Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Ranger

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Anarchy
Registered user
yAwN

Last page view:

4887 days, 17 hours, 18 minutes and 45 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, March 08, 2003 at 00:32 (GMT -5)

Ranges are,byfar,the most coolest class ever.Well,not really,but if you like rangers,I have some tips for you :

1. Play a ranger,born in the month of the Falcon.
2. Get up to Lv6.
3. Go into the wilderness and use survival over
and over again until your strained!
4. Sell the seeds,and watch the cash flow in!

Although this trick works,it takes a lot of time and I don't recommend it.But it still works! :)

Boredom ceases bladder.
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5654 days, 13 hours, 33 minutes and 22 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, March 08, 2003 at 04:58 (GMT -5)

You can also feed the seeds to beggars (or use the money you get from selling them) to get to L+ status.

Also it's even more useful for dwarves since their god likes gold sacrifices so it's pretty easy to get crowned (also might want to consider a dwarven ranger's skill list it is pretty large).
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Portrait
Anarchy
Registered user
yAwN

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, March 08, 2003 at 06:53 (GMT -5)

Hey,I was about to say that :).Oh,and if you noticed,I'm new to these boards.Hi!I'm not new to ADOM though ;).Anyway,back to topic :

Do you think the races effect on the survival skill?Maybe humans are more better at survival than the other races.

Boredom ceases bladder.
J.
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, March 08, 2003 at 16:05 (GMT -5)

I can't think of any reason why race would affect the survival skill. Other than the fact that trolls eat more so in effect they get slightly less satiation every turn from using the skill because during that turn they digest more than other races. Did that make any sense? And come to think of it, that might not be true since I think it was changed in some recent version that you don't consume food when you're eating something(in earlier versions you could starve before you finished eating something).

If you didn't bother reading that or it doesn't make any sense I'll say it again: no, I don't think that race affects using the survival skill and IMO it shouldn't.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Orc Man
Registered user
Threadamancer

Last page view:

7688 days, 4 hours, 10 minutes and 43 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, March 08, 2003 at 21:38 (GMT -5)

I've got one question about rangers.

How do you survive? All my rangers are dead before level 9 because of low DV, how do you get around that? And what weapons should be used. I've tried different combanations but they don't seem to do enough damage.

"The greatest obstacle obstructing the advancement of the human race, is the human race."

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/8/2003 at 21:38 (GMT -5) by Orc Man]
Portrait
Anarchy
Registered user
yAwN

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, March 08, 2003 at 22:19 (GMT -5)

If u meet a tough opponent,just run.That's what I did.I lost my ranger because I stayed too long at the small cave :(.

Boredom ceases bladder.
Portrait
Ranger
Registered user
Drakish Ranger

Last page view:

7693 days, 1 hour, 23 minutes and 15 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2003 at 23:23 (GMT -5)

I uassally always play a drakish ranger because of the acid spit ability,,but i uassaly end up dead from poision or something stupid like that so i tend to play trolls now for their posion resistense.

http://www.geocities.com/rogue_likes_arena/
Tanthalas Pathfinder
Registered user
aka Tanthie

Last page view:

7044 days, 16 hours, 41 minutes and 42 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, March 21, 2003 at 04:53 (GMT -5)

Do trolls have a poison resistance? I didn't know that before...

"When watching anime, never worry about the consequences."
Portrait
Ranger
Registered user
Drakish Ranger

Last page view:

7693 days, 1 hour, 23 minutes and 15 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, March 21, 2003 at 05:03 (GMT -5)

ya after level 6 wich u can reach in about 15 minutes in the small cave{nw of terinyo}99.9%of the time u can reach level 6 before running into any snakes.just stay on level 1 of the cave for as long as u can then go down.

http://www.geocities.com/rogue_likes_arena/

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/21/2003 at 05:04 (GMT -5) by Ranger]
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3107 days, 14 hours, 8 minutes and 14 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, March 21, 2003 at 07:31 (GMT -5)

It's not trolls, it's Beastfighters...
Races don't have special abilities.

A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
J.
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, March 21, 2003 at 09:06 (GMT -5)

Yea might not want to misinform people against what is said in the manual...

Warlord
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, March 31, 2003 at 10:58 (GMT -5)

Well, selling the seeds ain't nothing, but I got myself crowned by saccing seeds! Took a *lot* of time...no point of playing on the game after that, but I was bored.
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3746 days, 3 hours, 23 minutes and 12 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, April 01, 2003 at 06:35 (GMT -5)

You MUST have been bored!... Try a challenge game next time. How about: "Eat only seeds"... or "Keep a bard's original companion alive throught the whole game" or "Never use anything magical"... Have fun :)

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Warlord
Registered user
Wanderer of the Wastes

Last page view:

7523 days, 3 hours, 24 minutes and 4 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, April 02, 2003 at 03:48 (GMT -5)

Yeah, I've read about a halfer game...he could use only stones, no altars, crowning etc.. (IIRC) and could carry only 200? stones, well just enough to lug one orb at a time into place...

I haven't actually won the game legit a single time... I always get bored of my chars about mid game to play them through...I always think of another race/class combo and want to try it out..
There is one thing I can't get enough and that is smithing... I enjoy creating powerful weapons with smithing and scrolls...I'm kinda wsmith wannabe.. or what do you think of elven chainmail +12+17? Or eternium girdle +8+12? One thing I liked was a whip of penetration +7 1?d4?+12...

I've "won" a couple of times with a hacked char in the older versions though. No ultra or god endings.. just the normal.

- May the blood of thine enemies stain the ground -

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 4/2/2003 at 03:51 (GMT -5) by Warlord]
Descent
Registered user

Last page view:

4865 days, 10 hours, 52 minutes and 13 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, April 22, 2003 at 08:29 (GMT -5)

I used to play elven rangers beacause they get more talents.
But to survive Kranach was more than immpisible for me so I took the Sherrf with me this is how I got up to level 6.
J.
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, April 22, 2003 at 12:44 (GMT -5)

I'm not sure but I think dwarven rangers have got the widest range of skills. Dwarves are also a sturdier than elves. Although you don't have the same Drizzt effect with dwarves as you do with dual-sword weilding dark elves:) But you can of course imagine your dwarves as Warhammer (not 40k that sucks) lords or heroes...(I used to play dwarves)

The kranach quest isn't necessary for you to do and I myself find it a bit hard with weak chars if I don't have spells. I often neglect it entirely but I do take it if I were to bump into the gang before I got up to lvl 6 but I don't actively go look for them.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: