Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Ordinary Chaos God help

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5756 days, 12 hours, 43 minutes and 35 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, January 19, 2003 at 12:58 (GMT -5)

I wonder if anyone can give me any advice on turning an Orcish Assassin into an Ordinary Chaos God.

First, is there anything special I need to know about MaLaiKai? I have never seen him before, and the Guidebook says he's very difficult, so I'm leaving him until I've retrieved all the Orbs.

Secondly, how do you kill Andor Drakon without the Trident? Will my typical brute-force strategy of drinking all my boosting potions, wishing for speed, and laying into him in a berserk rage work?

Is it actually necessary to be wielding the Sceptre when he dies? The Guidebook says it is, some posts on these forums have said it isn't.
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3746 days, 15 hours, 52 minutes and 25 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, January 20, 2003 at 06:11 (GMT -5)

Yes... I think you have to wield the sceptre, or he turns you into a chaos minion or something.

I haven't won fairly but I've faced Andy before on scummed/cheated games. If I were you I'd try to kill Andor Drakon with (at least mostly) ranged attacks (missiles, not spells). That means training early, because he heals quickly. He drains stats like anything, and he's supposed to be even tougher in the latest version, so you don't want to be too close to him. Having your strength taken down to 14 isn't exactly going to help you. Don't be afraid to use a spell on the chaos plane if you really need it; teleport is especially useful.

other than that... boy, I wish I were good enough to beat him fairly :)

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5756 days, 12 hours, 43 minutes and 35 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, January 20, 2003 at 08:07 (GMT -5)

I've only faced him once in 1.1.1, but so far my experience has been that if you have insanely boosted stats and speed, even Andor Drakon can't hurt you much. Remember, your character doesn't need to be functional afterwards :-)

However, that was with the Trident, which is much better than the Sceptre, and which I suspect even slays him (is he a demon?) The Sceptre curses and dooms you, and I'm afraid that will make it much harder to kill Andor. When you faced him, was it with the Trident or the Sceptre?
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3746 days, 15 hours, 52 minutes and 25 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, January 20, 2003 at 17:44 (GMT -5)

Trident... sorry. :P

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
C
Registered user

Last page view:

6284 days, 7 hours, 12 minutes and 50 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, January 22, 2003 at 12:26 (GMT -5)

I always use spells, yeah it makes him faster... I always try to find the wishing wands\rings for speed make it about 2000 and see andor fly away!

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: