Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / question

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Chezni
Registered user

Last page view:

7665 days, 5 hours, 16 minutes and 4 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, January 21, 2003 at 17:17 (GMT -5)

Hi.

Typically, I buy food from the food store in tyrino (can't remember how to spell it, you know, the first town). I buy all the food, but it comes back. I keep doing this 'till I'm strong enough to get to the place where you buy lizards and bats.

With my current guy, however, the food store won't replenish. I bought everything in the whole store, it is completly empty. I bought the cursed food, etc. Totally empty. I am starving here! I pray, and it feeds me, but my god is getting pissed, I can't keep praying forever. I am a dwarf, I sacrificed all my gold, but my god is still pissed. I am probably dead, but, I really want someone to tell me, why won't the store replenish?

It was empty, I went in a dungeon and fought 2 levels. Went back, still completly empty. Did it again, still empty. Ok, now I am out of options. Why won't anyone deliver more food?

--Chezni
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3748 days, 19 hours, 42 minutes and 24 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, January 21, 2003 at 20:53 (GMT -5)

You need to go to the Infinite Dungeon. Find the first stair down, go down, then go up again. The levels change (with new items, including the food you need) every time you use the stairs. Stay near the stairs on levels 1-2 until you have enough food. Then do levels 1 to 9--kill monsters, collect and sell items--until you're experienced enough to go to the CoC. It shouldn't take THAT long...

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3748 days, 19 hours, 42 minutes and 24 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, January 21, 2003 at 20:54 (GMT -5)

Oh yes--in a tight spot you can always pray. Your god will feed you if you haven't used up all your piety (worth about two prayers in the beginning of the game).

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Guinea
Registered user
tWo-HeAdEd cHaOs WeAsEl

Last page view:

6962 days, 4 hours, 36 minutes and 32 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, January 23, 2003 at 06:08 (GMT -5)

Try playing monk - those guys hardly ever starve. Especially those of smaller races (ex. hurthlings - but they tend to die another way :))

eL
Registered user
Long lost brother

Last page view:

7177 days, 18 hours, 11 minutes and 12 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, January 23, 2003 at 06:16 (GMT -5)

lol

It's very hard to be humble, when you are great.
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5657 days, 5 hours, 52 minutes and 34 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, January 23, 2003 at 10:10 (GMT -5)

Starving is good and I think I won't play monks anymore because of the fact they eat so little(well maybe trolls). My newest char gnomish bard(4 talents, got heir+alert and went for treasure hunter, this guy rocks!) went to get the RotHK and on the first cavernous level got a 'room' full of stone giants. With food pres 100 I got 8 corpses which gave me 7 str increases(with pick pocketing I've got plenty of water so I blessed all of them just in case)! Also got two hill giant corpses for a total increase of 9! With +3str from Executor(precrowning) my little gnome has str of 31!>) Just wait untill you're starving and your strength goes down, and it can go down more than half of your strength, from 26 I could lower it by starving down to 10 I think, and you've got a bigger chance of getting the strength increase. I read that tip from rgra and it's really great. If you really want to push it eat a demon daisy for sickness and increased penalty in strength:)

I think I've advertised this before but if you haven't tried the trick go for it!
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: