Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Mistake in guidebook?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Kryllion
Registered user

Last page view:

7036 days, 20 hours, 49 minutes and 29 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, May 12, 2003 at 01:31 (GMT -5)

Either I'm the only one who's noticed this (I doubt it), it's old news to everyone here (more likely), or I'm a complete idiot (most likely), but:

I just got my butt whooped yet again. I had a "thin potion" in my backpack. Consulting the guidebook (the only one I know about is at http://www.andywlms.com/adom/adomgb-toc.html) I see that this potion increases my speed temporarily. As my PC falls to her knees, bloody, sick and confused, I figure a speed boost is likely not as important as other things I could be doing to save her, such as running into a wall in an attempt to get to the stairs.

So I don't drink the speed potion, and I die. So I decide to check out my post-mortem inventory and discover that I actually was carrying a blessed potion of Extra Healing, which would have QUITE come in handy... except that the guidebook points out that this is, indeed, a blue potion.

Am I the first to encounter this? The guidebook is an incredible piece of work, but I'm wondering whether I might be linked to an older version of it.

Cheers,

~Kryllion~
Master of the Screeching Humanling
Portrait
Ryan Klein
Registered user
Because I said so is why!

Last page view:

1648 days, 16 hours, 51 minutes and 19 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, May 12, 2003 at 02:22 (GMT -5)

It's "most likely" not "always" (unless specified.)

Portrait
Gordismo
Registered user
False God

Last page view:

7463 days, 12 hours, 49 minutes and 33 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, May 12, 2003 at 03:23 (GMT -5)

Aye, Ryan is a wise one, he is, heed what he says.

"The past is a ghost that haunts you from the moment it exists until the moment you don't"
Portrait
Ryan Klein
Registered user
Because I said so is why!

Last page view:

1648 days, 16 hours, 51 minutes and 19 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, May 12, 2003 at 04:11 (GMT -5)

thanks.

J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5657 days, 21 hours, 56 minutes and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, May 12, 2003 at 09:05 (GMT -5)

Yup the potions are quite random and differ from game to game pretty much. The only ones that are the same every time are 'watery potion' which is always a potion of water and an 'orange potion' is always carrot juice. Well there is an artifact potion (potions if you count the phial) and it's always the same (well it's an artifact, duh!).
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5657 days, 21 hours, 56 minutes and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, May 12, 2003 at 09:07 (GMT -5)

Hmm, checking the GB page for potions it doesn't mention the fact that the unid'd appearance isn't always the same. I think it used to and I think it still should.
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3110 days, 22 hours, 31 minutes and 28 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, May 12, 2003 at 09:43 (GMT -5)

There are 2 artefact potions - the phial and the 'sulphuric potion' (Potion of literacy).

A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
Kryllion
Registered user

Last page view:

7036 days, 20 hours, 49 minutes and 29 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, May 12, 2003 at 18:34 (GMT -5)

Many thanks... unlike "Zany Bar Night", I'll be sure to figure out what's in the bottle before it gets thrown down the ol' gullet.

~Kryllion~
Master of the Screeching Humanling

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: