Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Stories / OOC: ADOM Role-Play 2

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 3 pages long.
Go to page 1 2 3
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5657 days, 4 hours, 43 minutes and 38 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, April 13, 2003 at 22:25 (GMT -5)

lol
don't worry about it. As long as the story keeps moving, i'm happy.
I'll think of something to write, and either write it tonight or tomorrow night. Like you said, our party probably isn't ready to fight Javas yet. Hmmm......
Hey, I've got an idea... I think i'll post tonight. Not now, but later...

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, April 15, 2003 at 01:41 (GMT -5)

The elf left two Potions of Greater Healing. Konan's sword should be nearby (in the pile where Meridon found his book and the Wand of Magic Missile), along with a few other useful items. Make them up. Not too powerful, but something fairly nice; maybe some more healing potions, some useful scrolls, a fresh wepon for someone, etc.
Pretty open from there. I'd assume they should leave the tunnel, emerging on the other side of the river. Maybe Vex could raise one or two undead to use as guards; Iridia won't like it, but should accept it at least. Also, Vex should learn about Terinyo's fate (his brother lives there, if you don't remember). I'll have Meridon explain some of his past in their next camp; it sure has been a long day...

And finally, I updated the map with the approximate position of the party. When they emerge I'll put them on the other side of the river. Whenever they move long distances, give me a rough location for them so i can keep that thing farily up-to-date. (This is mostly so we can keep track of where they are as we post, so we know what kind of terrain to put them in from now on. Not that they'll be on this map much longer... Yes, creative licence is being heavily used, but oh well. So move the forest on the far side of teh river too. *g*)

And I think i'll give our mystery elf a flavor: She's a high-elf.

Iridia, what level would you approximate us as being at this point?

ivan.sourceforge.net

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 4/15/2003 at 01:43 (GMT -5) by Duke Ravage]
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

3750 days, 1 hour, 23 minutes and 54 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, April 26, 2003 at 10:57 (GMT -5)

I would say level twelve or thirteen. Usually, my characters go about to level six or seven doing the carpenter's quest; then there was also a major battle in the wilderness, and another with the lizardmen, not to mention the obviously tough and therefore high-exp. chaos turtle.

I didn't have any ideas about new equipment or spells from the lizardmen's loot, so I just had the ceiling collapse and the group grabbing the items before identifying them. Hope that's OK.

Hmm... Konan will want a decent weapon before long, not to mention some herbs for sickness (Fire can probably help with that)... You want them to head to the Minstrel now? I'll warn you... I CAN'T write poetry. But then again, neither can the Minstrel. :P

Die Gedanken sind Frei

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 4/26/2003 at 10:58 (GMT -5) by Iridia]
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, April 26, 2003 at 16:27 (GMT -5)

Yeah, Konan probably does need a better wepon. Now that he has his sword back he should be OK, but a bigger one would be better. And your also right about the herbs...

The Minstrel is their goal, so yeah. As far as poetry is concerned, it doesn't matter too much...

One more comment. The story's going great, but I think it needs something more than just explore, hack some baddys, show off special powers, cast a spell, hack more baddys. I'm trying to put some of that in with Meridon, but it's not easy...

I'll post something fairly soon.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, May 01, 2003 at 01:16 (GMT -5)

well, you asked for background, you got background. *g*

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2003 at 00:35 (GMT -5)

After some thought, I think we can stand another character. Perhaps even another player. HOWEVER, talk to me before you enter if you want to enter. (Just a warning. *g*)

Ok, here's what I'm thinking: I'm pretty much taking over the other elf, and she's gonna follow Vexander and Konan (perhaps show herself, help them, etc? formally join them?). when they get back to Teryino, they won't find the memior Vexander's looking for (it was inside of the brother, which is why it wouldn't be stolen). Some exploring of the locality should reveal the lost brother -- with amnisia, due to the horrors he witnissed. This could be anybody new's character. This person would then follow V & K back to the MM's.

Meanwhile, at MM's, the rest of teh party arrives, and has some interesting conversation with the MM. (anyone good at poetry?)

I'm thinking the next fair portion of the story will be lacking big battles... perhaps a skirmish or 2 en route to & from Terinyo, but nothing major that needs many details. Perhaps nothing at all. We need some plotline development, and some character interaction. More than just hack-and-slash. *g*

BTW, what levels would you say our chars are now?

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, May 18, 2003 at 16:24 (GMT -5)

Hey Iridia... it's your post. *g*

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, May 19, 2003 at 05:08 (GMT -5)

I know. I've got a day or so left before my week is up... don't rush the genius! :P

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, May 19, 2003 at 10:55 (GMT -5)

lol *g*
your post better be worth the wait... *g*

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, May 20, 2003 at 05:57 (GMT -5)

There--what my adoring public (all two of them, plus my cat) has been waiting for! ;)

I've given Fire a bit of history, which I hope is in keeping with his character. Did I get the orcish gods right?
The One Who Rages-Chaotic
The One Who Kills-Neutral
The One Who Sees-Lawful
At any rate, Konan's getting the "last major fever attack" message, which makes sense with the cursed/doomed status. He's obviously tough enough to survive it, but it will probably take a day to come back to full HP. I wanted to keep them together another day, to give our spellcasters time to exchange knowledge, to examine the lizardman loot, and to get the elf to explain herself. Hope that's OK.

And... sorry :P I'm absolutely no good at poetry--not even bad poetry. Iridia would probably threaten the Minstrel to stop speaking in riddles or end up on the business end of her axe, though. :)

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, May 20, 2003 at 11:00 (GMT -5)

She's not *that* chaotic yet. *g*
Well, I'll try to do the riddle thing... I'm not very good. Hmm.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, May 23, 2003 at 10:56 (GMT -5)

A reminder: all OOC stuff for ADOM RP-2 should go here. Keep the story thread clean, please.

Posted by Andor Drakon:

OOC: Well, at Iridia's request, can I join in as the Mad Minstrel when you get there?

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, May 23, 2003 at 10:57 (GMT -5)

Yes, you may. (Note, it will be temproary, and only unitl we leave his company. We haven't even gotten there yet.)
Are you good at poetry? Can I read something you've written?

ivan.sourceforge.net
_Iridia
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, May 23, 2003 at 14:58 (GMT -5)

He doesn't even have to be *good* at it!... the Mad Minstrel's poetry is terrible! :) (But, of course, if you want to re-do the character, I don't mind...)
Andor Drakon
Registered user
uummm... ElDeR cHaOs GoD?

Last page view:

7294 days, 21 hours, 39 minutes and 28 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, May 24, 2003 at 00:40 (GMT -5)

Sorry, should have posted here. I'm not THAT good, but i'm alright (about 5th in my english class)

I can't really come up with anything to write because the MM kind of "talks" in poetry, it'd be like awnsering a question when you hadn't been asked.

However (this one about Javas as an indication that the MM knows something)

The Mad Minstrel suddenly burst into song.

The drakeling stands to the dark caveside
The scarred face tainted by evil
A hero band will constest Javas
But the secret of the gate he'll reveal

An evil lord with power great
'Tis destined that he'll fall
Since the god reached out his hands
And returned his power to full

Well, there you are. A sample of some very bad poetry. (But I have been staring at the computer for eight hours)

ChAoS iS cOmInG!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, May 24, 2003 at 01:08 (GMT -5)

*nod*
pretty good. Better than me. You're hired. Wages are non-existant. *g* When we get there, we'll ask the questions, i'll give you some indication of what kind of answer i'm looking for, and you can write the poem. mmkay? objections, questions, comments, insults, etc?

ivan.sourceforge.net
Andor Drakon
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, May 24, 2003 at 19:25 (GMT -5)

Sure, sounds good to me.

Questions, hmmm.
Objections, hmmm.
Insults, (censored)
etc, :P

ChAoS iS cOmInG!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, May 31, 2003 at 00:45 (GMT -5)

I made the last fever hit more nasty, and helped it be cured.
Yeah, I almost forgot about that. You want to deal with that? And introducing the elf to our party (or not)?
By the way, if she doesn't already have a name, I think that her name ought to be Runeva. That was the name of an elf in another story I abondoned almost before it began, but I still like the name. Besides, the first Runeva was an elven archer as well. *g*

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, June 06, 2003 at 06:37 (GMT -5)

Okay, I've written as much as I could. I couldn't go any further; this is, after all, a character introduction of sorts and Runeva isn't my character...

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, June 06, 2003 at 15:09 (GMT -5)

*nod* true, but considering the origional person who created her is gone. So somebody needs to come up with something, and it doesn't matter who, too much. I'll try to write something though. We'll work on it together, how's that sound?

ivan.sourceforge.net
duke ravage
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2003 at 12:56 (GMT -5)

I think that Rune should still be somewhat mysterious. She'll keep her distance for now. I got them together to do spell-swapping, etc, but now it's your turn again Iridia. It's too early and I jsut wrote a 2 page modern-day version of Steinbeck's The Grapes Of Wrath for my english final. so i'm a little fictioned-out.

ANd hey andor, if you read this, considering there's only 2 posters ATM, i think i'll let you join if you want. lets split the existing characters out, two apiece: i'll take Meridon and Rune, and Iridia gets Iridia and whoever else she wants. andor, you can have whoever's left, unless you post before Iridia in which case you get first choice. and yes, if you want, you may kill off a character. but do it in as cool (story-wise -- don't do like i did in ADOM RP1, and have your guy just step on a rock trap and get crunched. perhaps he could fall, stricken, in a fight, and get some last words in or something.) a way as you can, and don't kill one of the more pivitol characters (who are ATM Meridon (because of Javas), Rune (she's new) and Vexander (looking for his brother)).
yeah. ok. more rules-like-stuff. ok. i better go before i fall asleep on the computer.
Andor Drakon
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, June 12, 2003 at 01:55 (GMT -5)

Okay, you've got Meridon and Runeva, and since Iridia hasn't posted yet, i'd say i'll take Vexander at least, and I don't really care if I get Fire or Konan, so I'll let Iridia choose her second char. I dont really want to kill anyone (yet) but i'd say that I might (most likely not though), because otherwise I would be Vexander, Fire/Konan, and the MM at once. But then again, it would opnly be temporary (i.e. as long as we are with the MM.)

However: Who gets Javas? (or is he kind of shared?)

Also, I think the party should notice the Pyramid on their way to the MM, and I don't think it's open yet (close though)

ChAoS iS cOmInG!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 6/12/2003 at 01:56 (GMT -5) by Andor Drakon]
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, June 12, 2003 at 18:56 (GMT -5)

Javas is most definitely Duke Ravage's character, since he's also Meridon's nemesis.

Okay, so since you've deferred the choice to me, I'm going to take Fire. I wrote his history, anyway, so I might as well. :) Strangely enough, he's got a temperament much closer to a hurthling than an orc. Oh well. Guess he's a weird orc. :)

So I've posted again.... I'll give you a synopsis of the change in equipment. I've decided to give Konan Vanquisher (don't we wish all our human barbarians were that lucky?--hope it's not too powerful) and Fire an adamantium/eternium spear with some sort of pre/suffix on it. The rest of the loot includes some random scrolls, gauntlets for Fire (which can be either red dragon or just red leather), some arrows, and a dagger of returning.

And... uh, you do realize we are now in the middle of a swamp, at night, on Darknight? Good...

Well, Darknight isn't actually a bad thing for Vexander, come to think of it.

Die Gedanken sind Frei

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 6/12/2003 at 19:57 (GMT -5) by Iridia]
Andor Drakon
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, June 13, 2003 at 00:29 (GMT -5)

That gives me a human necromancer on Darknight and a human barbarian with Vanquisher. Cool! At level 12-13 I believe Vexander can animate skeletons, zombies, ghuls, shadows, corpse fiends and (maybe) wights. Konan, I think, can do mighty blows. A mighty blow critical hit from Vanquisher? Why do I get the idea that 2 or 3 of them could take out a GM?

I'd say it's a good idea we compiled the spells we have.

Meridon: Heal Minor Wounds, Heal Medium Wounds, Lightning Bolt.
Vexander: Frost Bolt.

Duke, you can give Meridon a few extra spells if you want. I personally would like Vexander to get (Improved) Fire Bolt/Ball but maybe later.

ChAoS iS cOmInG!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, June 13, 2003 at 02:11 (GMT -5)

I have Heal Medium Wounds? wow, when'd I get that one? or was that the book we found?

Vanquisher, eh? That's not too powerful, considering Konan will be recovering from a sickness *and* cursed.
I think we're higher than 12-13, probably closer to 16-17 or so. (No, we're not going to go to the pyramid.)

In the morning the groups will part company, Vexander, Rune, and Konan going for the ruins of Terinyo, and Meridon, Fire and Iridia for the relative safety of the Minstrals. or maybe Iridia and Konan will swap places, considering Konan's condition... I don't know.
something probably ought to happen during the night. Nothing real huge. Maybe an attempted assassination by some stealthy undead or another?
hmm. I know. I'll post it tomorrow.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Andor Drakon
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2003 at 02:54 (GMT -5)

I'm assuming that thing is a ghul, as it has paralyse touch. I always imagined ghuls to be all ashy and grey. Hmm. Well, it looks to be a rather high-level ghul, a bit under "Very Experienced", otherwis it couldn't scratch anyone above level 2, especially a high-elven archer, as she could hit it with her bow before it got close

The only way you can be paralysed by a low-level ghul is to be forced to melee it and then to have it get a really good roll while you have a Dex of 1 and you are doomed and cursed. Ghuls are really weak.

Anyway, the ghul must be pretty high level, and so must be pretty powerful. So nobody say "Isn't that a bit too powerful for a ghul?"

ChAoS iS cOmInG!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2003 at 16:43 (GMT -5)

Oh, i've had my powerful characters get paralyzed by ghuls before. Besides, it was night and in a swamp, on darknight. So the ghul snuck up on Runeva. And everyone else was sleeping, so it was fairly easy for it to get them... And yeah, it is fairly powerful, i'd say about the same level as us.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2003 at 23:56 (GMT -5)

hmm. i have this sinking feeling like i'm making a plot hole....... oh well.
Hey, I'm thinking that we should put in some sort of "mini-ending" at some point. The story's getting rather large, after all. Perhaps after we leave the 1st map we can kinda end this edition and start a new one. What do you all think?
(By the way, we aren't all that far from leaveing the origional map and going to my new one... once everyone's regrouped at the Mad Minstral's place it won't be long. I'm going to put the path to the new map in the Bug Temple.)

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, June 19, 2003 at 14:48 (GMT -5)

The Bug Temple?... You're gonna stick level 18-20 characters in the bug temple?

Sounds like fun!

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, June 19, 2003 at 16:00 (GMT -5)

i havn't been to the new-and-improoved bug temple yet, so i don't really know what it's like. i'll have to go on the Guidebook and find out before we get there...

ivan.sourceforge.net
Go to page 1 2 3

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: