Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Weird Hotzenplotz bug

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5759 days, 22 hours, 5 minutes and 59 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, November 16, 2002 at 09:43 (GMT -5)

I just had a rather strange experience in 1.1.0. My Drakeling Wizard was attempting to kill Hotzenplotz by zapping him from afar, when suddenly he killed himself in a blind rage. (Any tips on making sure monsters don't do that? Alternatively, is a bugfix version likely to come out any time soon?)

I reported back to Tywat Pare, and he said "Hotzenplotz's been slaughtered. What a good thing. Since you have done a lot for us I'll teach you the laws of the country" and proceeded to teach me Law. That was odd, since technically I hadn't done the Hotzenplotz quest, only Kranach, so I hadn't really done a lot for him. I tried talking to him again but he just said "Hotzenplotz's been slaughtered. What a good thing" rather than what he used to say about finding Blup's mum.
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

4 days, 16 hours, 33 minutes and 4 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, November 16, 2002 at 21:34 (GMT -5)

Read something like that elsewhere too...

Seems they don't remember the last attacker properly sometimes (spell dammage maybe?) and default to attacking itself rather than the player...

Something simmilar used to happen with fireball traps, monsters hit by a fireball trap become hostile toward the one who triggered it, problem was this also applied to the one who did the trigering, so if the monster survided the trap it would beat and/or zap itself to death...

Had it happen to the Ancient Chaos Whyrm once, kinda fun to watch it confuse itself stagger around a bit and then blast it self to death (while taking time out to heal a little in between) :)

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
C(unlogged)
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, November 16, 2002 at 22:53 (GMT -5)

That happened to Darkie, it was hillarious, the chaos wyrm killed it self so did some fire elementals near it.
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5759 days, 22 hours, 5 minutes and 59 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, November 17, 2002 at 06:05 (GMT -5)

Ah, but when the Ancient Chaos Wyrm killed itself, did Sharad-Waador give you Needle? If not, then you were deprived of the Trident - very annoying. Sometimes you don't want monsters to kill themselves because you'll be rewarded for killing them.

Hmmm, just thought of something - maybe Calm Monster will cause monsters in a blind rage to calm down?
drset81
Registered user

Last page view:

7754 days, 13 hours, 45 minutes and 11 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, November 17, 2002 at 16:35 (GMT -5)

I don't know about this...one time in 1.1.0 I had a Dark Elven Bard (great, great character, too, by the way), and his fire beetle friend got the deathblow on Kranach--Tywat Pare said "The scourge of our country has been removed; too bad it wasn't you that did it." or something like that, and I didn't get the reward. Food for thought.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: