Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / true and pure paragon of order

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

njt2
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, March 27, 2003 at 10:10 (GMT -5)

How do you become a True and Pure Paragon of Order?
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5758 days, 15 hours, 33 minutes and 22 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, March 27, 2003 at 11:22 (GMT -5)

Here's what I've heard about the true and pure paragon of order challenge. N.B. This is all hearsay. I have never become a true and pure paragon of order, or heard of anybody who has.

The main requirement is to reach D:50 without ever committing a chaotic act. It's also rumoured that you are required to save Khelavaster. I've heard rumours both that you must be a crowned champion of order on reaching D:50, and that you must not be crowned when you get there.

What acts are chaotic? Well, here are a few that spring to mind. I'd be very grateful if anyone could add to the list.

• Attacking peaceful monsters directly (but firing missiles past them or zapping them with bolt spells appears to be safe).
  • Killing lawful monsters, even in self-defence.
  • Picking pockets or stealing from shops. This never seems to take your alignment below NC, but I've heard that learning Pick Pockets from Yergius is also forbidden to paragons of order.
  • Completing chaotic quests. Note that Gaab-Baay's quest for the Medal of Chaos is chaotic in and of itself. This renders it impossible to become an Avatar of Order with the platinum girdle.
  • Digging up graves.
  • Eating undead corpses.
  • Using the Necromancy skill.
  • Wearing an amulet or armour of chaos, or wielding a weapon of vampirism (are these acts?)
  • Reading a tract of chaos, or possibly balance, and maybe even order (I am still pretty clueless about tracts).
  • Certain actions pull you towards neutrality. E.g. the Kranach quest can take you from N+ to N=. Potions of balance can also have this effect. I believe that Guth-Alak's quest draws you towards neutrality too.
  • Offering at a non-aligned altar will (IIRC) always pull you towards the alignment of the altar. This means that you cannot convert altars
    to lawful. You can convert them away from lawful, but why would you want to?

[Edited 2 times, last edit on 3/27/2003 at 11:24 (GMT -5) by Ekaterin]

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: