Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Stories / ADOM role-play....three?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Jillian
Registered user
the High Elven Barbarian

Last page view:

7684 days, 20 hours, 20 minutes and 43 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, December 25, 2002 at 18:24 (GMT -5)

OOC: Whatever. I just started this one. This is going to somewhat follow the normal ADOM-game storyline, blocking Chaos and all.

IC: A woman in white short-sleeved shirts was taking a rest from her just-started journey to the infamous Cavern of Chaos. Jillian, the High Elven Barbarian, sat beside the narrow path. She was short and pudgy, especially by elven standard. She was only 5'2" tall, and was not necessarily slender. She was munching on a fried fish that she caught and cooked. When she was born, something took her apart from the High Elven society. She roamed the plains freely, and she grew up and acquainted with Orcish and Trollish barbarians. They kindly taught her necessary skills for surviving in the wilderness, from setting up camps to catching lizards and collecting non-poisonous mushrooms.

She had very carefree personality. She never worried about anything. So she decided to rest some more and enjoy the day, even though she had a long way to go. She rearranged her shoulder length auburn hair, but then the breeze ruined it. So she just decided to lie down and catch a nap. She lied down beside her small luggage and her well-used two-handed sword.

She intended to take a short nap; but soon she was sound asleep. She slept, until....

OOC: Until someone woke me up! hehe. Hope this one works out. Feel free to join in!
EnjoyTheSauce
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, December 27, 2002 at 21:49 (GMT -5)

a soft clink wakes her up. Jillian immediately lept up, groping for her sword, only to find it missing. She hears a frightened shriek, and immediately whirls around to find it source. She sees her sword lying on the floor, next to a small warhammer, and a curled-up humanoid, obviously very small. Next to him lies a huge bag, inside of which Jillian can see an anvil. She walks forward, grasps her sword, and prods the ball with it. "Please don't hurt me, I was just looking at the sword to learn more I wasn't going to do anything to you or take the sword or anything please don't hurt me!" it immediately releases. Jillian states "I'm not going to do anything. What do you want?"

The ball unfolds, turning out to be a hurthling, fat even considering the normal hurthling's build. "Thank you so very much! I'm just a novice smith, I was looking at yor sword to see if I could learn anything about it, it's a very good weapon, I can tell that. My name's Pippin, what's yours?"
Jillian
Registered user
the High Elven Barbarian

Last page view:

7684 days, 20 hours, 20 minutes and 43 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, December 28, 2002 at 02:07 (GMT -5)

OCC: Yay! It started! well I dearly hope this could actually last long and go somewhere. Well, I would like to cut Terinyo and go through SMC and HMV to CoC, but I will do what my party members tell me to do.

IC: Jillian looked curiously at the hurthling. She had seen beings of many different species, but this was the first time she had ever seen a hurthling. She responded with such curiosity.

"Pippin? that's a cute name! My name is Jillian, but you can just call me Jill."

She left the sword lying on the ground, and provided her right hand for Pippin. Pippin? What a strange name...She had never heard any name that is other than names like Bonk, Clump, or Bluntz. Pippin... It kinda sounded fuzzy.

Pippin grabbed her hand and stood up. Now, even though Jill was kinda short and pudgy, Pippin only came around her waist. And he was kinda chubby too. Jill gazed at him with great curiosity. Pippin noticed this, and gave her an uneasy smile. But Jill smiled brightly.

There was an awkward silence. Jill did not like it, so she started speaking.

"Well, if you like to look at my sword, you can take time. It's not like I'm hurring to get somewhere or anything. Besides, maybe..."

She smiled, and then continued talking;

"...maybe we could be friends!"
Möwe
Registered user

Last page view:

6581 days, 4 hours, 39 minutes and 48 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, February 12, 2003 at 03:28 (GMT -5)

After some time of friendly talk, Jillian and Pippin suddenly both looked up. Steps from the road were coming closer.

"Greetings to you, travellers. I come in peace."
The approaching human woman heavily leaned on her stave. She was clothed in leather and carried a bow on her back. The expression of total exhaustion startled Jillian.
"May I rest here for some minutes?", the woman asked. She awkwardly lowered herself to the ground. Jillian noticed some dried blood on her left leg.

After she had drunk deeply from her waterskin she began to talk again:
"I am searching for a band of orcs. Did you see any trace of them during your travels? I lost their track on the rocky terrain. They were heading westward and are about two days ahead."
She added:
"Oh, please forgive my impoliteness... My name is Norka. ... These orcs attacked me and my brother three days ago. I was wounded and fell unconcious. They probably thought me dead. When I awoke they were gone and had taken my brother with them. I followed as fast as I could but now I fear that I lost them. ...
Did you come from the west? Maybe you noticed something."

Desparate she looked to Pippin and Jillian.
Klavert
Registered user
The Hurthling

Last page view:

6491 days, 18 hours, 44 minutes and 3 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, April 06, 2003 at 10:03 (GMT -5)

Jillian and Pippin looked at eachother, not sure yet what to do.
Lucky for them they got some more time to make a decission because a male elf came walking by, from the west.

Norka couldn't help to run away from Pippin and Jillian while they were stumbling and trying to get an answer to the question; she ran towards the elf.
"Hey, have you seen some orcs about a day ago?"
"huh?" answered the elf.
"You know, those creatures of 5-6 feet high, fast spreading, liking to plunder.."
"I know what orcs are, but don't you know that when you walk a day to the west you go into orc territory? Noone would go there alone even with the help of the holy Corellius."
"Where do you come from then?"
"just a bit to the northwest of here, I was trying to help some people that live near those orcs, give them the feeling they are not alone in here, by the way, do you happen to have something to drink for me? Ooh, yes, let's not forget, my name's Klavert, what's yours?"

Klavert
-I want ye to slay a rat to prove your valor- Thrundarr
That really happened to me :D
Portrait
Armada
Registered user

Last page view:

1198 days, 10 hours, 43 minutes and 14 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, February 16, 2004 at 17:55 (GMT -5)

Slith's atuned senses had smelled the offensive odor of the Warm-Bloods for some time now, and it was starting to overwhelm his meditations.

It was for this reason that his Teleport spell misfired, and landed him on top of the High Elven Barbarian. He quickly got up and backed away from the group, apoligizing with his hissing accent.

"Not many Travelers come here. I have only seen one other come past the entrance in a long time. Khelevaster he said his name was, and he told me of the Incursions of Chaos. Is that what your party hunts here?"

Slith says before the others get a chance to speak at his startling arival, not offering his name yet.

Möwe
Registered user

Last page view:

6581 days, 4 hours, 39 minutes and 48 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, April 28, 2004 at 10:25 (GMT -5)

Norka grabbed her staff more determined even though she was obviously hardly able to stand.
"Chaos you say?" She seemed to want to continue, but then lowered her gaze to the ground.

She looked up again and around in the circle of the strange figures gathered here.
"Ha... We are no party. I just arrived here some moments ago." She leaned heavily on her staff, her leg giving in under her. "I'm searching for my brother, who was taken captive by a band of orcs. But ... I lost their trace and ... I fear he may already be dead."
The smell of sweat and blood and exhaustion coming from her was strong in Sliths nostrils.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 4/28/2004 at 10:26 (GMT -5) by Möwe]
Portrait
Derek B Rackham Esq.
Registered user
Swordsman of Forcena

Last page view:

6934 days, 8 hours, 38 minutes and 47 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, July 11, 2004 at 20:59 (GMT -5)

Fascinated, Grel continued to watch the unfolding events from the shadows. "Could that possibly be a Drakeling?" he thought, understanding such a chance to be an assessment of his trade; that a drakeling could not detect him was of great reassurance. The mention of chaos snatched his interest, and Grel began to see opportuninties where he had at first seen inconveniences. If the group were to band together a few allies would certainly not go astray, and it would also be handy to be able to keep intimate tabs on a group of travellers should they become lucrative targets. Grel decided to observe things for a bit longer rather than exposing himself now when a more opportune moment may present itself. The human woman, Jillian if Grel remebered correctly, spoke up. "Look, we are weary travellers, and Norka is quite obviously in need of rest and medical aid. Why don't we travel down to Terinyo together? Alone we would each be easily overwhelmed if we were to meet a band of raiders or goblins, but if we travel in a party we should be able to look out for each other. What say you all?" The orc moved on. If the group made it to Terinyo, he would give the situation further consideration. But for now he would travel alone.
Tell me how to get stronger....

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: