Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Lucky characters

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 2 pages long.
Go to page 1 2
Nolrael
Registered user
Lord of Baal Secundus

Last page view:

7566 days, 1 hour, 9 minutes and 7 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, December 04, 2002 at 06:57 (GMT -5)

What is your luckiest (?) character ever? My High Elf Wizard once found Book Shop from PC:2... That was great becouse I had done the Kranach quest and had enough money to buy most useful of them... But I think I've never found any random artifacts from dungeons (those surge of power artifacts, some I have had from crownings). Are they only found in CoC?

"I didn't come to play. I came to win."
Portrait
Gareth
Registered user
Banshee´s new husband *dead*

Last page view:

7705 days, 10 hours, 38 minutes and 53 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, December 04, 2002 at 09:16 (GMT -5)

My luckiest character was probably my human elemantalist. He also found a book shop in PC:2 and had teleport but no money, so I figured... what the hell and robbed him (was on lvl 3). Had a hard time being doomed and all but.. I made it anyway (closed the gate)

I would like to have a Murderous Eternium Two-handed sword of penetration please

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 12/4/2002 at 09:17 (GMT -5) by Gareth]
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

7733 days, 21 hours, 18 minutes and 56 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, December 04, 2002 at 11:14 (GMT -5)

Drakish necro, he found in Walndenbrok shop AoLS, when my PC got in Dwarven City first time... I just went to this shop and tadam AoLS it was quite cheap;)

"Insect, we care not for thee. Disturb us any we will extingwish thy weak candle of life"
Vulgar
Registered user
Necromantic Farmer

Last page view:

4465 days, 12 hours, 58 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, December 04, 2002 at 23:44 (GMT -5)

I once found the scorched spear on PC:3 with my Dark Elven necro. I've never even found an alter on the PC levels!

Should I eat it or make it my undead slave?
Stuart
Registered user

Last page view:

7571 days, 3 hours, 27 minutes and 52 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, December 05, 2002 at 20:51 (GMT -5)

I had a thief find ironfist on VD:1 . It got killed by a fireball trap about a minute later. Damn.
buttnugget
Registered user

Last page view:

7601 days, 10 hours, 36 minutes and 59 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, December 05, 2002 at 22:44 (GMT -5)

you've never had an altar on the pc levels? man that's bad luck all right. i've posted about my luckiest character under haggling, but again. i had a high elf priest find scimitar of devestation in the small cave (kept breaking though, but i used it until i got the AoME), pickpocketed preserver from a beserker in the infinite dungeon i think, and got precrowned with ring of immunity all in about an hour. found RoDS in dwarven graveyard for AoLS and three Rain of Sorrow (acid ball) spellbooks, i usually never find those, one if any. even though that character didn't get to get the ankh he was so loaded i didn't even stop to pick stuff up from all the dragon and undead vaults i went trhough. found several boar corpses too and had herbs growing, everything i needed really. the only problem i had with him was finding a wand of death to kill keriax with and getting another wish for emperor moloch because i had eaten so many bug corpses (got moloch armour too, blessed scrolls of defense and anything that counters the negatives it has is awesome). oh, laweninthowel had worn boots for sale for just under 6000, hehe. was worth it though, killing kranach and spending some time in the ID bought those pretty easily.

i had another elf character that was real lucky but he steadily wore 2 blessed rings of luck, blessed bracers of war and blessed ankh. no doubt about his luck.

ironfist is a pretty s****y artifact i think. makes you hungry for nothing. gauntles of strength with a few scrolls of protection and defense are much much better methinks.

[Edited 3 times, last edit on 12/5/2002 at 22:50 (GMT -5) by buttnugget]
Crusader
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, December 06, 2002 at 02:31 (GMT -5)

Ironfist isn't THAT bad, it is an invulnerable artifact, good for monks who want to punch oozes, and makes the rings you wear underneath invulnerable, too. They'll never be destroyed by traps, fire, acid, lightning, annihilators, eyes of destruction, or whatever. You can feed them to the demented ratling, or sell them for lots more money than you could gauntlets of strength. You could also sac is or sell it and sac the money for a big boost in piety. The boost in strength is +7, usually better than strength gauntlets would get you, which in turn lets you carry a lot more stuff. The stun resistance, while not that great, is handy, especially for low lever characters.

All in all, they're quite decent.
Vulgar
Registered user
Necromantic Farmer

Last page view:

4465 days, 12 hours, 58 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, December 06, 2002 at 02:42 (GMT -5)

Wow, you have a serious crush on Ironfist...

Should I eat it or make it my undead slave?
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5635 days, 15 hours, 15 minutes and 35 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, December 06, 2002 at 06:39 (GMT -5)

There aren't that many artifact gloves you know.
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
buttnugget
Registered user

Last page view:

7601 days, 10 hours, 36 minutes and 59 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, December 06, 2002 at 21:12 (GMT -5)

i usually find several gauntlets of strength +3 or +6, scrolls of protection and defense aren't that hard to come by. good idea about protecting rings though, didn't know that. of course i can't recall a time when i had a ring destoryed off of my finger. but i CAN recall several times of having my girdle of giant strength blasted. that is SO SO lame.
Illumi
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, December 07, 2002 at 01:46 (GMT -5)

My luckiest starting char with birth month Candle:
1. black altar in VD:2
2. white altar in VD:3
3. potion shop in PC:1
4. grey altar in PC:6
5. Bracer of War in PC:6 too, no one special guarding it :)
6. plus a medium crystal shield from PC:6 vault, i'm having a female human paladin of lvl 9 with PV 19 !
eL
Registered user
Long lost brother

Last page view:

7156 days, 3 hours, 34 minutes and 13 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, December 07, 2002 at 06:36 (GMT -5)

just had a REAL pisser:
A gray elven wizard born in month of Cup, had acid bolt and stun ray books initially, made Kranach and ventured to the UD... found the DEATH RAY spellbook!!! I was level 6! And then... the fuckin mimic killed me!!! BISKUP, YOU ARE AN IDIOT!!! PARALYZATION IS OVERPOWERED!!! (Sorry, you're not,i'm just REALLY pissed off!)

It's very hard to be humble, when you are great.
J.
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 at 10:55 (GMT -5)

I still think it's something to do with toughness, since my fighter chars(like now with orc ranger, very good BTW) don't have a big problem with paralyzing monsters. It doesn't seem to last longer than a few rounds.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Portrait
Archangel
Registered user
The Creator's servant

Last page view:

7328 days, 1 hour, 17 minutes and 58 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 at 17:44 (GMT -5)

I once found a spellbook of death ray from lvl 1 of the infinite dungeon. IIRC I played a necro that time...

I hereby announce that I am more than willing to kill anyone who dares to cross my way

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 12/11/2002 at 17:44 (GMT -5) by Archangel]
Portrait
Gareth
Registered user
Banshee´s new husband *dead*

Last page view:

7705 days, 10 hours, 38 minutes and 53 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 at 18:02 (GMT -5)

Hehe I love that spell..

I would like to have a Murderous Eternium Two-handed sword of penetration please
Starhawk
Registered user
Geek Ninja

Last page view:

3518 days, 1 hour, 7 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, December 14, 2002 at 02:04 (GMT -5)

Mentioned a few posts back, I had a character start out with a spellbook of Wish...

...too bad I couldn't use it, and got killed on the first dungeon level.

--
Starhawk
Stuart
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, December 14, 2002 at 07:03 (GMT -5)

My luckiest char ever if my current one, a lvl 38 human wizard. I think it will be my first winner. I found an eternium halberd of peretration in darkorge and Two sets of eternuim plate mail & blue dragon scale in the rift. The halberd is a very nice weapon, even if most on the time I just use the sword of nomack and an eternium tower shield.
J.
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, December 14, 2002 at 10:35 (GMT -5)

Wow, I'd like to find a halberd like that too:/

eL
Registered user
Long lost brother

Last page view:

7156 days, 3 hours, 34 minutes and 13 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, December 14, 2002 at 11:20 (GMT -5)

I started out with Death Ray once... and in Darkforge last time i found only real crap :(

It's very hard to be humble, when you are great.
Stuart
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, December 16, 2002 at 07:07 (GMT -5)

He has made it to the mana temple. My first char ever to get past the ToEF. I found a greater undead vault but the lichs kept fillig it with summoned stuff faster than I could clear it. Does anyone have a sugestion for dealing with these things?
J.
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, December 16, 2002 at 10:33 (GMT -5)

Not really, they are very powerful. High Wi and ball spells help with the summoned things. You could try ammo of undead slaying(as always).

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 12/16/2002 at 13:53 (GMT -5) by J.]
Orc Man
Registered user
Threadamancer

Last page view:

7669 days, 5 hours, 52 minutes and 56 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, December 16, 2002 at 13:30 (GMT -5)

My character Fonzy the orcish smith has got permenant invisiblity,see ivnvis,control teleport,3 wishes so far from pools in UD. the cursing and dooming also keep removing them selves too.

"The greatest obstacle obstructing the advancement of the human race, is the human race."
Portrait
C
Registered user

Last page view:

6264 days, 20 hours, 25 minutes and 50 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, December 21, 2002 at 14:42 (GMT -5)

Pros:A bookshop would be nice. SO far this char. is very lucky they've found 5 pools, 2 books of acid ball, defeted the Keethrax Wyrm thing on lvl. 27 as well as compleating the crone's quest. Found 1 blessed ring of djinni (still not used) mana (highest ever) at 99! The only problem is how much food they need. Got saw invisible at lvl 2. Highest frost bolt +50
1st kill a ratling archer
And I found 6 scrolls of CR in the Bug place!!! WOW! 4 orbs so far
Cons: they are hungry every 2 seconds
they are starting to quickly get corrupted
they have 15 scars and 10 corruptions
Other: Char. is a female lvl. 34 grey elf elementalist was born on Salamander 7

----------Do not enter the thoughts of molochs for they are stupid and good with pepper

[Edited 5 times, last edit on 12/21/2002 at 14:49 (GMT -5) by C]
EnjoyTheSauce
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, December 22, 2002 at 19:23 (GMT -5)

My luckiest character so far is one I'm still using. It's a level 8 (very lucky, my maximum level is 8 or 9, I rarely go beyond 4 or 5)dark elven elementalist. I found a neutral altar on level 1 of the puppy cave, and in lower levels, I found mithril ring mail (can somebody plz explain what (-1, +0) [-1 +5] means?), an adamantium scimitar (1d8+6), and a mithril tower shield [+11, +2].
Portrait
Ryan Klein
Registered user
Because I said so is why!

Last page view:

1626 days, 10 hours, 10 minutes and 18 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, December 22, 2002 at 19:50 (GMT -5)

(x,x) is for melee attacks and [x,x] is for defense
EnjoyTheSauce
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, December 22, 2002 at 21:21 (GMT -5)

Is the first number a to-hit/block modifier? Is the second a damage/defense modifier? Thanks for helping a newb who probably should know all this already.
Portrait
Ryan Klein
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, December 22, 2002 at 21:31 (GMT -5)

(hit,damage) [dv,pv]

Hope that helps

I was a newbie too. Now I'm a "not so newbie"

2 years off and on and I've never gotten to level 20
Portrait
C
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2002 at 12:30 (GMT -5)

Now I found my *first* wand of wishing with 5 CHARGES! Is that lucky or what?!? I have been playing adom for almost 3 years my 3rd yr. anniversary will be newyears' day at 12:40.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 12/23/2002 at 12:32 (GMT -5) by C]
Portrait
Ryan Klein
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2002 at 12:35 (GMT -5)

I got one with 4 charges. I was using my 486 while this computer was in the shop. I ended up having a score of about 300,000

I'm trying to get that lucky again.

BTW, is a wand of wishing always a "glowing wand"?
Portrait
C
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2002 at 12:37 (GMT -5)

Probably this is the first one I've ever seen they still have 6 wishes (the ring is still there)

Go to page 1 2

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: