Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Bards, Who What When Where Why

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Dumbard.
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 at 01:37 (GMT -5)

I'm new to Bards, never touched them cause I could never figure out how to work the damnable music ability. So I come for help from the Bard Gods.

1.I set off a trap, Im level 5, my fairy dragon is 12...I'm sure we all been here. How do you calm your companions after things like this happen?

2.How do I get new companions? I keep picking Gray Elves cause of their awesome companion...but I would really like to make another race of my choice and tame a more "leet" monster. (Maybe black a dragon or something)

3.Spells and Bards, I wanna be a caster. I pick all the talents to get me set off straight, but books seem to be in limited supply...Suggestions?

Thanks In Advance.
Gareth
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 at 04:39 (GMT -5)

Are you playing version 1.1.1?
I donīt think setting of traps makes your companions on that version. Iīm not sure though..
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

7755 days, 10 hours, 5 minutes and 27 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 at 06:01 (GMT -5)

2. If you meet some nice animal just play on your instrument use instrument, and this animal will be your.. Like Orpheush... Dragons isn't a good choise...
3 Hmmm Bards on 18 levels get 4 randomly choosen spells... So they can have small chance to find spellbooks, something like elementalist... Try fight on road near Pyramid with sceletons patrols or explore Infinity

"Insect, we care not for thee. Disturb us any we will extingwish thy weak candle of life"
Dumbard
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 at 11:08 (GMT -5)

The new v.1.1.1 or whatever still screws you over when you set off a trap near a pet. So I take it you can't fix this.

Anyone wanna reccomend a good pet?
SuperLobster
Registered user
The Mad Monk

Last page view:

7702 days, 6 hours, 17 minutes and 35 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 at 11:29 (GMT -5)

The best place I've found for getting a really good pet/companion is to read a blessed scroll of familiar summoning in the Sinister Library or rift, as virtually anything can be created there and at a decent level of experience, too.

You want to fight? Fight me! HAHAHA
Portrait
Guinea
Registered user
tWo-HeAdEd cHaOs WeAsEl

Last page view:

6962 days, 2 hours, 46 minutes and 4 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 at 11:46 (GMT -5)

Better place is DH:2. Or D:50 :). The best companions IMHO are greater earth elementals.

Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

7755 days, 10 hours, 5 minutes and 27 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 at 12:07 (GMT -5)

The best place is SMC only if you are necromancer, and the best companion for him is quickling queen/king lich.... Another good place to make some good slaves is Andor Drakorn Palace:) It can be very fun;) With red rooster necro can make 3 lichs and his mana stat will be normal;)

"Insect, we care not for thee. Disturb us any we will extingwish thy weak candle of life"
Elfman! the Bard
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 at 16:41 (GMT -5)

So...animals (in general) make crappy companions (for those of us who would keep one around and get it strong)?....it's better to use a scroll of FM in a rough 'n tough place?
I'm so sad...i got my music to 100 quick!
Portrait
Archangel
Registered user
The Creator's servant

Last page view:

7349 days, 14 hours, 4 minutes and 29 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 at 17:38 (GMT -5)

My best character ever, a drakish priest, got a greater earth elemental from SoFS in DH:2.
As guinea said, it kicks ass! Or it kicked ass until one of my stupid experiments went wrong: I was in the high mountain village and I ordered it to kill the old crone (just for fun). It did beat her up somewhat, but then she teleported it to the other side of the water squares. Rocky, that was his name, was unable to cross water and was too stupid to go around, so the old crone eventually blasted him with her spells.

I hereby announce that I am more than willing to kill anyone who dares to cross my way
SuperLobster
Registered user
The Mad Monk

Last page view:

7702 days, 6 hours, 17 minutes and 35 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, December 12, 2002 at 10:59 (GMT -5)

I have had a Moloch generated as a companion in the Sinister Library. Slow but fun to have around when they get a bit of experience. Also have gotten an Ancient Karmic Dragon, but he got his butt kicked by Kherab in Darkforge. Thought that would be a good way to get it some experience. Just made Kherab more powerful...

You want to fight? Fight me! HAHAHA
Zaddiq
Registered user

Last page view:

6970 days, 20 hours, 38 minutes and 29 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, December 13, 2002 at 15:46 (GMT -5)

killer bugs and greater claw bugs make good companions for a bard. with a decent music skill and good instrument you can get a greater claw bug real early in the game. my last bard got one at level 3 in ver 1.0.0. they hit hard and bypass pv and they spawn, so you can keep 2 or 3 around in case one dies.

zad

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 12/13/2002 at 15:56 (GMT -5) by Zaddiq]
Craig
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, December 16, 2002 at 05:31 (GMT -5)

Giant Boars are good pets too - they have around 200 speed from the beginning, and pretty much wipe the floor with most things.
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5657 days, 4 hours, 2 minutes and 6 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, December 16, 2002 at 10:31 (GMT -5)

I hear if you train them enough they can damage (and kill) (greater)molochs and thing like that so boars are powerful.

If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
eL
Registered user
Long lost brother

Last page view:

7177 days, 16 hours, 20 minutes and 44 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, December 16, 2002 at 10:36 (GMT -5)

Hawky would be able to kill Andy on high levs, i think...

It's very hard to be humble, when you are great.
J.
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, December 16, 2002 at 10:51 (GMT -5)

No, he wouldn't. (Maybe techically, but not in practise)

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Jillian
Registered user
the High Elven Barbarian

Last page view:

7705 days, 6 hours, 52 minutes and 23 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, December 28, 2002 at 16:41 (GMT -5)

Well, he can't follow the player to the D:49, so he can't pass the gate. In fact, any of the companion can pass D:49.
J.
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, December 29, 2002 at 05:32 (GMT -5)

That's exactly what I meant :)

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: