Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Need help

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

magicivian4
Registered user

Last page view:

7625 days, 8 minutes and 32 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, March 31, 2003 at 22:24 (GMT -5)

i ran into one of those floors that has a hard to find secret door. i eventually found it but it took me so long that the white worms behind the door had more then enough time to multiply and fill the whole room. of course generally this isnt a problem, however today it is. The worms happen to have the same alignmentment as me (so it asks me before i attack to make sure i want to). generally this isnt a problem except that i've already been crowned neutral. i did kill a few (i was N+ when i first encountered them) and made it to the staircase in the same room as them to continue. I went down the stairs and brought a few white worms with me. i continued my adventures through the rest of the CoC, or at least to the part where i want to save the dying guy. On my way back down i notice that the white worms have completely populated 2 levels. i cant kill anymore or i'll drop alignment and my god will punish me. this character is a level 13 troll healer and the only spell he knows is darkness. he has a few wands but i havent ID'd them. I need to travel this way a few more times until i open up the short cut through the forge (assumeing i get that far) but how can i do it without dropping alignment? and theres no way to bypass the floors with the worms on them and they have surrounded both the staircases...help is very much needed
Möwe
Registered user

Last page view:

6606 days, 9 hours, 11 minutes and 45 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, April 01, 2003 at 03:04 (GMT -5)

You can switch places with the nonhostile worms (:s). The hostile ones you can attack without alignment drop (the question if you really want to won't be asked).
In any case you have to avoid that they get to another level. Kill all that follow you.
If you have a companion he can do this for you.
And I think it's save to kill nonhostile monsters with bolt spells (which you don't have) and possibly missiles if you don't aim directly at them but behind them. But I'm not sure. Can anybody confirm this?
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3753 days, 11 hours, 52 minutes and 13 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, April 01, 2003 at 06:40 (GMT -5)

You'll have to go through those levels again, so if you have teleport control (eat a blink dog if you don't), here's what I suggest...

Get yourself a wand of trap creation (if you can't teleport), and a wand of door creation... here's what you do: Create a teleport trap (use the guidebook to tell you where to create the trap) near the entrances and exits, and block the traps and entrances off with a wall of locked doors (from your wand; you'll want some booze too...) Next time you go through the levels, just use the traps to teleport to the other entrance. Also works for Dwarven Halls, the Animated Forest, and the Battle Bunny level.

Die Gedanken sind Frei

Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, April 01, 2003 at 11:02 (GMT -5)

One problem with Iridia's suggestion. If the worms have pretty well completely filled the level, you'll never be able to teleport to the stair cases as a worm will more than likely be standing (wriggling in this case) on it. So swapping places seems to be the best option (though very time consuming!)
magicivian4
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, April 01, 2003 at 17:03 (GMT -5)

i did the swapping thing. if i come across a wand of trap creation i'll go around making some fire traps and watch all the bastards fry themselves... i'm really looking forward to it
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3753 days, 11 hours, 52 minutes and 13 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, April 01, 2003 at 22:09 (GMT -5)

I know :) My suggestion (notice the phrase "you'll have to go through those levels again"?) is meant to save time getting through those levels, by only having to swap places through the level once. I've done it myself, once with hostile worms in the Big Room (I don't play druids much), another time (by closing doors, not creating them) when I opened a jelly vault and they multiplied too quickly, and both times I got to the Battle Bunny level. It's quite helpful. Remember that some monsters can open closed doors, and some can smash locked doors.

Die Gedanken sind Frei

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 4/1/2003 at 22:11 (GMT -5) by Iridia]
Botched
Registered user

Last page view:

7643 days, 19 hours, 59 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, April 02, 2003 at 08:42 (GMT -5)

heres an interesting suggestion
if you can find one read a scroll of monster agravation and i believe all of them will become hostile so you can kill them. -Botched
magicivian4
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, April 02, 2003 at 09:19 (GMT -5)

thanks for all the help guys

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: