Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Power point costs get doubled?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Tanthalas Pathfinder
Registered user
aka Tanthie

Last page view:

7053 days, 11 hours, 7 minutes and 9 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, April 29, 2003 at 04:25 (GMT -5)

I noticed this weird thing whilst I was playing my favorite type of character (dark elven elementalist (!)). My quarterstaff ripped apart cause of a trapped door. So, I picked up next weapon and (skullstaff) equipped it. I continued playing until I started to wonder why after few burning hands my power points were at 0 while I had 56 power points at maximum. I took a look to my spells and there was something badly wrong - my spells pp costs had doubled for some reason.

I took of the skullstaff and zadaam - the pp costs were halved once again. Until yesterday I thought it was the skullstaff's reason but yesterday my other DEE faced the same problem but this time I had no skullstaff. I took of all my equipment and still pp costs were doubled. I didn't found any reason for it and I killed that char cause it was impossible to play when Burning hands had pp cost 15.

Does anyone have a good explanation for this evil thing?

"When watching anime, never worry about the consequences."
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

2 days, 8 hours, 26 minutes and 55 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, April 29, 2003 at 06:13 (GMT -5)

It was probably Silernight (asuming your dark elf is still chaotic), or alternatively Darknight. At those times (once a month) the spell cost for chaotic and lawfull characters respectivelty are doubeled (see the time or calendar or whatever section in the manual).

IIRC spell costs also increase when the number of memorized castings start to get low.

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Tanthalas Pathfinder
Registered user
aka Tanthie

Last page view:

7053 days, 11 hours, 7 minutes and 9 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2003 at 03:53 (GMT -5)

Thanks. For now on I won't kill my character every time costs get doubled. :)

"When watching anime, never worry about the consequences."

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: