Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Corruption Requirements

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Palagran
Registered user
Furry Hybrid

Last page view:

6360 days, 8 hours, 25 minutes and 51 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, April 21, 2003 at 22:27 (GMT -5)

Hey... it's been a while, ne? I disappear for a long time, come back, and don't see anyone I know. Such is change, I suppose.

I recently read in the Guidebook that those properly equipped for an Avatar of Order ending do not have a corruption requirement for entering the Palace. (Interestingly enough, Avatars of Balance must be extremely corrupted.) Has anyone observed the absence of requirement in v1.1.1? I must admit, I've never heard of it before despite my extensive experience. I've been corrupting my ultra-ending PC's. I have another one ready to enter the Gate, but I don't want to go through without corruption if the Guidebook is just out of date or if the requirements were changed in a newer version.

Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, April 21, 2003 at 22:51 (GMT -5)

No its still there for balance ending. welcome back!
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5663 days, 1 hour, 37 minutes and 30 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, April 22, 2003 at 12:28 (GMT -5)

That's a name I remember though I think I was lurking when you were posting last time...

Anyways I think it wouldn't be too unethical if you'd back that savegame up and see for yourself if the requirement is still there. At least then we'd all know for sure.
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Portrait
Palagran
Registered user
Furry Hybrid

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, April 22, 2003 at 23:23 (GMT -5)

Thanks. I prolly won't be coming around much; this forum's horribly difficult to access most of the time.

Nah... I don't back up for experimentation purposes anymore. I'll just take my chances. If I die, then I'll blame the Guidebook. It wouldn't be the first time it's screwed me over.
J.
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, April 23, 2003 at 14:44 (GMT -5)

If you do manage to enter the gate without the corruptions and not die you might want to pop a message to rgra to get the GB updated so it wouldn't screw anyone else any more. BTW it's not that nice to mock someone's voluntary work now you try to make a GB of your own :P

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Portrait
Palagran
Registered user
Furry Hybrid

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, April 23, 2003 at 21:51 (GMT -5)

My saying the Guidebook caused me problems before was my way of justifying my asking the question.
J.
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, April 25, 2003 at 10:32 (GMT -5)

Alright.(is that spelled with one or two l's?)

Portrait
Palagran
Registered user
Furry Hybrid

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, April 25, 2003 at 21:50 (GMT -5)

One, alright? :)

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: