Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Orcish Assassins

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5758 days, 13 hours, 1 minute and 39 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, January 06, 2003 at 05:57 (GMT -5)

Does anyone have any advice on playing Orcish Assassins? I'm trying to make one into an ordinary Chaos God - I'm trying to win ADOM in every possible way and with every race and class, and winning with an Orcish Assassin would take care of the evil races and classes.

What talent would you start with? I've been choosing Long-Lived, because I've been having trouble with unnatural aging, but how exactly does it work? I suspect that if a typical orc lives 50 years, an orc with the Long-Lived talent lives 65 years, but that just gives him 15 more years of being very old. Maybe the Alert -> Miser -> Treasure Hunter sequence is better - it helps make up for the low Mana and the difficulty in earning money from dwarven shopkeepers.

What's the best way to obtain the Concentration skill (I don't fancy reading spellbooks without it)? Does it help to save scrolls and potions of education until you have all the guaranteed skills you are going to get?
Orc Man
Registered user
Threadamancer

Last page view:

7690 days, 16 hours and 58 minutes ago.
Posted on Monday, January 06, 2003 at 09:54 (GMT -5)

Well Orc assassins.. I tend to play them as melee characters for early and most of mid game and play them as archers against anything that shoulden't be melee'd. So you should probley go as a half archer through most of the game and it shouldn't be to difficult for most it, though I never beat the game with that orc. Made it to 45D though.

And concentration skill? Well yay you should save all thoughs till you got those skills, but methinks that would take quite some time which by then you should be a good meleer that isn't bad with thrown daggers or something else.

Though remember I've never beat the game so feel free to ignore me.

"The greatest obstacle obstructing the advancement of the human race, is the human race."

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: