Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Hostile Terinyo....

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5759 days, 10 hours, 53 minutes and 59 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, November 25, 2002 at 04:37 (GMT -5)

My best 1.1.x character yet has a problem - most of Terinyo seems to be hostile towards her. You see, Gaab-Baay asked for the corpse of a farmer, and being permanently invisible with no potions of visibility, I couldn't lure him away before killing him. I tried pickpocketing him to get his attention, but it didn't help, so I had to kill him in Terinyo. As soon as I did so, everyone in sight turned hostile.

Now I'd like to know:

1. Is there any way I could have killed the farmer without antagonising the other villagers?

2. Are the villagers going to start fighting each other? (If I'm going to become an Avatar of Balance, I had better make sure Khelavaster survives.)

3. Will Khelavaster still summon the Trident if he's hostile? Or is there a reliable way to pacify him so that he will?
Tanthalas Pathfinder
Registered user
aka Tanthie

Last page view:

7048 days, 3 hours, 21 minutes and 19 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, November 25, 2002 at 06:28 (GMT -5)

1. If you are lucky you have a farmer in that fortress like village. The you will have no problems when killing him.

2. I dont think so...

3. Dunno.

"When watching anime, never worry about the consequences."
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

7756 days, 6 hours, 16 minutes and 20 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, November 25, 2002 at 09:49 (GMT -5)

1) The best way is just swich position with farmer and when you are in "exit pool". Just go away with this farmer on little stroll... And if you a really cruel person, you should find some encounter, cast invis and just wait until brave farmer fallen in deadly combat with swarm of enemies

"Insect, we care not for thee. Disturb us any we will extingwish thy weak candle of life"
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, November 25, 2002 at 10:52 (GMT -5)

BM, the problem was that I was permanently invisible (I'd been drinking from pools) so the farmer wouldn't follow me out of Terinyo.

I suppose I could have read a scroll of familiar summoning and ordered the resulting pet to kill him. What about killing him with a bolt spell or shooting a missile past him? (Those are techniques for attacking a peaceful monster without losing alignment.)
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

7756 days, 6 hours, 16 minutes and 20 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, November 25, 2002 at 11:21 (GMT -5)

Use your companion, people in Terinyo will be hostile only to your pet not for you, but don't kill everyone in Terinyo;)
Do not use magic, it's harmless killing but everybody will be hostile...
Hmmm.. Is Khelavaster in Terinyo or no?
If he is absent in extremaly way just kill everyone and no problem, Kheli will be in empty village;)
Try get potions of visibility it's useful... ehhhhh

"Insect, we care not for thee. Disturb us any we will extingwish thy weak candle of life"

[Edited 3 times, last edit on 11/25/2002 at 11:28 (GMT -5) by BM]
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, November 27, 2002 at 04:09 (GMT -5)

Well, here's what actually happened. I went back to Terinyo, zapped a wand of monster detection and teleported over to Khelavaster, who was hostile. I gave him the crumpled scroll anyway, and he summoned the Trident. However, he refused to move off it, and just stood there casting spells at me. After a while he picked up _my_ Trident and I had no choice but to kill him (with one casting of Burning Hands). Though this was a chaotic act, it luckily did not make me a fallen champion, and the character became an Avatar of Balance (my first 1.1.x victory).
Tanthalas Pathfinder
Registered user
aka Tanthie

Last page view:

7048 days, 3 hours, 21 minutes and 19 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 27, 2002 at 05:27 (GMT -5)

Nice job dude!

"When watching anime, never worry about the consequences."
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5658 days, 12 minutes and 59 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 27, 2002 at 07:49 (GMT -5)

That's nice. I've yet to manage a normal victory:) Oh and if you're playing 1.1.1 be sure to post a flg to thw ADOM HoF.
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

4 days, 5 hours, 21 minutes and 4 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, November 30, 2002 at 20:34 (GMT -5)

You can kill farmers (and just about anyone else) in town one by one without anyone else bothering (or at least you used to be eable to)...

The trick is to make them do the first (overt) hostiel action, and then kill theim in "self defence"...

Tricks to make them hostile without doing any overt hostile acts include, pick pocketing, ventriqulism(sp?), confution blast/wave (mindcrafters) and various stunn/paralyze spells.

Haven't tested if this works while invisible or in the latest version though...

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Portrait
C
Registered user

Last page view:

6287 days, 5 hours, 23 minutes and 14 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, November 30, 2002 at 20:39 (GMT -5)

It didn't work for me in version 1.1 the Blurp attacked I was invisible killed a farmer, and the druid finished that character off, but using spells didn't effect anyone, they left me alone.

----- "Mr. is it true you're going through a nervous breakdown?"

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 11/30/2002 at 20:40 (GMT -5) by C]
Portrait
Gareth
Registered user
Banshee´s new husband *dead*

Last page view:

7727 days, 19 hours, 36 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, November 30, 2002 at 20:40 (GMT -5)

Yeah the druid can be a pain in the ear sometimes..

I would like to have a Murderous Eternium Two-handed sword of penetration please
Portrait
C
Registered user

Last page view:

6287 days, 5 hours, 23 minutes and 14 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, November 30, 2002 at 20:42 (GMT -5)

That was one of the first chars. to be killed in the town, well they were only on lvl 5.

----"Mr. is it true you're going through a nervous breakdown?"

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 11/30/2002 at 20:42 (GMT -5) by C]
Portrait
Gareth
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, November 30, 2002 at 20:45 (GMT -5)

I can almost bet that it wasn´t a farmer

I would like to have a Murderous Eternium Two-handed sword of penetration please
X
Registered user
Melcholic in Michigan

Last page view:

7751 days, 4 hours, 40 minutes and 40 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, November 30, 2002 at 20:51 (GMT -5)

I always empty out the town, if I'm going after a UE or after I finish a normal game.

"Thank you for the lastest release of gradwrecker 1.0, my G.P.A. just went in the corner and shot itself!"
Portrait
Gareth
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, November 30, 2002 at 20:57 (GMT -5)

Then u are eeeevil... what about the poor tiny girl?
U should think twice before u chop her head of with your Eternium Two-handed sword of penetration.... Thou shalt not rest in peace until she gets her revenge!

X
Registered user
Melcholic in Michigan

Last page view:

7751 days, 4 hours, 40 minutes and 40 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, November 30, 2002 at 21:10 (GMT -5)

STill dude yeah I'm evil whooo! DOn't worry the char, Yessa was killed by Ygirry!

"Thank you for the lastest release of gradwrecker 1.0, my G.P.A. just went in the corner and shot itself!"

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: