Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / What a feeling!

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Uncle Ned
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, May 08, 2003 at 05:26 (GMT -5)

What is the most intense feeling you've had while playing ADOM?

When I first discovered the maintain village I was very excited.

Also when I first robbed the black market, and got away with it (via a handy little TELEPORTATION WAND!!!) the feeling was great!

What about when you first completed it (which I have yet to do). How did it feel??
Portrait
C
Registered user

Last page view:

6291 days, 52 minutes and 30 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, May 10, 2003 at 14:49 (GMT -5)

When I first finished adom, it was a relief, the game could be won.

qpax
Registered user

Last page view:

7393 days, 2 hours, 15 minutes and 19 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, October 03, 2003 at 08:51 (GMT -5)

It was when i managed to climb out of the rift by the library. I almost felt the wind blowing.
"I want ye to slay a female goblin slavemaster ghul. Return to me when you have succeded."
Egg king
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, October 05, 2003 at 09:59 (GMT -5)

Standing in H2H with the named Balor(forgot his name) and punching him to death with out using any healing or praying(Ok I was a monk but there was no cheating involved:)

First time I got Justifier was also pretty awesome as well(I didnt realize at the time just how good it is. One of the best IMHO)

Taking out a AKW with rocks infront of my girl friend was also very cool(She had promised to do something if I just managed to find one. So I ask hey what do I get if I kill it? reward goes up. So I ask what do I get if I kill it with rocks? reward goes up.She didnt realize how powerful an acher with whirlwind and a high sling skill is:)

Dying to the Banshee the first time I met it(Whats that green thing? whack! critical wounded it- screams =me dead:)
Jonesy*unlogged*
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, October 05, 2003 at 10:27 (GMT -5)

A very cool strategy to take out AKW's is to have

1-AOLS. You'll need it.
2-Wand of the Far Slaying(Need at LEAST one charge)
3-A lot of PP.

Put the amulet on, put as much PP as possible, fire away. The AKW will die, but you get saved because of the amulet.

Thanks to whoever posted this on RGRA. It's a very good strategy.

Portrait
Thoth
Registered user
The Scribe

Last page view:

6190 days, 18 hours, 44 minutes and 4 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, October 09, 2003 at 20:38 (GMT -5)

FINALLY RESCUING THAT DAMNED PUPPY FOR THE FIRST TIME! :D

--<>||<>--
Lavos
Registered user
Cardiovascular Endurance

Last page view:

7093 days, 21 hours, 47 minutes and 12 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, October 12, 2003 at 01:26 (GMT -5)

ive only done that one once. its really hard.

(:
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

5023 days, 3 hours, 44 minutes and 48 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, October 12, 2003 at 04:22 (GMT -5)

I once save scummed for a whole hour, trying to get through that cave. Being a druid makes it easier since the ants will leave you alone (though I have been attacked by the ants once, no idea why).

Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.
Jurne
Registered user

Last page view:

6662 days, 12 hours, 52 minutes and 53 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, October 19, 2003 at 02:10 (GMT -5)

Hehehe, my gnomish wizzies were saving the puppy every other game for a while... they were doin so good! These stupid humans can't even fight their toes...

You wish to kill me? Good thing I brought my psychic hamster named Hamster with me...
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5661 days, 19 hours, 42 minutes and 15 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, October 19, 2003 at 04:43 (GMT -5)

Boy, I must be an awesome player since I can save the puppy pretty often, like every other game or so:) Might be because I'm so used to the cave, I pretty much always start there unless I'm playing a really weak class like thief. Back when I was a total n00b I still played it over and over again till I could manage it.

Then again I've yet to get past the ToEF so I guess I'm not that good of a player. Actually, I've managed it once or twice but those chars then died to crashes or sth.

The puppy cave is pretty much about luck. If you are lucky and can get past the ants on level two (sometimes they're on level three also!) without fighting them, it's fairly easy from there on. Only fight the things you absolutely must, and hope to find the stairs quickly on level 5. Beware of dark rooms, the puppy is a whole lot faster than you(unless you're a bard who got heir) and can get in your way easily...

Then, for something ON topic. My most intense feeling? In 1.0.0 I had a troll barbarian, my only char to get anywhere in the game, usually I don't manage to get to the banshee or the master cat. It was awesome when I got him past the ToEF. He had four orbs, a whole lotta artifacts including Vanquisher, BoW and stuff... Got a 291 while cleaning a minor red dragon vault on ~D:46. That was an intense feeling. Maybe I should back up, but it's just too much of a hassle and would tempt me to scumming, so nah.
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 10/19/2003 at 08:40 (GMT -5) by J.]
Klavert -notloggedon
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, October 19, 2003 at 05:37 (GMT -5)

My most intense feeling was rescuing the puppy with a thief :D
That was really great.
Haven't finished the game yet, so that's not one of my best feelings :D
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

5023 days, 3 hours, 44 minutes and 48 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, October 22, 2003 at 05:45 (GMT -5)

Using Freezing Fury in ToEF and killing a LOT of monsters. I beat it for the first time yesterday.

Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: