Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / My best character

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5654 days, 7 hours, 28 minutes and 47 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, January 02, 2003 at 04:58 (GMT -5)

Red river? I think it's a red lake. Now if a platinum ring is what I think it is(the ring from the red lake) then somebody sometime wants to see it before letting you go down the CoC.

I'm guessing you've done the forge because of your many instrincts.

You could try ToEF but might want to get a few levels before it. You need lvl 5 fire resistance to not take damage from background heat on the top level. That equals to lvl 3 fire resistance(from a dragon or drake or sth) and 2 items that give fire resistance(I'm not sure if one blessed item is enough but I think it is). RoI isn't necessary but it's nice. You should have confusion resistance and wear Orb of Water in tool slot for willpower. You have cloak of invisibility which is nice because only chaos servants and the AKW see invisible. Don't try taking on the demons because they will corrupt you very much because of your low DV. For the AKW you should shoot him with all your dragon slaying ammo(blessed of course) and hope he dies from that because he'll blast you easily(low DV and no alertness). If he gets close throw him with !oBlindness or !oConfusion and hope they work on AKW 'cause I can't remember:)
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."

[Edited 2 times, last edit on 1/2/2003 at 05:01 (GMT -5) by J.]
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5755 days, 18 hours, 9 minutes and 47 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, January 02, 2003 at 06:44 (GMT -5)

Ryan, do you have the Water Orb equipped? If not, then equip it, and you'll be headstrong anough to climb down the Rift.

You could train your Wi, Dx and To up a bit more with herbs (do you want to know more?).

Why don't you have the Healing skill? I believe it's very hard to survive without it. By the way, what class and race are you?
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3107 days, 8 hours, 3 minutes and 39 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, January 02, 2003 at 10:52 (GMT -5)

He said that in the end of the .flg - Human Fighter.
The platinium ring, or Ring of the Hight Kings grants resistance to all elemental attacks (shock, fire, cold and acid resistance) and [+2,+3] IIRC. If you have it, the eternal guardian (one tough guy, who makes a fully healed copy of himself if he moves) will allow you to pass.

A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
J.
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, January 02, 2003 at 14:05 (GMT -5)

Ekaterin: human fighters such as his don't have herbalism. Now I know you CAN use herbs without herbalism it just is a teeny weeny bit more tedious.

But come to think of it, RK, did you forget to ask jharod for healing? I frequently do that and have to go down to him again:) Or did you do the druid quest?

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Portrait
Guinea
Registered user
tWo-HeAdEd cHaOs WeAsEl

Last page view:

6959 days, 6 hours, 12 minutes and 45 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, January 02, 2003 at 14:08 (GMT -5)

Ryan: one hint - bless your GoCarrying :).

J.
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, January 02, 2003 at 14:17 (GMT -5)

And the rings of luck, at least I hope they work better when blessed :/ Wouldn't hurt if you can afford it(do take them off to stack them in your inv so it only takes one bottle 'o holy).

And I think that getting rune-covered trident has something to do with the exp you earn... So when you've gotten enough experience you get it.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 1/2/2003 at 14:18 (GMT -5) by J.]
eL
Registered user
Long lost brother

Last page view:

7174 days, 19 hours, 47 minutes and 25 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, January 05, 2003 at 08:42 (GMT -5)

OUCH! bad luck man... i just got RODS in UD (HARHARHAR!!)

It's very hard to be humble, when you are great.
Portrait
Prickle Pear
Registered user
Killer fruit

Last page view:

7188 days, 5 hours, 44 minutes and 7 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, January 08, 2003 at 20:38 (GMT -5)

You're lucky you have a new computer. I still have an old clunker 233!

The new and improved MTV...my ass! Where's Bevis & Butthead?
Portrait
Ryan Klein
Registered user
Because I said so is why!

Last page view:

1645 days, 2 hours, 23 minutes and 30 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, January 10, 2003 at 06:17 (GMT -5)

I accidentally deleted ADOM.

I'm going to try a new type of character. We'll see what I've got in a few hours

Portrait
C
Registered user

Last page view:

6283 days, 12 hours, 39 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, January 10, 2003 at 12:53 (GMT -5)

I ALWAYS do that, I have to zip up adom every day I play so we still have room on my old clunker 133, that's why I always lose my files.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: