Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Drowning+race

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Nolrael
Registered user
Lord of Baal Secundus

Last page view:

7594 days, 4 hours, 41 minutes and 56 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, November 17, 2002 at 04:15 (GMT -5)

Has anyone noticed that Dark elves seem to drown much less than other races? I noticed it when playing dark elf merchant and crossing that river to get to mad minstrel. He didn't take any drowning damage (without swimming). There was that message "you are drowning" but no damage. The I tested this, and noticed it was true. I tried couple of dark elf characters and all of them could have get to water dragon if some of them wouldn't have died on monsters. BTW, version is 1.1.0. This could create interesting possibilities, since I think that rivers in dungeons wouldn't be that hazardous (with waterproof blanket...). 1-level characters could get to water dragon and tell that to Blub, and then get trident on time. Anyone?

"I didn't come to play. I came to win."
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5765 days, 5 hours, 29 minutes and 24 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, November 17, 2002 at 05:56 (GMT -5)

It has been suggested (on the newsgroup) that characters without the swimming skill do not take any drowning damage, but characters with the swimming skill drown normally. Try a dark elf with the swimming skill (e.g. barbarian or elementalist) and see what happens.
Nolrael
Registered user
Lord of Baal Secundus

Last page view:

7594 days, 4 hours, 41 minutes and 56 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, November 17, 2002 at 12:52 (GMT -5)

Well, I tried a dark elf barbarian and he drowned much faster than e.g that merchant. Interesting.
BTW, dark elf assasins are stylish. I had quite great feelings (not sure it's the right word, but I truly roleplayed that assasin and [whatsthisword]) when I killed Kranarch by first throwing 5 poisoned daggers at him, then stabbing and slashing. Great experience. Next time I try it in real life. ;)

"I didn't come to play. I came to win."

Are dark elf assasins stylish?
Yes  No
Check results

Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3755 days, 8 hours, 38 minutes and 14 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, November 18, 2002 at 00:04 (GMT -5)

My L+ characters would have to try to stop you... and get killed, naturally, since all my characters seem to be doomed whether they have the intrinsic or not!

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
C
Registered user

Last page view:

6292 days, 23 hours, 58 minutes and 39 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, November 18, 2002 at 18:32 (GMT -5)

I only have neutrals and chaotics, and they don't care, hmmm, I wonder if its possible to find my client and defeat him. Anyway all I play are grey elves and dark elves they don't seem to take very much drowning damage, especialy tbe darkelves, I might try 1.0 heard it has 24 scrolls of cure corruption in the bug-ruins.
Portrait
Guinea
Registered user
tWo-HeAdEd cHaOs WeAsEl

Last page view:

6968 days, 17 hours, 32 minutes and 22 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, November 19, 2002 at 12:25 (GMT -5)

No, only 6 scrolls there IIRC. BTW, any hints on what char should I try CG ending with? I'm thinking about gray elven archer.

Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

7762 days, 51 minutes and 45 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 20, 2002 at 07:19 (GMT -5)

Did anybody knows that dark orcs can cast spells???? In wersion 1.0.0 My grey elven necro meet on 2049 level of Infinity dark orc who cast invis spell. I never nothis something like that for this creature before...

"Insect, we care not for thee. Disturb us any we will extingwish thy weak candle of life"
Tanthalas Pathfinder
Registered user
aka Tanthie

Last page view:

7053 days, 21 hours, 56 minutes and 44 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 20, 2002 at 08:18 (GMT -5)

Are you sure? Maybe he just drank potion of invisibility.

"When watching anime, never worry about the consequences."
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, November 20, 2002 at 09:28 (GMT -5)

Nope I check in monster memory, there was "enable to cast spell" or something like that about casting

"Insect, we care not for thee. Disturb us any we will extingwish thy weak candle of life"
Tanthalas Pathfinder
Registered user
aka Tanthie

Last page view:

7053 days, 21 hours, 56 minutes and 44 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 20, 2002 at 09:41 (GMT -5)

Ok. Then that dark orc was really experienced.

"When watching anime, never worry about the consequences."
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, November 20, 2002 at 10:19 (GMT -5)

Yes he and all monsters on this level had ~200 level:) But maybe dark orcs can cast in normal situations to

Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, November 20, 2002 at 10:28 (GMT -5)

Hmmm about drowning barbarian is a stronger and bigger than merchants they weight more. And if somebady is light he theoreticaly would be drown longer... But its only my hypothesis...
And about Blup mother it's not a simple river, its underwater cave, there no surface only underwater place... There without waterbrething everyone should drowning incosiderate on swimming skill

Portrait
C
Registered user

Last page view:

6292 days, 23 hours, 58 minutes and 39 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 20, 2002 at 18:07 (GMT -5)

SHe gave me the flg she found 24? Tricked me... Anyway on v 16gr I found on lvl 2160 a orc that casted spells also.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 11/20/2002 at 18:08 (GMT -5) by C]

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: