Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Race+Class Combo

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 2 pages long.
Go to page 1 2
Portrait
Anarchy
Registered user
yAwN

Last page view:

4896 days, 21 hours, 3 minutes and 39 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, April 16, 2003 at 07:09 (GMT -5)

Post your favourite Race+Class combo here!I basically think High Elven Rangers are the best
because they can live long enough for me to gather tons of cash and stuff.

PS : I know this kind of thing has been posted several times,but I'm desperate! :P

Boredom ceases bladder.
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5663 days, 17 hours, 18 minutes and 16 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, April 16, 2003 at 08:16 (GMT -5)

Gnomish bards. In addition to heir they can easily get alert and go for treasure hunter. Treasure hunter and typical bard luck should equal good equipment. And that pair of blessed 7LB right from turn one is a handy bonus.
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Klavert
Registered user
The Hurthling

Last page view:

6518 days, 18 hours, 31 minutes and 53 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, April 16, 2003 at 11:36 (GMT -5)

High elven paladin is also cool.
But that might for a part be because they are fun to play, imagining yourself being a high elf, trying to do some good fighting, all in name of your god.
Klavert
-I want ye to slay a rat to prove your valor- Thrundarr
That really happened to me :D
Tanthalas Pathfinder
Registered user
aka Tanthie

Last page view:

7053 days, 20 hours, 26 minutes and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, April 17, 2003 at 06:51 (GMT -5)

Dark elven elementalist.

I don't know why they rule but they're always so lucky when I play them. And I think I have told this many times before... Örgh...

"When watching anime, never worry about the consequences."
Portrait
Anarchy
Registered user
yAwN

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, April 17, 2003 at 07:33 (GMT -5)

I love Dwarven Barbarians.They're so damn strong!I could kill anything!Well,not exactly anything...

Boredom ceases bladder.
Portrait
Warlord
Registered user
Wanderer of the Wastes

Last page view:

7532 days, 7 hours, 8 minutes and 58 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, April 17, 2003 at 08:27 (GMT -5)

Dwarven Weaponsmiths...I just love to smith.

not to mention the money you can acquire with mining/smithin..(the price of those eternmium ingots is pretty high AFAIK)

- May the blood of thine enemies stain the ground -

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 4/17/2003 at 08:28 (GMT -5) by Warlord]
Portrait
Anarchy
Registered user
yAwN

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, May 22, 2003 at 07:21 (GMT -5)

Drakish Rangers are cool because :

1. They can spit acid at enemies.
2. They can use the survival skill.

These two make a deadly combo.Try to figure out why ;)

Boredom ceases bladder.
buttnugget
Registered user

Last page view:

7629 days, 12 hours, 39 minutes and 40 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2003 at 11:22 (GMT -5)

Grey Elf Archers

your Dodge skill will actually go to 100, and soon! you can shoot from any angle. nothing ever hits you.

Grey Elf Bards

flimsy at the beginning but so powerful once you get all their class lvl boosters. and they find tons of good stuff.
Portrait
Wheyon
Registered user

Last page view:

7567 days, 6 hours, 13 minutes and 15 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2003 at 13:45 (GMT -5)

lets not leave the wizards out. Right now im a gnomish one, lets just say, Hes the most powerful character Ive ever played. Gnomes make it easier to get the best talent ever. Theres so many things I can do right now that Im kinda lost. I could do any, but am too overwhelmed. Where should I start?
My favourite piece of graffitti I ever was on a bathroom stall: "People who write here are FAAGS!"
Fred
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, June 04, 2003 at 03:59 (GMT -5)

To Wheyon:
What do you mean by "there's so many things I can do right now"? Exactly where are you right now at the game?

And I agree with wizards being a good race. My preferance is High/Gray Elves + Wizard. They tend to die early, but if you manage to keep them alive, then they have a long way to go. And some monsters are easier to kill with magic than melee. And teleporting from one place to another is a big help in reducing time to travel through dungeons, cutting the background corruption effects on my PC.

By the way, priests are also nice, but you wont get all the spells found in the library...
Portrait
Wheyon
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, June 04, 2003 at 10:06 (GMT -5)

I just finished killing filk (he didnt hit me), I have all the orbs, I might go to the library while I wait for the red rooster. HOw long does it usually take?

My favourite piece of graffitti I ever was on a bathroom stall: "People who write here are FAAGS!"
J.
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, June 04, 2003 at 17:04 (GMT -5)

You're probably talking about the rune-covered trident not the trident of the red rooster aren't you? That's the one you get from the water dragon(I think high-level chars get it faster, go level up some). OTOH, when you give khelevaster the crumpled scroll he summons the TotRR instantaneously(he won't summon it for chaotics, though).

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Portrait
Wheyon
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, June 04, 2003 at 23:07 (GMT -5)

Oh, Alright. Yeah, I have the rune trident or whatever. Good for undead it is. Wizards, I tell ya, theyre flippin amazing.

loser
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, June 05, 2003 at 06:10 (GMT -5)

erm... grey elf merchants ? {^!^}
Portrait
Wheyon
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, June 05, 2003 at 10:05 (GMT -5)

dark elf merchants. even better....

Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3116 days, 17 hours, 53 minutes and 8 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, June 05, 2003 at 10:31 (GMT -5)

Dark Elf Barbarian is my personal favourite. Find Weakness, Awarness, as an elf I don't have to be afraid of Ghosts (the only other race with Find Weakness are orcs. And they live for 50 years... thats 2 hits from a Ghost lord, about 10 hits from a ghost).

A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
Portrait
Ryan Klein
Registered user
Because I said so is why!

Last page view:

1654 days, 12 hours, 12 minutes and 59 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, June 05, 2003 at 12:32 (GMT -5)

Currently, I'm a Gnomish:
Fighter
Assassin
Weaponsmith
Bard
Merchant
Barbarian

I loves my Gnomes. And when the talent situation arose, WOW!!!

Portrait
Wheyon
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, June 05, 2003 at 19:01 (GMT -5)

yeah, because they get good stats and live long

buttnugget
Registered user

Last page view:

7629 days, 12 hours, 39 minutes and 40 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, June 05, 2003 at 21:17 (GMT -5)

wizards are great but so boring after a while. especially dying from strength of atlas or blasting yourself with a bolt spell that bounces. and i can't stand paging through 3 pages of spells to cast something every time.

i've never had a character that didn't have teleport control and teleport before lvl 20. it's so easy to find. and if you're not a spellcaster eating pixie archer corpses won't limit your chances of reading create item or wish or whatever cause you don't need to worry about that anyway.
Portrait
Wheyon
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, June 06, 2003 at 02:36 (GMT -5)

I agree the paging for spells is annoying. But thats the beauty of Acid ball. or fireball for that matter.

J.
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, June 06, 2003 at 05:33 (GMT -5)

You can quick-mark spells you know.

Jurne
Registered user

Last page view:

6664 days, 10 hours, 28 minutes and 54 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, June 06, 2003 at 17:24 (GMT -5)

Wtf? Where have the mindcrafters gone? You can't forget them! They have a slow start, so I use hurthlings so they're start is like 2 minutes, lol- They're only other problem is undead, and there's a way around that too, called WANDS. Lol... poor pathetic fools...

You wish to kill me? Good thing I brought my psychic hamster named Hamster with me...
J.
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, June 07, 2003 at 08:23 (GMT -5)

Can't you also use the telekinetic blasts to blow undead(and chaos thingies too) without drawbacks? Would seem logical as the way I think of it, when you blow away with a telekinetic blast you don't interact with the target's mind...

Jurne
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, June 07, 2003 at 10:17 (GMT -5)

Hey good idea, I'll go try (as soon as I can get a mindcrafter to live that long :-/ lol)
I backed this one up, and I've played him about 10 times trying to dive down and grab the Carpenter so I can have some decent healing skills, but he's just not cutting it. Going to have to remake... great, another 10 minutes scuming for Raven :-(

You wish to kill me? Good thing I brought my psychic hamster named Hamster with me...
J.
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, June 07, 2003 at 14:43 (GMT -5)

Ha ha, see how weak the mindcrafters are? That's why their not people's favorite class. :)

I very rarely play mindcrafters. My last mindcrafter found an amulet(NOT steel amulet!) in the second floor of the dungeon while going after the carpenter. On the third level, he kicked a door which went boom, reducing his hp down to -3. WTF? He didn't die? Oh great, wasted an AoLS. Never found one so early. But then behind a corner was a gnoll who killed my mindcrafter with one thrown axe(he had low hp because of the resurrection). I got fed up with mindcrafters because I had such good and bad luck with one.

J.
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, June 07, 2003 at 14:45 (GMT -5)

Speaking of amulets, didn't the Guidebook sometime list the typical unid'd names for amulets?

Jurne
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, June 08, 2003 at 22:49 (GMT -5)

*Update* Telekinetic blast does not hurt the mindcrafter if he shoots undead- W00T! :-)

Timo
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, November 30, 2003 at 12:01 (GMT -5)

I played an orcish ranger to level 17, but it caught in the crossfire of an ancient red dragon and diamond golem. with his executor disarmed, there was little to do, and i was truly surprised by the golem's damage. but rangers are good, and orcs have find weakness. they're strong in early game, 'cause of generally high (~20) st and to.

executor executes.
Portrait
Anarchy2
Registered user
- Tainted Love -

Last page view:

7281 days, 2 hours, 49 minutes and 49 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, December 01, 2003 at 02:09 (GMT -5)

This thread was like,way long.

But anyway,I like most of the Bards,since they have so much luck and whatnot.

Fear me not,I'll go nice on you....For now.
Achillies
Registered user
Mymirdon King

Last page view:

7402 days, 16 hours, 55 minutes and 44 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, December 01, 2003 at 20:33 (GMT -5)

dark-elf monks born in the month of the falcon (survival skill)

very hard to play up until about level 13-14, but then they are a real fun character to play

"Not Zeus himself nor any other Power Shall save this madman who defies the Gods!".....Phoebus Apollo
Go to page 1 2

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: