -5)

Orc man that is some BAD luck. But don't worry be happy in a couple of days from now you'll just laugh at your funny death.

If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
eL
Registered user
Long lost brother

Last page view:

7156 days, 23 hours, 52 minutes and 34 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2002 at 10:23 (GMT -5)

it's pretty hard to laugh at your death... unless you are Peter Griffin ;-)

It's very hard to be humble, when you are great.
Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 6

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: