Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / The most ridicilous mistakes

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Lorze
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, April 24, 2003 at 17:34 (GMT -5)

What is the stupidest mistake you've made with the characters ready for CG or ultra-endings? I just went for Chaos God ending and got myself blasted in the final test when entering the gate. I was extremely corrupted, champion, and wielded the sceptre and wore the crown, but guess what, I managed to put on the WRONG AMULET!!!?!. Just before entering the Caverns of Chaos for the last time, I had killed the sheriff for fun and got the reward from Hotzenplotz, Amulet of chaos. I didn't identify it, neither I had identified medal of chaos, so they were both called as "obsidian amulet" in my inventory. The only difference was that the artifact weighted 300 whereas the amulet of chaos weighted 3. I did notice the difference earlier but of course I managed to put the wrong amulet on because i was hesitating to enter the gate. Even though I've completed the ultra ending, Chaos god ending just seems impossible for me, because I always screw up in some stupid way. Once I left my spectre in some infinity dungeon level, because I thought you can't lose artifacts in there. (for example, Si's are always found in your backpack again, if you drop them and enter a new level.) Apparently, the sceptre was lost forever. One time when I was L50 and wanted to do the demented ratling quest, I found out somebody had already killed him. One time when heading for Ultra ending, I got the crumpled scroll burned after killing the emperor moloch. Maybe it was me shooting lightning bolts at him from far away and I didn't notice I had already killed him.
Lorze
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, April 24, 2003 at 17:37 (GMT -5)

Oh, sorry for the double posting.
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5658 days, 14 hours, 41 minutes and 57 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, April 25, 2003 at 10:55 (GMT -5)

Don't worry, it's not that big of a deal. A couple of days ago I quadruple-posted, luckily to an existing thread. The three first times I got an error message (similar to the one I get every other time I try to load any page on these forums and after a couple of minutes loading I get the error message) so I thought the message didn't go through. When the fourth time it went through I saw the thread had four copies of my post. Deleted the rest.

Oh and sorry this is OT but I've never got to that point of the game so I can't comment on stupid mistakes I've made with potential winners.
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 4/25/2003 at 11:00 (GMT -5) by J.]
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3111 days, 15 hours, 16 minutes and 49 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, April 25, 2003 at 11:28 (GMT -5)

My potential winner entered the gate (that was before I learned about some "crown, medal and scepter of chaos" :D ).

A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3750 days, 4 hours, 31 minutes and 47 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, April 25, 2003 at 22:10 (GMT -5)

Hmmm... Does entering the arena for the 21st time and getting pulverized by a killer bug count? :)

Die Gedanken sind Frei
C(U)
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, April 26, 2003 at 14:40 (GMT -5)

I did the same with the amulet, I made a mistake with a greater moloch ( that hurt the char) I forgot the crown to enter the chaos gate, I wielded the trident in the wrong hand, that's about it for really silly mistakes. That was about a yr or two ago. (yep been playing adom for a while.)

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 4/26/2003 at 14:41 (GMT -5) by its author]
Gebnar
Registered user

Last page view:

7658 days, 16 hours, 24 minutes and 33 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, May 01, 2003 at 01:50 (GMT -5)

So, tell me if this one counts.

I read a scroll of fimiliar summoning in DH2 and got a balor! Then I took it and used it alone to completely clear the ToEF. By the time I had done that and taken it through the small cave (at level 20) for several days it was *EXTREMELY* experienced. It was capable of taking out 4-5 air/fire elementals in 1 turn.

Then I thought I would do the gremlin caves....

and forgot to bring a torch!

I then made the stubborn mistake of using my relatively (by then) high-level caracter to find the phial in the dark.... (just a little stupid?)

Well, to make a long story short, I accidentally hit the balor....

once.

My pc was great material for a std ending too! Oh well, maybe I will learn from my mistakes someday!

:)
Portrait
Warlord
Registered user
Wanderer of the Wastes

Last page view:

7527 days, 4 hours, 32 minutes and 39 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, May 01, 2003 at 14:52 (GMT -5)

I ran over an altar in the water temple...and a greater awter demon around the corner noticed..
My very potential finisher found himself dining with the Chaos Lords themselves....

- May the blood of thine enemies stain the ground -
Uncle Ted
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 at 05:36 (GMT -5)

I starved to death in the food shop, the large rations stopped me moving as I was so weak. after a few more moves of trying to drop things, then moving out the shop to try again, going back in ,picking up the food - I was already dead.
I would of probably given me some food for free if I owned that shop, I mean wouldn't you guys too if a starving person stumbled in on the verge of death? I guess he could sell my corpse for profit knowing my luck.
Portrait
Gordismo
Registered user
False God

Last page view:

7464 days, 5 hours, 34 minutes and 54 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 at 17:32 (GMT -5)

Level 31 Hurthling Wizard, was fighting stone giants for strength with the amulet of hunger on as well as two other artifacts. I moved one wilderness sqaure, I turned starving. Trying to get my str stat even lower, I pushed 5, and my character died from starvation. Grrr, my potential game winner ruined. I would have thought I had more time than that.

"The past is a ghost that haunts you from the moment it exists until the moment you don't"
Kryllion
Registered user

Last page view:

7037 days, 13 hours, 34 minutes and 50 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, May 11, 2003 at 00:49 (GMT -5)

I've only been playing a month or so, so I haven't gotten far enough (level 13 or so is my highest) to get close to screwing up any major characters.

Still, it did upset me that I wasn't patient enough to heal my char up all the way in the non-descript dungeon (or whichever it's called under the small cave). I my PC use the stethescope to find a hidden door, and had a rock crush him when he tried to open the door. Died with -1 health, so if I'd bothered to wait even a couple of turns, I could have extended my PC's life out until whatever was behind that door killed it.

~Kryllion~
Master of the Screeching Humanling
Portrait
Ryan Klein
Registered user
Because I said so is why!

Last page view:

1649 days, 9 hours, 36 minutes and 40 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, May 11, 2003 at 07:29 (GMT -5)

I'm almost blind and I do "midnight sessions"

Mistakes aplenty.

Level 30 gnomish merchant. I picked the wrong talent and I got "Affinity With Boomerangs"

Quit that one right off (I'm WAAY to perfectionist to win.)

Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, May 11, 2003 at 08:06 (GMT -5)

What's wrong with boomerangs&scouragi? ;)

A realist sees a train.
Portrait
Ryan Klein
Registered user
Because I said so is why!

Last page view:

1649 days, 9 hours, 36 minutes and 40 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, May 11, 2003 at 08:52 (GMT -5)

the fact that you don't get barely any for one.

Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, May 11, 2003 at 13:54 (GMT -5)

But they "return if thrown" :D

A realist sees a train.
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5658 days, 14 hours, 41 minutes and 57 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, May 12, 2003 at 09:01 (GMT -5)

Scurgari don't unless they're scurgari of returning.

BTW a boomerang of slaying would be nice!
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
anonymous
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2003 at 05:48 (GMT -5)

Not a mistake, just something annoying. Getting to a floor with a tension room with those beasts that go "harumph". Getting 7 lines of messages per turn... Didn't open any closed door :D
Portrait
Crimson King
Registered user

Last page view:

6315 days, 10 hours, 26 minutes and 6 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2003 at 07:07 (GMT -5)

Lvl 10 human barbarian, just below SMC, got a message: You shudder. You feel a surge of power. Ok, great. Trying to find the artifact and it's guardian I found a locked door. Kicked it (I knew it was the trap-room door, but didn't care). Kaboom. Didn't lose much of hps, thought that what the heck. No one in the trap room, great, I don't have to go there. Ok, time to search rest of the rooms. Pressed to wrong direction and thus, went to the trap room. First trap was a teleport trap which teleported me to another trap, kaboom. Ok, still have 30 hps left, now just gotta get out of this room. Next trap, teleport again. This time teleported next to a named troll. Took a one hit and I was quite dead.
All because of moving to the wrong direction.
The artifact was Bracers of war.

Joka vitsaa säästää, saa kaatumataudin
Orc Man v2
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2003 at 15:46 (GMT -5)

Level 50 orcish weaponsmith. Saved scrolls of defense for the entire game, gets moloch armor and eleminates the DV penelty for it,with SoS in addition to my other smithed gear totaling 164DV and 126 PV(with shield) accidently drank a potion of raw choas corrupting him beyond recovery instead of healing while cleaning out D:50. 12 days just wasted. I wanted to cry.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 6/3/2003 at 15:48 (GMT -5) by its author]
Jurne
Registered user

Last page view:

6659 days, 7 hours, 52 minutes and 35 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2003 at 09:04 (GMT -5)

Fired a magic missile up instead of northeast (9)
Bounced, and I ended up with exactly 0hp :-/

You wish to kill me? Good thing I brought my psychic hamster named Hamster with me...
Jonesy
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2003 at 17:53 (GMT -5)

Level 25 wizard. I has my WoWI, and was wishing for monsters to get some experiance. I wished for mimic hivemind, and got paralyied. I had a AoLS on, and I just used my one turn to attack, not run away. Stupid of me.

Oh, my other one was getting killed by a shopkeeper with a level 50 Bard (near death.) Damned mistakes!

(Oh yeah, I got a boomerang of slaying. It was nice!)

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: