Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Cooking Voodoo-ism?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Dekar
Registered user

Last page view:

7794 days, 6 hours, 28 minutes and 26 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, December 05, 2002 at 16:25 (GMT -5)

I was playing with my hurtling archer, and I decided to cook a tarantula corpse. Of course, since there was a summoner somewhere, more spiders arrived. I was surprised to see that there was giant spiders and only one tarantula. However, that single tarantula was receiving damage for some reason. It's as if I was cooking it. All of a sudden, it became afraid, after saying "cringes in pain" several times. When I finished and killed all of them, before killing the tarantula I realized it was critically injured, even though I hadn't attacked it yet.

So, my question is, has anyone else ever noticed that you could kind of "voodoo" monsters with cooking? =)

Have a nice day, Later!
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5657 days, 8 hours, 41 minutes and 18 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, December 05, 2002 at 16:41 (GMT -5)

Haven't seen that but one curious thing I noticed is that you can cook in the dark. IMO you should be able to see something to be able to use the cooking equipment.
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
buttnugget
Registered user

Last page view:

7623 days, 4 hours, 2 minutes and 42 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, December 05, 2002 at 22:33 (GMT -5)

unless the adom cooking set is flame free i'm sure it provides a little light.
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5657 days, 8 hours, 41 minutes and 18 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, December 06, 2002 at 06:35 (GMT -5)

Now tell me why didn't I think of it that way.
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

7755 days, 14 hours, 44 minutes and 39 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, December 06, 2002 at 07:41 (GMT -5)

Dekar I think it was probably somethink like that. This tarantul was normal non summoned monster who was nonhostile at you. It just walking in dungeon and make webhive. Evil summoner summoned lots of spiders and this tarantule just fight with this hostile spiders to save his live. Tarantula got lot of demage got posion and he was scared.

"Insect, we care not for thee. Disturb us any we will extingwish thy weak candle of life"
Dekar
Registered user

Last page view:

7794 days, 6 hours, 28 minutes and 26 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, December 06, 2002 at 17:56 (GMT -5)

Well, I thought about that too, but the tarantula stopped receiving damage when I finished cooking the tarantula corpse. So, either it's a big coincidence, either there's something there. (I doubt it's the second anyway.. but I'll still try it someday :) )

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: