Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Getting the Weird Tome

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Gordismo
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, March 24, 2003 at 18:18 (GMT -5)

Okay, what exactly are the requirments of getting the weird tome?

My wizard has spent a lot of time in the libary, doing nothing but reading and eating, but has seems to have not been able to get the weird tome. (by amount of time spent I meant bloated to starving to bloated to starving to bloated to starving, 2 artifacts, champion of order.)

Yes, I have used magic to clear the libary, but the guidebook says in recent versions that it is okay.

I have left the libary a couple of times while trying to clear the libary, would that affect anything?

What did I do wrong?
Gordismo
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, March 24, 2003 at 18:59 (GMT -5)

Bah, darn double thread post thingy....
Tekki
Registered user

Last page view:

7316 days, 14 hours, 58 minutes and 23 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, March 25, 2003 at 21:00 (GMT -5)

you are mute, correct?

You feel a surge of power. Suddenly your extraordinary carrying capacity fails you. You are crushed by the tons of luggage you are carrying. You die...

Go here when you are on the forum to chat about Adom! http://koti.mbnet.fi/adrakon/chat.shtml
Gordismo
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, March 28, 2003 at 23:51 (GMT -5)

The guide said you didn't need to be mute anymore, but yes, I was mute (yes, I ate a harpy) after I killed everyone with spells (Which, to my knowlege, is talking).

The guide gave a senario of a somone clearing out the libary, then sat and read books for a while without being mute, and still got the Tome. That is about what I did, cept I ate a harpy corpse and left the libary twice to recouver (I had a unicorn chasing after me)
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5636 days, 16 hours, 7 minutes and 19 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, March 29, 2003 at 02:01 (GMT -5)

Info in the GB isn't necessarily correct in every aspect so you shouldn't believe everything you read there as if it were the Bible or something(and even the Bible isn't right all the time).

Maybe the ghost librarian requires you to 'stay quiet'(whatever that requirement is) the first time you enter and doesn't like you running out and in again all the time? I don't know. I've only got a couple of chars that far in the game, the other didn't go to the library and the other, a wizard, killed everything there with spells and read some books and didn't get the weird tome.

I think the weird tome is a weird item and the way to get it is pretty weird and probably not everything is known about how to get it.
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
firestorm
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, April 01, 2003 at 11:13 (GMT -5)

how could you still cast spells when mute? I have been playing wizards a lot lately and its impossible to cast while mute......maybe there was just a glitch in the game or youre in a different version?
Gordismo
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, April 02, 2003 at 02:38 (GMT -5)

Well, what I meant is that I ate the harpy corpse after clearing the libary, (it wore off pretty quickly though). Does the libarian have to be outside the libary in order to get the tome?

Well, it doesn't matter, she died. Killed by a really high level tree. Used fire in the middle of the animated forest while forgetting that new rules where something gets stronger everytime I kill one it.

Anyways, I'm now working on a drakling theif. Very promising, got two precrowing already(sorched spear and preserver), aiming for the third.
firestorm
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, April 02, 2003 at 10:59 (GMT -5)

i think you have to be quiet all the time youre in the library to get the weird tome, but i dunno ive never got it
Dannerus Maximus
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, April 02, 2003 at 13:41 (GMT -5)

You don't have to be mute to get the weird tome. All you have need to do is stay in the library without talking to anyone, and wait. You can attack or use magic if you want to, as it doesn't affect the outcome of getting the tome. Also, the librarian will move when you are to receive the tome. The only part you have to worry about is starving to death, so bring plenty of food. Also, it helps to be able to read those spellbooks so you can pass the time more quickly
malignatius
Registered user
Procopio Pilate

Last page view:

7661 days, 23 hours, 28 minutes and 7 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, April 07, 2003 at 09:18 (GMT -5)

I belive that you might have to return a book to the librarian in order to get the tome..
My character was not mute and used both magic and melee to clear put the library.
The Librarian didn't move before i talked to him.

V.1.1.1 for Windows beta 4

Glob!

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: