Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Stories / OOC: ADOM Role-Play 2

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 3 pages long.
Go to page 1 2 3
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5660 days, 22 hours, 17 minutes and 28 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 14, 2003 at 16:34 (GMT -5)

Same as the other OOC threads, but for ADOM Role-Play 2.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, February 14, 2003 at 16:49 (GMT -5)

I just realized: we've reached the char. cap i set when we started this RP. i said no more than 6 characters, and we now have 6 characters:
Meridon, the Half-Elven Druid (currently held by lizardmen in a cave somewhere)
Fire, the Orcish Alchemist (held captive with Meridon)
Konan, the Human Barbarian (somewhere in the woods near the Great River, searching for Meridon and Fire)
Iridia, the Dwarven Miner (searching for Meridon and Fire with Konan)
Vexander, the Human Necromancer (helping Konan and Iridia search for their friends)
???, the ??? Elven Archer (following the party, unknown.)

I would also say we're probaly getting close to lv. 12 or so... anybody want to look up our current class abilities (and the ones we'll have soon)?

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

3753 days, 18 hours, 57 minutes and 44 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, February 15, 2003 at 06:51 (GMT -5)

Archer: 800 energy points for missile attack; missile range doubled.

Druid: able to avoid wilderness encounters; regenerates HP twice as fast while in the wilderness.

Barbarian: Mighty Blow, movement costs only 750 energy points.

Necromancer: Resists special attacks from undead; turn undead.

I don't know the ones for Miner and Alchemist...

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, February 15, 2003 at 20:30 (GMT -5)

according to what i made up for each: Alchemest at lv 6 is better w/ alchemy, and can cancel failed mixes before a boom, and at lv 12 they get 3 random recipies. miners at 6 dig at double speed, at 12 break their pickaxes 1/2 as often.

suppose we should give the elven archer a name? and a type of elf?

ivan.sourceforge.net
Botched
Registered user

Last page view:

7644 days, 3 hours, 4 minutes and 48 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, February 15, 2003 at 21:29 (GMT -5)

which one is your guys latest story? i want to read it.
Portrait
Vennom
Registered user
Champion of the Undead

Last page view:

7713 days, 22 hours, 20 minutes and 7 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, February 16, 2003 at 04:59 (GMT -5)

Also, I believe that the strongest undead necros can create at this point include ghuls, and possibly include shadows. I won't include any shadows for the moment, anyway. >:-)

"The dead aren't so bad, once you get to know them."
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, February 16, 2003 at 18:06 (GMT -5)

Botched--
The only one we've finished so far is the Goblin Tale.

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, March 04, 2003 at 21:37 (GMT -5)

hmm. we have a serious logic error.
i noticed it as i was looking at a map of the Drakalor Chain (as it is in the origional game), intending to place an @ mark in the general location of the party on my copy on my website (http://www.geocities.com/armadon3/wlder2.html if you want to see the map(s)). i was having difficulty locating our... location, because i had been under the impression that the forest ran along the river with swamp on the other side... but it doesn't. So, we're either going to need to alter the map somewhat or else make some changes in the story.
i've located the source of the problem as well, and it's completely my fault. about 1/2 way through the second page (as the party reaches and attempts to cross the river) is the problem; i repeatedly make referances to the forest around them, except that forest does not exist...

suggestions for a solution? or does anyone else even know what i'm talking abotu?

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, March 05, 2003 at 01:57 (GMT -5)

Ugh, you're right! Let's just take a little poetic license (even though we're not writing poetry) and change the terrain as necessary. Getting rid of all mentions of trees would be tedious, annoying, and not really necessary to the continuity of the story anyway...

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Vennom
Registered user
Champion of the Undead

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, March 05, 2003 at 02:55 (GMT -5)

Agreed. ~chuckle~ There's too much going on in the middle of the forest to change it now.

Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, March 06, 2003 at 00:38 (GMT -5)

So unless I misinterpreted, we just cleaned out a nice "vault"-equivelent of lizardmen and now we just have to get out -- and across the river.

so here's where i'm going somewhat with my post -
konan and Iridia are out for the time being, leaving the three mage-types to deal with Javas and the mysterious critter. This i did intentionally: the fighters have been doing a lot of the killing, and Meridon and Fire were out of the action for a bit. don't try to revive K or I for a bit. Somewhere nearby should be a stash of Lizardman gear, including a) K's sword, and b) anthing F or M might have been carring of value. Possibly even a nice spellbook for M... wait... hey vennom? there is a plot hole due to you. Minor, but a plot hole none the less, and one that can be easily fixed. In your first post, vexander fights a shaman that has lightning bolt, and gets a leatherbound tome as a result. however, ironbound tomes are lightning bolt, as established by me early in the story. Perhaps that book could have been magic missile instead? were this so, there could be a nice spellbook swaparound done, as somewhere in that potential gear-heap is M's own ironbound tome. You ought to still have a tome of Ice bolt, thus we could have a trade go about, granting M Ice bolt and magic missile, and lghtning bolt and magic missile for V (which would be nice, considering M's lack of spells.)

Mostly ideas, but also, this is soemthing i would like. The critter in the cave is a very, very large Chaos turtle, who is none to happy at all.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, March 06, 2003 at 22:03 (GMT -5)

Can I get some more info about Javas, Duke? Is he primarily a mage, or a fighter? what powers exactly does he have? Was that a wand of destruction he used, or just a wand of digging? Makes a big difference... wands of destruction are quite high-level and would mean Javas is quite powerful. At any rate, to avoid further plot holes, a bit of information would be nice :)

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Vennom
Registered user
Champion of the Undead

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, March 06, 2003 at 22:10 (GMT -5)

Aahhhh. I hadn't intended the book I found of the shaman to be a book of lightning bolt. In the actual game, almost every kobold shaman I run into fires off those small arcs of blue electricity. I was under the impression that those blue arcs were more of an intristic ability to kobold shamans (as they are the only critters I've ever seen that use them), and not a learned spell from a book. I hadn't really decided what that leather-bound tome was, yet. However, your idea sounds fine too (more spells for everyone!>:-D), so I'll go and modify the post.

Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, March 06, 2003 at 23:27 (GMT -5)

Lizardman shamans are different from kobold shamans: they're smarter. i hadn't realized you'd intended for the book to be like that, but whatever. More spells are nice.

As for your request, iridia: Javas used something like a wand of destruction, only more remote (like an improved fireball). He's a drakeling paladin (i've decided), and very high level (e.g. around level 35+). he also (if you haven't geussed) plays an important part in Meridon's past, which i will reveal later. After this little jaunt I intend for him to "vanish" from the scene for a time; i'll bring him back at a later time. As for his powers, those any paladin would have at his level, in addition to some nice ones granted to him by the Powers that Be (more info on those later.) he's very chaotic by the way. About as chaotic as you can get, pretty much, and quite evil on top of that.

[edit]and one more thing iridia, Meridon knows very little of what went on in the river, as he and fire were unconsious for most of it. (he recalls the turtle that attacked iridia in your post.)[/edit]

ivan.sourceforge.net

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/6/2003 at 23:38 (GMT -5) by Duke Ravage]
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, March 07, 2003 at 02:40 (GMT -5)

Silly me. I'll take that part out.

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Vennom
Registered user
Champion of the Undead

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, March 07, 2003 at 03:06 (GMT -5)

~shakes head~ Kobold shaman..? I need more sleep. >:-)

Botched
Registered user

Last page view:

7644 days, 3 hours, 4 minutes and 48 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, March 07, 2003 at 09:50 (GMT -5)

i just have 1 question for you guys and that is where do you get the rules for the classes you guys have like miner or alchemist and is there an artificer there? an artificer is what i seem to be playing and i would like to know there skills. -Botched
duke ravage
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, March 07, 2003 at 10:55 (GMT -5)

the miner and alchemest clases are being run off of some stuff i made up a while ago, actually. i never made up an artificer.
duke ravage
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, March 19, 2003 at 11:02 (GMT -5)

I have an idea, (and it looks like Iridia already ran with it a little bit. *g* psychic.) and here it is.

the turtle has a big resistance to bolts (as evidenced by the bouncing ice bolt and magic missile) but ball spells and potions could still work... (*coughspellbookcough*)
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, April 04, 2003 at 19:55 (GMT -5)

hmm, i didn't realize Fire could mix up exploding and acidic potions already...

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, April 04, 2003 at 23:03 (GMT -5)

Fire used an acidic potion on the goblins in the first cave, as well as one that had the effect of stunning them temporarily. The exploding potion is new, but it's not too much more powerful than acid. Since Fire has gained experience since then, I'd say it isn't too out of place.

Uhm... by the way... it's been rather a long time since the story was updated? hint, hint...

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, April 05, 2003 at 18:18 (GMT -5)

Yeah, i know. i was about to write a bit, but my teacher found me and got mad so i didn't get to post it. I'll post something tomorrow evening.

Also, I'd understood that the potions he used at the beginning had been potions he started with, and not potions he knew how to make. According to my own imagination's invention of the Alchemist, knowledge of how to mix the acidic and exploding potion didn't come until the alchemist was pretty advanced.

ivan.sourceforge.net

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 4/5/2003 at 18:28 (GMT -5) by Duke Ravage]
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, April 05, 2003 at 19:54 (GMT -5)

You have a point there... I guess my imagination didn't match yours on that point. Perhaps, when an alchemist learns a recipe, the potions aren't very potent; and as he gains experience, the effectiveness of the recipes he already knows increases..? After all, there are still the really useful potions... the ones that give stat boosts or maybe even permanent increases, act as a teleport spell, petrify, paralyze, maybe a supercharged poison... for higher level alchemists. A level 1 alchemist could mix an exploding potion and kill a goblin or two with it.. a level 50 alchemist's exploding potion might kill an ancient dragon. Anyway, that's the way I see it. It would still be pretty much balanced, because alchemists depend quite heavily on the availability of supplies. Said petrification potion may require a gorgon corpse, and there are not very many of those to be had!

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, April 06, 2003 at 03:25 (GMT -5)

Hmm. Good idea, actually...
But in any case, there still should be level restrictions on when you can mix your own version of potion X (e.g. you can't mix "grenades" until level 10, and you can't mix acidic ones until 25, and a petrifying potion you have to be level 40 or something).
But in any case, I think we should remove the acidic potion. Perhaps Fire could be scrambling for the ingrediants for another exploding potion. (Hmm. I wonder what those ingrediants would be...)

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, April 07, 2003 at 02:43 (GMT -5)

Okay. The acidic potion is gone, and Fire now has two stunning potions left.

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, April 07, 2003 at 22:15 (GMT -5)

Thx.
Alright, I added something. The turtle should be in a bad way by now; I'm thinking he'd be about ready to retreat back into that tunnel, where there might be another confrontation resulting in it's death. It could maybe even cover it's flight with a breath of something bad (acid?).

Here's an idea... It spews some acid at us, which we dodge mostly, and retreats, intending to flee entirely, but Javas stops it, makes it fight us to the death, and watches as we slay it. Then when we go to take out Javas as well, he vanishes (spell?).
In any case, I think it's time to revive Konan or Iridia (not both yet). They might make some nice crunchies for the turtle (j/k *g*)

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, April 11, 2003 at 22:17 (GMT -5)

Uhm... I kind of didn't read your last post, Duke, or I would've used some of those ideas. Sorry. I hope it's at least as good, anyway.

Konan will need that gold to get rid of Cursed (maybe even Doomed?) status. Once we find an altar, crowning could be feasible for one or more of our characters.

Okay... so the next order of business. We should, of course, get everyone weapons again, and have Vexander and Meridon exchange spells. The conflict between Iridia (our only Lawful, though Meridon is probably at least NL thanks to all those healing spells) and Vexander is probably imminent, as is Konan's trouble with the spear wound in his leg, the one Meridon couldn't quite heal (either poisoned or causing sickness, whichever is most convenient). Meridon should probably reveal some of the history between him and Javas, perhaps while the group is recovering from their wounds. Konan will probably want to retrieve his sword from the riverbank. I'm also not against someone getting a fairly good item from a dead lizardman.

Die Gedanken sind Frei

[Edited 3 times, last edit on 4/11/2003 at 22:20 (GMT -5) by Iridia]
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, April 12, 2003 at 00:38 (GMT -5)

Ah, it's fine. Your post works perfectly.
I'll post something Sunday. and for future referance, maybe we should read OOC commentary before posting...
of course, there's no major incentive to use my (or anyones) ideas. the story belongs to the person posting. they can send it just about wherever they want (as long as it makes sense...)

[EDIT] No, I lied. I'm going to post *now* because i'm bored *now*. Lets see...[/EDIT]

[EDIT2] Ok, I posted something. I ran with your idea about the confrontation between Iridia and Vexander. Iridia and Vexander shouldn't actually fight, not physically anyway. Perhaps Fire could join Vexander in arguing against Iridia, while Meridon would join Iridia (they are after all a defiance of nature), but then Konan could collapse, and concern for a friend would bring them together again (for the time being...)
I was intending to reveal more about Meridon and Javas, but I don't think he's comfortable talking about it yet... Once we get outside (I say take the tunnel the turtle came from so we come out on the other side, if in a swamp) we can take a nap (it's been a long day). I'll reveal a bit more in another dream. [/EDIT2]

ivan.sourceforge.net

[Edited 3 times, last edit on 4/12/2003 at 01:42 (GMT -5) by Duke Ravage]
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, April 12, 2003 at 22:57 (GMT -5)

*sigh*
I read the OOC, then posted, then came back to find out you had edited your post! Sorry. Again. Next time, maybe start a new post (yeah, I know that's double posting...) so it's more obvious you've posted... Still, the story is moving fast. I hope we can keep that momentum going.

I liked the idea of a battle, but I knew Iridia wouldn't come after Vexander with an actual weapon, though her temper would probably get the best of her if Vexander disarmed her somehow. The fact that they've both just been through a battle makes even a fistfight serious, though. I figure Iridia's alignment has slipped a bit more towards Neutral, now that she's willing (if quite reluctant) to ally with a necromancer.

Duke, you better write the next post with Javas... he's your character and the rest of us probably haven't any idea where to go from here. :) Feel free to edit my post if you think I handled him wrong.

Die Gedanken sind Frei

[Edited 2 times, last edit on 4/12/2003 at 22:58 (GMT -5) by Iridia]
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, April 13, 2003 at 22:25 (GMT -5)

lol
don't worry about it. As long as the story keeps moving, i'm happy.
I'll think of something to write, and either write it tonight or tomorrow night. Like you said, our party probably isn't ready to fight Javas yet. Hmmm......
Hey, I've got an idea... I think i'll post tonight. Not now, but later...

ivan.sourceforge.net
Go to page 1 2 3

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: