Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Your most stupid death

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 6 pages long.
Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 6
Darkhorse
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, February 13, 2003 at 17:38 (GMT -5)

All-time stupid death: in VD, went down the stairs to level 7...
...only to be confronted with a mimic and Yrrigs right next to me. The mimic paralyzed me with its first swipe before I could even act, and Yrrigs finished me off, with me just sitting there unable to move.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
ArcticWolf
Registered user
Karmic Popsicle

Last page view:

7419 days, 7 hours, 28 minutes and 49 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 14, 2003 at 03:10 (GMT -5)

Level 8 Hurtling archer, had to quit because the level was filled by green worms. I think there was a breeding room in that level, and I coudn't kill them fast enough.

Imagine a carmic popsicle -
First it is red and tastes like strawberry. Then it turns blue and tastes like blueberry. And if someone takes it from ye, he or she gets cursed and doomed.
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

3599 days, 1 hour, 12 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, February 19, 2003 at 03:14 (GMT -5)

Me new lv. 32 troll monk got sacrificed after he
got crowned and changed alignment in Dwarftown. He was trying to get very close with a chaos god when i saw a spectre and hit it but I couldn't kill it in one shot so I went to continue my job on the altar when I was sacrificed by the spectre. I forgot that after I hit him he could see me while I was invisible

For the Horde!

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 2/19/2003 at 03:17 (GMT -5) by Mewto]
eL
Registered user
Long lost brother

Last page view:

7184 days, 6 hours, 2 minutes and 48 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, February 19, 2003 at 05:53 (GMT -5)

OUCH!!

It's very hard to be humble, when you are great.
Timmy
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, February 23, 2003 at 11:39 (GMT -5)

My 19 level human beastfighter dead to starving next to goblin corpse! Argh.
Botched
Registered user

Last page view:

7645 days, 15 hours, 41 minutes and 4 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 28, 2003 at 09:03 (GMT -5)

i got a couple for you guys to laugh about.

1) my trollish monk is doing well but i kick the stairway once out of anger and the entire dungeon collapsed on me. odd isn't it

2) level 40 druid in gamma 10 i belive sacrificed tons of seeds when he was level 5 to be crowned and got purifier! well i was heading down kicking ass and i pick up a couple of things such as fire blankets and such intending to do the fire tower when my pet red dragon starts attacking someone in the dark. well i rush in to help and die. finding that i was killed by 4 liches and a moloch when a ratling fencer knocked big punch from my hands. for 10 turns i think i was fighting with my hands not knowing it. ARGHHHHH
-Botched
Portrait
Anarchy
Registered user
yAwN

Last page view:

4896 days, 21 hours, 29 minutes and 33 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, March 08, 2003 at 22:28 (GMT -5)

My char died because he tried kicking through a secret door but broke his leg to death :P.

Boredom ceases bladder.
TBD
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, April 07, 2003 at 10:22 (GMT -5)

Well, I can't remember much more stupid than this:

A little while ago, playing a troll barbarian. Had found a blessed amulet of life saving AND a b=oDS and decided to try to save Khelevaster. Went down to DH and died fighting couple of undeads. And I didn't even wear the amulet...
firestorm
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, April 07, 2003 at 10:48 (GMT -5)

breaking neck from using cursed climbing set to climb the chain.
Klavert
Registered user
The Hurthling

Last page view:

6518 days, 18 hours, 57 minutes and 47 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, April 08, 2003 at 11:08 (GMT -5)

At the start of the game, dying in room where Jharod the healer is in :D
Klavert
-I want ye to slay a rat to prove your valor- Thrundarr
That really happened to me :D
Geralt
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, April 15, 2003 at 11:36 (GMT -5)

I accidently hit a few times karmic lizard :) and after i killed him a ghul attacked me. I got paralyzed but I recovered. I had in inventory amulet of free action but of course i thought that i will kill ghut without it. I missed. Another paralyzation and death by STARVING !!!! Because i was 10 lv trollish healer born in candle and all the time i was on my max hp :) Thats stupid death :)
eL
Registered user
Long lost brother

Last page view:

7184 days, 6 hours, 2 minutes and 48 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, April 16, 2003 at 04:35 (GMT -5)

lol

It's very hard to be humble, when you are great.
Andor_Drakon
Registered user
The eLdEr ChAoS gOd

Last page view:

7676 days, 4 hours, 14 minutes and 7 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, April 19, 2003 at 22:47 (GMT -5)

Tyrian, lvl 12 Dwarf Elementalist. Went through the pyramid, killed Rehetep and all the visible enemies with Fire BOlt, step up to get the ancient mummy wrapping, and suddenly a MIMIC HIVEMIND attacks me and paralyses me.

I swore for about an hour

ChAoS Is CoMiNg!

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Kryllion
Registered user

Last page view:

7042 days, 16 hours, 37 minutes and 3 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, May 11, 2003 at 02:56 (GMT -5)

My second or third character ever was a dark elf paladin (I figgered he'd be some sort of Champion of Chaos). Found Jharrod for the first time in my playing career, and spoke to him. He explained to me that he could teach me Healing, but that I would have to show I was merciful.

Not knowing any better, my level 3 evil badass decides the best way to show Jharrod who's merciful and who isn't would be to beat that scrawny healer within an inch of his pathetic life, and then spare it. Sadly, Jharrod was not as merciful...

~Kryllion~
Master of the Screeching Humanling
Kryllion
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, May 12, 2003 at 00:09 (GMT -5)

oops... have a new stupid death - stupid continuance of a PC more accurately. Dwarven Monk, Lvl 3. Gets hit by some sort of hot mud trap on first level of the puppy cave, and went blind.

Waited a few turns for sight to return. It didn't. Figured out how to get back to the exit and went back to Terinyo to figure out a cure. No luck... praying didn't work, and I didn't have any luck figuring out exactly where in Terinyo I was anyway, so I took off and went back to the puppy cave.

Went stumbling back into the cave, killed a cave lion, virtually blindfolded. Swung mercilessly at anything that got in my path that wasn't a wall (usually it was a wall), and amazingly found the staircase leading down.

Wandered around for a bit before realizing that Jharrod was my only hope for a cure. Didn't figure I had great odds of finding him, but tried to feel my way back to the staircase anyway.

Was unsuccessful.. the ants kept screwing up the walls and I got lost somewhere on level 2 and eventually lost life to a giant ant. It was a heckuvan effort, though.

~Kryllion~
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3116 days, 18 hours, 19 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, May 12, 2003 at 07:23 (GMT -5)

Another guy, who has no idea how to clean his face... there is a wipe your "F"ace command in the game, you know... And it's not any TRAP, it's a room effect (increases your Ap by +1).

A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5663 days, 17 hours, 44 minutes and 10 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, May 12, 2003 at 09:14 (GMT -5)

A slight nitpick, the room effect lowers your ap by 1 and when you wipe the mud off your face you get +2... So the net gain is +1. Well yeah Maelstorm you were right I just had to get my post count up :P

No really had another point too... Kryllion did you think about the fact that you were blind and would've attacked jharod were you to bumb into him while blind?
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, May 12, 2003 at 09:45 (GMT -5)

J. there isn't a post count here, no use spamming like that ;P

A realist sees a train.
Kryllion
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, May 12, 2003 at 18:41 (GMT -5)

Nope, I'm not known for thinking. I hadn't thought about wiping my face... hadn't encountered that room before, so this was a first for me. Is face-wiping used anywhere else? The only time I'd seen it in any game was Gemstone III, a MUD (ironic!) where if you saluted yourself it showed your character as wiping their brow.

Didn't occur to me that I'd have hit Jharod in the act of finding him, but (as mentioned above) that wouldn't have been the first time Jharod had killed off a character of mine anyway.

~Kryllion~
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, May 13, 2003 at 11:13 (GMT -5)

You can use it also for not moving when stunned or confused in version prior to 1.1 (now, the only command that helps in this is cleaning your "E"ars).
And, from the non 'bug abuse' uses, you use it only to wipe your face clean of mud.

A realist sees a train.
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5663 days, 17 hours, 44 minutes and 10 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, May 13, 2003 at 14:44 (GMT -5)

M. is correct about that one. In older versions the special room where you got the mud-on-your-face was broken and did nothing. I think it was fixed in 1.1.0.

Also, M., there is a post count here. Read someone's profile, it's there. Till exempel du har 293. (FYI(a general you not just you M.) people's profiles are accessed by clicking on their name(in yellow under their avatar if applicable(sp?)

EDIT: spelling
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 5/13/2003 at 14:45 (GMT -5) by J.]
Egg King
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, July 09, 2003 at 06:36 (GMT -5)

Level 18 Necro- Was moving large amounts of spell book's with the help of Strength of atlas. It started to run out so thought I will just go 2 more spaces to the pyramid it runs out right as I hit the pyamid! Now think about what happens:(
Was crowned as well:(
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3755 days, 7 hours and 34 minutes ago.
Posted on Wednesday, July 09, 2003 at 08:36 (GMT -5)

Hmmm... challenge game idea... Go to the ID and go up and down on levels one and two repeatedly until you get a mud room...

... and win the game without ever wiping your face.

(Not one I'd like to try, that's for sure!)

Die Gedanken sind Frei
SolidSnake
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, July 10, 2003 at 17:40 (GMT -5)

Now thats damned hard!!! (Impossible, I'd say. You'd fall onto an alter and die easily)
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3897 days, 21 hours, 5 minutes and 50 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, September 26, 2003 at 04:32 (GMT -5)

Kiced stairs in Dwarf Town and the roof fell down and crushed me
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
C<U.>
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, September 26, 2003 at 19:47 (GMT -5)

Killed by a cat when I had potions of healing.
Portrait
Crimson King
Registered user

Last page view:

6320 days, 13 hours, 28 minutes and 19 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, September 27, 2003 at 06:23 (GMT -5)

Just died with a lvl 3 trollish barbarian. First, found a club of devastation from SMC, decided to go straight to HMV (I didn't really think it could be a good char) and, great, a surge of power. The guardian was a wraith (not the easiest one to defeat, but thanks to my club, it fell from few hits) and the artifact was Bracers of War. Yay. I was low on hp, and of course the next door fell on me. And the worst thing is that the door wasn't in a corridor, so I could've kicked it from the side.

Joka vitsaa säästää, saa kaatumataudin
Jonesy*unlogged*
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, September 27, 2003 at 12:27 (GMT -5)

Ouch!

My newest bad death was losing a level 36 char to trying to convert a chaotic alter, and then dropping stuff to see if it is cursed or whatever, then SACRIFICED by a kobold. *sigh*

Do AoLS protect against sacrifices by monsters?
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, September 27, 2003 at 15:32 (GMT -5)

Yes they do, but not really - you get ressurected on the altar, and the monster is still nearby, so you can get sacrificed again :P

A realist sees a train.
CK*Unlogged*
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, September 28, 2003 at 07:15 (GMT -5)

AARGH! Another one. This time a level 10 human assasin. Did the healer, didn't go for the little dog, I was too late anyways, so I decided to go down to HMV. Found an eternium girdle, tower crystal shield and yes!, the emerald dagger. Got up to HMV... guess who was waiting for me. A giant stone John Wilkes Booth. Tried to ran, but damn they throw their rocks far away. That was it. :(
I should've done the doggy first.
Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 6

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: