Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / More chars for me

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Ryan Klein
Registered user
Because I said so is why!

Last page view:

1652 days, 23 hours, 36 minutes and 3 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, March 07, 2003 at 08:49 (GMT -5)

Here's what I've got so far.

level 19 gnomish thief
crowned lawful
sword of sharpness
girdle of giant strength
fire immunity.

How do I get my equipment fire immunity?
Anti rusting is needed too
also a 'sic' of water breathing

J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5662 days, 4 hours, 41 minutes and 20 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, March 07, 2003 at 09:30 (GMT -5)

Higher metals don't melt as easily as iron, in fact I think that eternium doesn't melt at all. Also artifacts don't melt. Otherwise wearing a ring of ice or two, preferably blessed, protects your worn equipment quite nicely. Being lucky and having fate smile on you helps. Fireproof blankets protect items in your backpack, but they can burn away, especially if your cursed+doomed.(Also if you're planning to go to the place I think you're planning to go, remember to have confusion resistance and something to heal yourself with, potions or spenseweed for example. And if you're good with missiles use dragon slaying ammo if you've got it.)

You can make items rustproof by dipping them into blessed potions of rust removal. The item mustn't be rusty because then the rust will just be removed and you won't get it rustproofed. Oh and have a waterproof blanket with you.

Things that give water breathing are generated randomly (except some artifacts like TotRR are guaranteed) so you're just going to have to get lucky. You can also use =oFish. One blessed or two other sorts of =oFish stop drowning damage completely.

My guess is you asked because you're going to the water cave. If you've got teleport control and can teleport two times you don't need pretty much anything. Just when descending the cave teleport 34 steps to the left, talk with the dragon and teleport back. I think the number of steps is 34 but it could be 33 or 35 too so if you want to be sure check the guidebook it's got a map of the cave.
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5763 days, 15 hours, 22 minutes and 20 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, March 07, 2003 at 09:39 (GMT -5)

If you're trying to steal from the water dragon, be very very careful. I've lost several good characters this way. She has a really nasty water breath attack; I believe that water breathing protects against it to some extent, but rings of the fish do not.

The best way to handle her seems to be to attract her attention, then read a scroll of darkness and whale on her in a Berserk rage until she either flees or dies. (Don't forget to wear an amulet of balance while committing this chaotic act.) If she flees, let her go and just sort through her stuff.
Portrait
Ryan Klein
Registered user
Because I said so is why!

Last page view:

1652 days, 23 hours, 36 minutes and 3 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, March 07, 2003 at 11:00 (GMT -5)

It's either the toef or the water cave. I still have to get the elemental orb of water and I can't swim. sooooooo.... It's off to find a rotf and mebbe a ring of ice to go with it.

I'll post the results.

Portrait
C
Registered user

Last page view:

6291 days, 9 hours, 51 minutes and 35 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, March 07, 2003 at 12:28 (GMT -5)

So far I have a lvl 14 treasure hunter necromancer dude grey-elf with ONLY teleport control (got another one!) They can't swim! They are lawful (only get necromancy for lvl 25 and lvl 50 techniques) has +20 on ice bolt and +12 on fire +10 on lightning and 2! 2 RoDS used one wish for mana. On the dwarf's quest the necromancer one.
Stats look like this
15 (st), 25(le), 17(wi),(dex) 24, (tough) 14 , 41 (mana), (ch) 13,(ap) 31, 22 (pe)
But so far I can't count eggs or chicks!
(need a avatar)
My strategy (not in order)
get Nonnak's sword gauntlets
then go kill Black Dragons
Go to puppy cave look to see if there's a pool
if not use RoDS to get AoLS for Khelevaster
Go get crown of science (for ToF) and OfCw
(chaos water orb) save Blurpy, kill Blurpy mom later to get water breathing. (lucky!)

[Edited 2 times, last edit on 3/7/2003 at 12:33 (GMT -5) by C]
J.
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, March 08, 2003 at 04:55 (GMT -5)

I wouldn't use the crown of science in the ToEF if I were you. You can get fire immunity to the background heat by having a total fire resistance of level 5. That is not very hard. It means having level 3 from a dragon/drake corpse, wearing a ring of fire resistance under elemental gauntlets, for example. This way you won't be doomed and will get hit less and corrupted less by those hits and your fireproof blankets won't burn away and you get better luck rolls for the =oIce to protect your equipment.

Long story short, I don't like to be cursed or doomed.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."

Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, March 08, 2003 at 13:13 (GMT -5)

Never mind I have a ring of elemental mastery.
C-student
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, March 26, 2003 at 19:23 (GMT -5)

Turned that Char in.
Descent
Registered user

Last page view:

4873 days, 2 hours and 11 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, April 04, 2003 at 03:00 (GMT -5)

How do you get treasure hunter.
I didn't find it in the manual.

Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, April 04, 2003 at 12:22 (GMT -5)

Get alertness and miser at start.
J.
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, April 05, 2003 at 06:06 (GMT -5)

You only have to take alertness at start. You can then take Miser and after that treasure hunter whenever you want.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: