Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Hurthling Necromancers

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Thoth
Registered user
The Scribe

Last page view:

6183 days, 11 hours and 22 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, April 21, 2003 at 19:46 (GMT -5)

I just discovered IMO the best race-Necromancer combo: hurthlings, and for several reasons (insert evil laugh here)...

Corpses: Either cook it and eat it, or animate it. :) Hurthlings need food and protection - and they also have Food Preservation to keep those corpses long enough to decide what to do with them. Nuff said.

Rocks: Hurthlings start with a level 4 in Thrown Rocks. The necromancer's low hit recovery can be helped a little by staying out of melee combat when possible, and rocks are very common...

Cursed Ring: Well i'm a little bit into Tolkien (of course). What if Sauron had been a hurthling? :) Its kind of fun and sometimes the ring is very beneficial. My current hurthling necromancer has a cursed Ring of Luck... lol a cursed Ring of Doom would be more "Tolkien-esk" but I'm not complaining. :)

Heir Gift: The blessed Chaotic Skull Staff of Slaughtering (+0,2d12+1) necromancers recieve due to the Heir talent is usually more than enough to keep your hurthling alive.

Herbalism: Also the hurthling's Herbalism skill nicely compliments the necromancer's Alchemy.

Boots: You can sell them all. :)

So if you guys don't mind, my necromancers will be hurthlings from now on. :) I would like to hear if anyone thinks any other race-necromancer combo is better and why. Let me know! :)

--<>||<>--

Based on my findings, do you agree hurthling necromancers are the best?
Yes  No
Check results

Klavert
Registered user
The Hurthling

Last page view:

6509 days, 13 hours, 12 minutes and 10 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, April 22, 2003 at 11:18 (GMT -5)

I quite like hurthlings too. For a while i've played all classes as hurthling. ATM i'm more into high elves, i play all classes as high elf.

But i never tried necromancer a lot, although i think i'll try it again soon.
Klavert
-I want ye to slay a rat to prove your valor- Thrundarr
That really happened to me :D
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5654 days, 11 hours, 58 minutes and 33 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, April 22, 2003 at 12:49 (GMT -5)

I hear if you animate cooked corpses they start out with 1 hp. Now that's bad unelss your corpse was of the regenerative type(quickling, anyone?).
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3746 days, 1 hour, 48 minutes and 23 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, April 22, 2003 at 21:53 (GMT -5)

Animating cooked corpses?!! I didn't even think you could do that...

(On second thought, I've noticed that after about three weeks, the skeleton of a Thanksgiving turkey does tend to look like it could be about ready to walk itself to the trash can...)

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Thoth
Registered user
The Scribe

Last page view:

6183 days, 11 hours and 22 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, April 22, 2003 at 22:02 (GMT -5)

FYI you cant animate cooked corpses. ;) Sorry dude.

Oh and one more reason why hurthling necromancers are cool:

Neutrality: Of course most necromancers will wind up Chaotic, but hurthling necromancers start out as Neutral. This allows you to get the Healing skill without paying a point of Willpower to good doc Kranf Nast. :)

Ill add more as I uncover them. :)

--<>||<>--
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5654 days, 11 hours, 58 minutes and 33 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, April 23, 2003 at 14:40 (GMT -5)

Oh, thanks for the info! Not that I'd be playing necros in the near future they're not just my type...
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: