Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / haggling

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 2 pages long.
Go to page 1 2
buttnugget
Registered user

Last page view:

7627 days, 7 hours, 59 minutes and 59 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, November 24, 2002 at 19:17 (GMT -5)

in terinyo the shopkeeper told me i couldn't haggle anymore after haggling a dozen times or so. how long does that last? i hope it's not for the rest of the game. character died anyway, promising young lad. human bard and silver wolf. both level 3. ah well..
buttnugget
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, November 24, 2002 at 21:37 (GMT -5)

got a great character just startign out. high elf priest. got +5 to str for walking about burdened, started out at 10. all my items have pluses for dv/pv. found baptism of fire in ID. i managed to kill kranach easily because of BoF but i didn't even need the money because i'm finding all sorts of food w/o the skill needed. usually have a hard time with that. but the great thing, hehe, i was using a spear for dv bonus and thought, what the hell i'll go to SMC to see if i get a good weapon even though i already found a waterp blanket and guess what. found scimitar of devestation 5d8 +6!! i didn't stay in that cave for more than 2 min, almost didn't even pick that up off of the ground, lol. born in month of sword too so training weapons is a lot easier. killed a cat by mistake though. ah well.
buttnugget
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, November 25, 2002 at 00:10 (GMT -5)

got ring of immuntiy for precrown, extremely close on second but need another level...forgot about that...this guy's goin great
buttnugget
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, November 25, 2002 at 21:13 (GMT -5)

this has got to be the luckiest character i've ever had. i just pickpocket the sapphire amulet from a beserker on my way to HMV, pickpocket skill is only at 24. man this is great!
buttnugget
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 at 16:45 (GMT -5)

well this is turning into a log of my character, hehe. i missed my chance to go to the pyramid :( but i found 3 boar corpses! great plused to str and toughness, and i've got my gardening going great in puppy cave for morgia and stoma. man this could be an ultra ender, i've got a brass amulet, does that still work in 1.0 or do you just have to find AolS? is anyone evenr eading this post?
Freelancer
Registered user
Orc

Last page view:

7814 days, 18 hours, 15 minutes and 49 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 at 17:45 (GMT -5)

I´m reading it ;)

Those potions of stun recovery are not useless
Elethiomel
Registered user

Last page view:

7673 days, 16 hours, 39 minutes and 13 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 at 18:16 (GMT -5)

Me, too.
buttnugget
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, December 01, 2002 at 22:04 (GMT -5)

well my priest beat andy, kinda, hehe. i cleaned out d:50 like i was mike tyson in a red headed step child convention. i stood in front of the gate and was about to go in when i realized i had left my amulet and crown of chaos in the beautiful clearing....whooooooooops. so of course i save scummed and went back and got it. save scummed throughout the game too, i've never made it past lvl 20 or so w/o save scumming. if i want to play what i consider to be a fair game i will always use the duplicating trick for potions of water. i think it's a pretty silly aspect of the game for a character to not have access to water when there's rivers and rain all the time. btw, has there been any rfe's about an adom colloseum or something of that sort. i'd like to be able to match some of my characters up to you guys. we could duke it out in the arena, or in bugville next to the hero statues or something. that shouldn't be too hard for thomas to do eh? maybe i'll go submit it
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3114 days, 13 hours, 13 minutes and 27 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, December 02, 2002 at 12:03 (GMT -5)

Don't - savescumming and cheating is, well, just LAME. And the hall is only for non-cheated characters.

A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
buttnugget
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, December 02, 2002 at 20:37 (GMT -5)

thanks for the advice, cheesehead. i'll do what i please. you can sit there and say over and over again how you don't cheat, you're just lying. and i know what the hall of fame is for.
eL
Registered user
Long lost brother

Last page view:

7182 days, 57 minutes and 13 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, December 03, 2002 at 10:18 (GMT -5)

hey, no flame!
Butt, cheating DOES suck. If i would've win with a scummed char, i wouldn't be proud of it. I'd be ashamed... And some people really don't cheat. Me. :)

It's very hard to be humble, when you are great.
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3114 days, 13 hours, 13 minutes and 27 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, December 03, 2002 at 12:33 (GMT -5)

Hey - I didn't mean to offend you, but if you put it that way... 4get it, your not worth my effort. I stopped cheating in Gamma 16, and it a LOT more satifinig to beat up a Moloch with a non-cheated lvl 18 char and die to a green "V" right after that, than finish the game with save-scumming (never tried any other form of cheating thou...).
Won 4 times and finished a Law Avatar with cheating and it was boring. Won once without cheating - and that's what i'm proud of.

A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 12/3/2002 at 12:33 (GMT -5) by Maelstrom]
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

7759 days, 18 hours, 41 minutes and 56 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, December 03, 2002 at 12:54 (GMT -5)

Yes Maelstrom you have right, my only one clean PC who win was Arian. I'm proud with this boy... it was wonderfull three days of game, lots of fun, lots of adrenaline, lots of thinking "Where I should go now?" It was hard days:)

"Insect, we care not for thee. Disturb us any we will extingwish thy weak candle of life"
buttnugget
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, December 03, 2002 at 19:05 (GMT -5)

maelstrom that really makes no sense to me, but if it pleases you, fine. just don't stick your opinions on me cause they stink. it is more fun w/o cheating but i want to play the game, not sit and practice on how to begin w/o dying for hours and hours. if i want to practice something i'll sit in front of my keyboard or hold my guitar.
Dekar
Registered user

Last page view:

7798 days, 10 hours, 25 minutes and 43 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, December 05, 2002 at 16:23 (GMT -5)

The only character I got up to level 50 I had to reload twice. However, I used this char mostly to learn new things about the game, explore and do the fun stuff like that. I didn't even care to finish the game, even though I'm sure I would have failed due to corruption.

Since then I haven't played a wizard again, since they simply are overpowered compared to the others (imo). I'm trying to get something out of hurtling archers now. This lvl 17 one is pretty promising, even though it would be even better with a crowning artifact better than the silly obsidian quarrel.

Have a nice day, Later!
Vulgar
Registered user
Necromantic Farmer

Last page view:

4491 days, 10 hours, 21 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, December 06, 2002 at 02:36 (GMT -5)

Cheesehead *chuckle* I like that one...
BTW isn't this getting on to a different topic now? I think haggling is like a spellbook and it varies the amoant you can do before they won't do it anymore. Maybe charisma has a hand in it?

Should I eat it or make it my undead slave?
Portrait
C
Registered user

Last page view:

6290 days, 17 hours, 48 minutes and 50 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, December 06, 2002 at 18:19 (GMT -5)

Haggling deals with charsima the skill (haggling) and apperance. I don't cheat,ALL the time, and after all if I do I still don't feel a thing.
Babacaman
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, December 15, 2002 at 14:34 (GMT -5)

Cheating sucks!
I used to save scum until gamma 16, then i stopped doing it... i realized i wasnt enjoying the game as much as i could.. when you know that if you die you can always reload, you will not fear that stupid green V, or that purple wand that turned out to be a wand of lightning ball... if you want to cheat, thats alright, if it pleases you, but dont come bragging about a char that was supposed to be dead long before...

Does cheating sucks?
Yes  No
Check results

buttnugget
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, December 15, 2002 at 16:41 (GMT -5)

lol, look at all the reformed cheaters. this might as well be called CA, cheaters anonymous.

"hi, my name's babacaman and i'm a recovered cheater, now i enjoy life to the fullist. before adom g16 i was a full fledged cheater, now look at me, i've completely evolved from a person that brags about cheating to a person that brags and comdems those who don't care if other people know they cheat. yep, i sure am where i'm supposed to be in life"

besides, that, mr. smartty man, talking about a charcter with incredible luck has nothing to do with cheating. oh, i'm sorry, did that not fit into your sweeping generalizations?

don't ever visit any spoily sites on the internet, don't ever save scum, back up files other than for crashes, or use any programs to help you in the game. that's not cheating.

now let me here it, let me here that spoiler sites isn't cheating. let me hear your little cyber cries and pleas. i already know, it's OK for you to determine what is and isn't cheating for you and everyone else but it's not ok for me to write a post about a character and admit something you're not willing to unless you think it can get you some brown nose points in here with all the other in the closet cheaters.

besides, what's teh point in quitting cheating after g16? you already know everythign in the game from start to finish, you know all the tricks and secrets, why bother now? you need to go wipe yourself son, i can smell you from here.
eL
Registered user
Long lost brother

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, December 16, 2002 at 01:43 (GMT -5)

i stopped cheating because i thought - hey, if i finish the game with cheating, i won't be proud of myself. And i like being proud of myself! :)

Portrait
Mishka
Registered user
Hopeless

Last page view:

6116 days, 18 hours, 55 minutes and 7 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, December 16, 2002 at 02:58 (GMT -5)

Hm, It's not bad to cheat. I don't cheat, because it's more exiting this way. If someone want's to thats not anyones business to critizise. But you really shouldn't sent your char to HoF, it is clearly for non-scummed characters.
I have considered scrumming, so that i could check out some places. But now i finally have a char who is strong enough, to visit, ToEF, Darkforge and the rest.
IMHO it is much more fun this way.

"Faugh!" snorted Tahngarth. "Why would it make a meal out of something like you?" Squee looked relieved. "No," he continued, "you'd make a much better toothpick."
eL
Registered user
Long lost brother

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, December 16, 2002 at 05:04 (GMT -5)

ANOTHER CHEATER!! DIE!! >:-(
Cheating SUCKS!!!

Portrait
Mishka
Registered user
Hopeless

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, December 16, 2002 at 08:45 (GMT -5)

Who? Me? aww, I don't cheat, I have thought about cheating, but I haven't cheated.
I like keeping my Hi-Score clean, it's always cool to get further and further. Little annoying tough because I usually die out of my own stupidity.

"Faugh!" snorted Tahngarth. "Why would it make a meal out of something like you?" Squee looked relieved. "No," he continued, "you'd make a much better toothpick."
Archangel.
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, December 16, 2002 at 09:19 (GMT -5)

I used to cheat to study things and explore all the stuff... I was a lousy player then. Maybe I still am but nowadays I get much further with my characters w/o cheating.

Haven't cheated in about 1,5 years now and I'm never gonna do it again (unless I discover something really odd that looks like a bug, then it requires some studying. But that wouldn't even be cheating would it?)

Anyways, play the game however you want, but as Mishka said keep the HOF clean.
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5661 days, 12 hours, 38 minutes and 35 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, December 16, 2002 at 10:45 (GMT -5)

Mishka when you say the HoF is for non-scummed chars I believe you mean save scumming?

If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 12/16/2002 at 10:46 (GMT -5) by J.]
Babacaman
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, December 16, 2002 at 15:16 (GMT -5)

yeah thats what i meant.. if buttnuget wants to cheat thats his problem.. all i said was not to brag about a cheated character... then he threw at me dozens of huge rocks and javelins of death.. bad boy! didnt mom teach you to be polite?
buttnugget
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, December 16, 2002 at 20:15 (GMT -5)

well, she tried. cheat on, cheaters!! rise, fight to death our right to cheat!!! this is political incorrectness! where are my rights? don't you guys know i'm an american? in america we always try to overexcercise our free speach in an attempt to fool ourselves into thinking we're not communist. see?

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 12/16/2002 at 20:17 (GMT -5) by buttnugget]
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3753 days, 2 hours, 28 minutes and 25 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, December 16, 2002 at 20:17 (GMT -5)

Americans are mostly imbeciles... I should know, I live with a bunch of 'em. I'm German, by the way...

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Mishka
Registered user
Hopeless

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, December 17, 2002 at 01:52 (GMT -5)

Yes, I meant save scumming.

Descent
Registered user

Last page view:

4872 days, 9 hours, 57 minutes and 26 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, December 17, 2002 at 07:08 (GMT -5)

Why don`t you people just shut up! And those californians are just stupid. Hold you`re horses cowboys!!!!!!!
Go to page 1 2

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: