Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Putting charisma to proper use

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Unlce Ted
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2003 at 10:46 (GMT -5)

Won't the goodwives in the village be swurved by my silver tongue? With 34 charisma I would of thought they would at least give me a kiss!
Instead they rant at me about something about putting food on the table and I don't get any, come to think of it she didn't even go anywhere interested when I followed her, she just seemed to be, well, confused.
Tis a good game but hard to understand.
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

1 day, 11 hours, 39 minutes and 38 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2003 at 13:05 (GMT -5)

Complex conversation and character interaction have never been the strong point of roguelikes. Don't worry about it :)

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Uncle Ned
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 at 05:19 (GMT -5)

So what am I supposed to do with this damn wedding that cost me ~1200gp I got from the black market?? Even music won't impress her, but then again my character keeps having trouble with thee flute. Do fancy clothes make any difference? I would wear it but sometimes things like that are both crap in armour and cursed.
Portrait
Ryan Klein
Registered user
Because I said so is why!

Last page view:

1653 days, 6 hours, 6 minutes and 15 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 at 20:18 (GMT -5)

Are you joking or something?

It's not Morrowind. It's ADOM. Differances will ensue.

The wedding ring is to save your ass from a major bitch a little later in the game.

Uncle Ned
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, May 08, 2003 at 05:20 (GMT -5)

Great! So appearence and charisma are just there for chatting up monsters then huh?
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

1 day, 11 hours, 39 minutes and 38 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, May 08, 2003 at 11:14 (GMT -5)

Charisma is primarily for commanding companions (you can tame animals with music for example, pluss a couple of other methods (healing wounded monsters (asuming you didn't hurt them in the first place) or giving various items (gold to beggars, bones or sosages to dogs, rat corpses to cats etc.), don't expect any deep relationships though, companiosn just follow you around and attack stuff that attack you. You can also give them some basic orders (wait, move there, attack that, follow me) and the chance that they will obey those orders depend on your charisma.

Apperance (wich fancy clothes increse) is used to determine shop prices (race and carisma also play a minor role). If you are butt ugly people will charge you more and vice versa.

So Carisma is good for bards, but you can easily complete (ok easy is not the right word, but the other stats are much more important) the game with 1 in charisma and apperance (though you'll pay a lot more than you have to in shops)...

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 5/8/2003 at 11:16 (GMT -5) by Jan Erik]
Uncle Ned
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, May 08, 2003 at 16:26 (GMT -5)

Hmmm, I see - thanks for such a descriptive explanation. This will help me a lot.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: