Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Bug-temple bug???

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Fred
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, May 15, 2003 at 04:09 (GMT -5)

I read the adom guidebook found at andywlms webpage, and it states that at least 100 PC deaths must be recorded in the count file of adom to allow the players to venture into the bug-infested temple. However, after filling up the death count all the way to 100, I still cant go inside the place!!
By the way, I'm currently playing v.1.1.1, its the latest version.
Can anyone tell me what's causing the problem?
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5760 days, 3 hours, 54 minutes and 47 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, May 15, 2003 at 05:53 (GMT -5)

Whether or not you can go in the Bug Temple is determined at the start of your game. So saving the game and then killing off 100 new characters will not help - you will have to try to take a new character there.

If that's not the problem, I've heard rumours that it's based on the experience of your previous characters rather than just the number, which means that killing off 100 level 1 characters may not help.
Portrait
Warlord
Registered user
Wanderer of the Wastes

Last page view:

7527 days, 7 hours, 4 minutes and 29 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, May 15, 2003 at 05:54 (GMT -5)

A what? 100 deaths? Never heard of anything like that...if the place you mean is the place with tons of nasty bugs...well, I've been there with 0 deaths on my records...

What is this? Someone please explain.

- May the blood of thine enemies stain the ground -
Fred
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, May 15, 2003 at 06:37 (GMT -5)

Well, in the previous versions, it was possible to go there with no requirements. But form what I've read, it seems that the place gave a message of "have not seen enough incarnations" to players not having seen enough deaths yet. Maybe I'll just skip the level for now...damn!!
By the way, by "zero deaths", you mean to say that you just started to play ADOM (the latest version) and you managed to survive that place??!! If so, then congrats!! I heard that the said level is harder to beat
Fred
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, May 15, 2003 at 06:45 (GMT -5)

And since were on the subject, I would like to give a few info. It's a known fact for ADOM players that:

*claw bug corpses give -Wi and +Dx.
*The greater and killer bug corpses give more Dx but reduce even MORE Wi. (in short, you lose more)
*So with a food preservation of 100, a LOT of corpses will be generated.

So a spellcaster (like myself) COULD clean up the place, eat the corpses generated, and use morgia roots to increase my willpower (which would be at 1) back to ~25.

HOWEVER, there is a risk of being weakened temporarily...having Wi at 1 is pretty bad..

IF you were a spellcaster, would you eat the corpses, at the expense of losing Wi?
Yes  No
Check results

Portrait
Crimson King
Registered user

Last page view:

6315 days, 12 hours, 57 minutes and 56 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, May 15, 2003 at 08:58 (GMT -5)

After eating the corpses, you can always start playing with potions of exchange if feeling lucky... or if you have ALOT of them with you so you can experiment so long that you get the stats you want.

Joka vitsaa säästää, saa kaatumataudin
Portrait
Warlord
Registered user
Wanderer of the Wastes

Last page view:

7527 days, 7 hours, 4 minutes and 29 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, May 15, 2003 at 11:27 (GMT -5)

No, I haven't played 1.1.1...couldn't get it to run in full window, so I took 1.1.0 back. I never ran into that kind of restriction in 1.1.0

- May the blood of thine enemies stain the ground -
loser
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, May 16, 2003 at 20:36 (GMT -5)

i'm not very sure about this, but i think that there are two methods to enter the bug temple...

1) have a lot of death records

2) have MANY companion die in your journey, the main target here is the bard, who can play some music to the hordes of rats summoned by wererats, they will kill each other off and you will have a LOT of companion deaths...

could someone help me verify this please?
Fred
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, May 16, 2003 at 23:22 (GMT -5)

These are the exact words used:

Suddenly a ghostly dwarf with a particularly mangled body, dressed in the remains of chain mail and wielding a bloody axe, steps forward and addresses you.

"Adventurer, ye hast not seen 'nough incarnations to be deemed worthy to enter this sacred place."

"Return when ye hast seen more death and suffering and art prepared for what awaits ye."

With this the ghost legion grimly prevents your passage!

And I think that by incarnations, they are trying to say that the death of the PC counts, not his companions...
But this is just my opinion, no proof to back it up.
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5658 days, 17 hours, 13 minutes and 47 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, May 17, 2003 at 04:24 (GMT -5)

It's the number of player characters that have been played that counts. When you start a new character the game reads the file adom.cnt from the data folder to see how many games you've played. So if you can't get in with your current character you'll never get in with him no matter if you start and suicide 100 new characters. But then your following chars will be able to get in.

Also I think this file isn't deleted/overwritten when you install a new copy of adom in the same folder as the old version so you might get in the first time you play a new version.
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: