Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Black Wizards

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Alexander Hatzl
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, November 30, 2002 at 15:10 (GMT -5)

Hello.

The Guidebook tells me that black wizards 'summon random creatures', as far as I can remember I've only seen them summon very low danger level-monsters however.

My question is, can they actually summon good stuff later on, or are they limited to goblins, gnolls and their likes?
Portrait
Gareth
Registered user
Banshee´s new husband *dead*

Last page view:

7732 days, 23 hours, 11 minutes and 25 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, November 30, 2002 at 15:24 (GMT -5)

I *think* that the more experienced they are, the better creatures they can summon

I would like to have a Murderous Eternium Two-handed sword of penetration please
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3116 days, 4 hours, 22 minutes and 59 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, November 30, 2002 at 16:00 (GMT -5)

They propably summon only creatures of the same (or lower) danger level as themselfs. It would be outrageous if a little black wizard could summon balors, emperor liches or even ogre lords, ratling warlords and the like.

A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
Alexander Hatzl
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, November 30, 2002 at 16:06 (GMT -5)

Ah, but a level 50 black wizard would have an appropriate danger level maximum, right? Uh, right??

(I just want to make sure I don't waste a lot of time on training a goblin factory)
Portrait
Gareth
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, November 30, 2002 at 16:46 (GMT -5)

Umm... I don´t think monsters have the lvl 50 limit as PC´s do...

I would like to have a Murderous Eternium Two-handed sword of penetration please
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, November 30, 2002 at 16:57 (GMT -5)

They don't. Infact i've seen creatures with a lvl of 150+

A realist sees a train.
Portrait
Gareth
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, November 30, 2002 at 17:00 (GMT -5)

They must be veeery dangerous

Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, November 30, 2002 at 19:15 (GMT -5)

Ever been in the SMC when your lvl 50? Then you get 100 lvl monsters. And if you create a slave in there at lvl 50, then let it gain xps, you can get that much xps (a quickling queen vampire is a nice thing to have, no? :D)

A realist sees a train.
X
Registered user
Melcholic in Michigan

Last page view:

7756 days, 8 hours, 15 minutes and 48 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, November 30, 2002 at 20:54 (GMT -5)

I have I died on MMG at the level 1550, I was a necromancer I also saw Black wizards that summoned quickling kings and molochs, very scary!

"Thank you for the lastest release of gradwrecker 1.0, my G.P.A. just went in the corner and shot itself!"
Portrait
Gareth
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, November 30, 2002 at 21:00 (GMT -5)

You should´ve brought the tiny girl from terinyo with u, she would´ve used her Ultra-heavy piano to tame the scary monsters lol

X
Registered user
Melcholic in Michigan

Last page view:

7756 days, 8 hours, 15 minutes and 48 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, November 30, 2002 at 21:09 (GMT -5)

Yeah, and bring kenny from the town too. SO I can say "Oh my God they killed Kenny!" "You bastards!"

"Thank you for the lastest release of gradwrecker 1.0, my G.P.A. just went in the corner and shot itself!"
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

2 days, 4 hours, 16 minutes and 13 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, December 02, 2002 at 10:49 (GMT -5)

Black wizards can be nasty... Once I encountered a lone wizard in the wilderness and figured I'd waste him. Unfortunately he descided to summon more black wizards...

Pretty soon the map was pretty full of monsters, including a dozen werevolves who didn't help matters...

I've also seen one summon vortices (I've even done so myself with the "summon monsters spell"), VERY nasty.

Another nasty summon I've encountered was one that summoned lightning lizards while I was in a rather small room .. Shocking experience.

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
SuperLobster
Registered user
The Mad Monk

Last page view:

7708 days, 6 hours, 3 minutes and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, December 02, 2002 at 10:59 (GMT -5)

I just recently had a black wizard summon a bunch of karmic lizards, which was really annoying, especially as a have a bad habit of just holding a direction key down when attacked by huge groups of low level summoned monsters/breeders. So much for my karma...

You want to fight? Fight me! HAHAHA
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

7761 days, 9 hours, 51 minutes and 28 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, December 03, 2002 at 06:05 (GMT -5)

Hmmm once I found black wizard in vilage cave. I walk in dark room. Cast light. And first what I saw, it was black wizard and lots of great red V, next it was death mesage..
Gareth did youe ever been in Infinity on hmmm 2000 level?

"Insect, we care not for thee. Disturb us any we will extingwish thy weak candle of life"
Portrait
Gareth
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, December 03, 2002 at 08:06 (GMT -5)

I´ve not even been below level 25 I think lol

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 12/3/2002 at 11:27 (GMT -5) by Gareth]
Mindstorm
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, December 04, 2002 at 04:38 (GMT -5)

Bm's question wasn't meant to fool or demean you, Gareth. He really tried to find Thomas on I2000, went there with lvl50 necromancer after closing the Chaos Gate (no background corruption). His char died many times on the way there, but due to some helpful items granting toughness bonuses, it wasn't final.

UlTiMaTe ChAoS gOd
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, December 04, 2002 at 09:12 (GMT -5)

ThEy JuSt SuMmOn AnD sUmMoN uNtIlL yOu ArE dEaD

i like it...

they are like dark sages but more powerful
dark sages are weak... weaker than me
they dont use bolts or other spells than
summoning? Am I right?

-- -- -- -- -- Hurtling Druid -- -- -- -- -- -- --

am i right?
Yes  No
Check results

Portrait
C
Registered user

Last page view:

6292 days, 8 hours, 58 minutes and 22 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, December 04, 2002 at 19:51 (GMT -5)

I've been to lvl 2160! Nothing interesting exept I found a altar and a pool down there.
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

3598 days, 11 hours, 16 minutes and 14 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, December 05, 2002 at 03:46 (GMT -5)

Yesterday I meat a black wizard. Oh man, he was a very difficult opponent gor my lv 7 gnome weaponsmith because he summoned all his family. They also summoned goblin berserkers and they bought my hp to 1 in about 5 turns. But I prayed and destroyed them( tiny bastards)

For the Horde!
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, December 05, 2002 at 07:03 (GMT -5)

Now I'm on 2222 lvl ID... Khelavester crash my next character... It was promising human preist... He have some funy trouble on begining, no altars. Battle with Rehetep was very very hard. I used everything what I have, cast darknes, zap wands, eat drink everything, run away from third level on second level to recover and return, but I win. Hammerhed in little vault in CoC, and ordinary ring in secon little vault, white altar in dwarf city. Kill sceleton, run away by dwarven hals. And bleh this Khelevester just crushed game.... I was so angry... So I back to old game and kill some monster in infinty and die several times:) Necro roolz:)

"Insect, we care not for thee. Disturb us any we will extingwish thy weak candle of life"
C*unlogged*
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, December 05, 2002 at 12:33 (GMT -5)

Cool, you're farther along than me!
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, December 06, 2002 at 08:26 (GMT -5)

Heh yesterday I conquer next 300 levs. Lots of titans and molochs. Lots of funy items and stuff. I slowly completing stuff to recover my Toughtnes... The most funy thing in this adventure is petrification. I must cast it many times than target monster file his resist role. And than petrification immunity disapears from monster describe. And the best are speciall rooms with mesage "This room seems to vibrate with life. Insects are crawling everywhere,
strange mushrooms cover the walls and moss is growing at the ceiling" only place when I can fight with monster in face to face, and safely cast burning hands:) Little thing but funy.

eL
Registered user
Long lost brother

Last page view:

7183 days, 16 hours, 6 minutes and 45 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, December 06, 2002 at 11:33 (GMT -5)

damn, i think that there are about 32*** levels there... and pools/altars - that's SIL level

It's very hard to be humble, when you are great.
Portrait
Prickle Pear
Registered user
Killer fruit

Last page view:

7197 days, 2 hours, 3 minutes and 27 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, December 06, 2002 at 12:08 (GMT -5)

Nope I found one on lvl 50, not the SIL lvl, a big bug, and I found a shop too (maybe that was in a dream)
The new and improved MTV...my ass! Where's Bevis & Butthead?
Portrait
C
Registered user

Last page view:

6292 days, 8 hours, 58 minutes and 22 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, December 06, 2002 at 18:09 (GMT -5)

HA-HA ADOM dreams, oh come on, admit it folks, don't you get them? (I do!) We have been playing *far* too much adom, we dream about wands of wishing in real life, same as nethack and OMEGA, or any addictive rogue-like. Now as for the dungeons, I deleted my char. after lvl 2164, it was too much! I did that in 7hrs! No TB so it was all a rumor. Now maybe on lvl 21600000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
but some other person will have to do that, I don't know how to type exponets, Spanish or any language I would like to type. Back to the dungeons I saw that I found corpses of monsters in previous fights, the lvls repeated!

[Edited 3 times, last edit on 12/6/2002 at 18:13 (GMT -5) by C]

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: