Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Cheating

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 3 pages long.
Go to page 1 2 3
Jonesy
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2003 at 22:48 (GMT -5)

Actually you don't. Here is how to get a wand of wishing. (GET A HEX EDITOR!).
Hi all,

Here is what I do to get a wand of wishing. Note that the item you drop does not have to be a wand. I usually use one gold piece (or a torch if I'm playing a monk or something that doesn't start with gold).

1. Start a game of ADOM. Use any race/class combo you like.

2. Enter Terinyo. Drop an item (any item), then exit the screen.

3. Open Hackman (see bottom for more info), and locate and open the file 'adtl05_1'. This should be in the adom_dat/tmpdat subfolder of your ADOM folder.

4. Do a search (needs to be in hex mode) for "1404", minus the quotes. The
first location should be the right one.

5. If you dropped a gold piece, you should see "2500" directly after the
"1404". It may be on the next line down. Of course, if you dropped something
else, the value will be different.

6. Change the "2500" (or whatever) to "3E01". This changes the item to a wand
of wishing.

7. Click on where it says "3E", then hit the down key 7 times. This will take
the location forward 112 bits.

8. Type this (I have put spaces into it to make it more readable, don't type
the spaces): FF FF FF 7F This will give your new wand tons of charges.

9. Hit F5 to save the file and close Hackman.

10. Re-enter Terinyo in ADOM. The game will crash. However, it saves your
game before crashing :)

11. Re-open ADOM and load your now successfully hacked game :)

P.S. There is now a link to the Hackman website in the Links section of this group.

Portrait
Warlord
Registered user
Wanderer of the Wastes

Last page view:

7525 days, 58 minutes and 40 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2003 at 13:55 (GMT -5)

Thnx, I had great fun experimenting with the WoW ;)

- May the blood of thine enemies stain the ground -
Jonesy
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2003 at 15:41 (GMT -5)

No problem.:) I like my WoW too. Hehe...... (crowning is very easy. I was level 15, 'O'ffered about 500,000 GP. Easy!)
Portrait
Warlord
Registered user
Wanderer of the Wastes

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2003 at 19:03 (GMT -5)

Crowning is child play, what I like more are those nice weapons and stuff I try. Also, keeping a stockpile of AoLSs is quite nice.
Funny thing though, never had found a AoLS before I got the Wish spell a few weeks back, and haven't found any afterwards, and now with the wand, I got several. So I went to the outlaw village to check the price the shopkeeper would give me, and there it was. He was selling a AoLS for 15k gold...never thought he'd have anything really useful for sale and now this.
And he was willing to give me 300 gp for a blessed AoLS =D

J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5656 days, 11 hours, 7 minutes and 58 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, June 15, 2003 at 04:25 (GMT -5)

Jonesy, it would be nice to give credit to 'Clint' (whoever he is) who wrote that info at cheatinginadom(a yahoo group). Especially since his name was the only thing you left out when you copy&pasted that from cheatinginadom. You could've also cut out the P.S. as I see no links section in this 'group' right here...
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Ratto
Registered user
MaGiC aNd PoWeR

Last page view:

7422 days, 22 hours, 16 minutes and 28 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, June 15, 2003 at 05:29 (GMT -5)

=) lol

DaRk ElF PoWeR
Portrait
Warlord
Registered user
Wanderer of the Wastes

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, June 15, 2003 at 05:33 (GMT -5)

OMG! ROFL! =D

Jonesy
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, June 16, 2003 at 23:37 (GMT -5)

Actually, it wasn't even Clint's. He stole it from the rec.adom group. It was a topic on there. (There are two versions of the same file). (Credit for the second (simplfied) goes to Clint, AKA Coandcob, on the Cheatinginadom group) (Credit for the first goes to someone else.) You can also figure out other hex numbers for other items this way. Now, what to do with a wand of death ray (255 charges).....

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 6/16/2003 at 23:44 (GMT -5) by its author]
J.
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, June 17, 2003 at 04:13 (GMT -5)

IIRC, there are lists of items and which offsets to change for different attributes of the item there at cheatinginadom. Either that or I don't have any clue how they ended up on my hard drive:) A very easy cheat is to first get a PoGA(for example with that WoWi(2000000000charges), then edit it blessed and so you have 99 of them. Or you can bless it first in the game and after that edit it so you have 99 of them. Either way works.

Also, you all know how you can't copy/paste temp files in the new versions right? Well, if you want a copy of a certain item (say, an artifact) or want to transfer an item to another character(oh, BoW right from the start thank you) you can search for that item in the appropriate temp file and copy/paste the 10 rows of hex that affect the item to another file.

So, the next item on our wish list: crc check for the temp files thank you very much:)

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 6/17/2003 at 04:14 (GMT -5) by J.]
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3748 days, 57 minutes and 48 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, June 17, 2003 at 11:24 (GMT -5)

This could be a great way to research exactly what's resistant to death ray (and other spells) and what isn't....

Die Gedanken sind Frei

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 6/17/2003 at 11:24 (GMT -5) by Iridia]
Sami (-_-) \m/
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, June 17, 2003 at 15:41 (GMT -5)

The way I cheat in adom is pretty simple...
I savescum next to a pool, so that I get all the resitances, the frog quest, if I'm playing female and wishes =)a pity there so rare.. took quite a time for me when I decided to get some good ecuipment for my level 1 barbarian ^_^
Sami
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, June 17, 2003 at 15:41 (GMT -5)

sorry, equipment
typo
Sami
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, June 17, 2003 at 15:59 (GMT -5)

So, here's a example of what I've managed to get in about 30 minutes

- 3 Le, 2 Dx, 1 St, 1 Ap, 1 Ch
- 3 Eternium plate mails
- 3 Eternium tower shields
- All the resitances, each one =)
Portrait
Warlord
Registered user
Wanderer of the Wastes

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2003 at 07:23 (GMT -5)

And with the other way combined with my own way, I got this in 30 mins:

ALL skills
ALL stats 99
ALL spells
ALL weaponskills 15
As much equipment as I care to wish for, somethings like eternium plates, eternium arrows of penetration (200), whip of slaughterin, eternium scimitar of mayhem...amulets of life saving, rings of elemental mastery...almost anything. All items blessed and waterproofed. oh and acid immunity from a giant slug. Also killed a few nasties like Great Wyrms, Molochs, ancient dragons and stuff. An eternium Golem is a nice first kill ;) Not too many of them running around, eh?

Portrait
Ass Whisper
Registered user
the Orcish Bard

Last page view:

7428 days, 17 hours, 31 minutes and 28 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2003 at 07:55 (GMT -5)

Can u wish for prefixes/suffixes? Like wicked eternium two-handed sword of devastation!?!?! I tried it in ver1.0.0 where suffixes were introduced, but it didn't work at all :-(

Never wasted a wish afterwards... so does it work in 1.1.1? Hunessly?

Icesus
J.
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2003 at 09:16 (GMT -5)

No, you cannot wish for pre/suffixes.

Warlord how do you cheat your weaponskills up?

Portrait
Warlord
Registered user
Wanderer of the Wastes

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2003 at 09:55 (GMT -5)

The same I cheat most of my inventory, stats, spells and skill levels. I got a GameHack file which has all those addresses found, but it works only in 1.1.0 (some of them work in the newest, but all spells, skills and stuff are mixed up in the newest; stats work though).

I just got this most amazing bug yesterday. I hacked my level and my exp to stay frozen, and then killed a wyrm. The exp holder doesn't change bak until game progresses, so I went up a level (which is turned back down right after I do something). Well, anyways, it was time to get a new talent, so I took the one that gives +6 hp. For some strange twist of fate, my hp jumped up several hundred ks! So I had like 250k hp! Tried to change it back, but the value is hidden (the max hp value) some unknown way to me, so my char was stuck with übergodlike hp. It changed to 10k after next level up, but still pretty much ;)

If anyone wants my gamehack table, give the e-mail. You need a registered GameHack for it to work (I use version 2.0), but if you can't get a regged version, I can tell you how to find the right addresses.

Jonesy
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2003 at 13:34 (GMT -5)

Heres a quick tip. Instead of putting one GP down, put down 255. Then, open ADOM and (figure out hex for these itmes) and change it to whatever item you want. You get 255 of them. :). Nice. Now, I just need to figure out where the blessing and items stats are.

Now my phase daggers are +11 to accuracy, and +20 to hit. :)!
J.
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2003 at 17:56 (GMT -5)

I will repeat myself and tell you to check out the cheatinginadom group @ yahoo @ http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cheatinginadom/

They have tables how to hex edit the item's stats. Most of them at least, like to hit and damage modifiers, stat modifiers and number of items, they're blessed state and so forth. Here's a peek:

offset	size	description
0000	1 dword	type of item. dependent upon 3 other tables
0004	1 dword	identified
0008	1 dword	blessing state known
000c	1 dword	? still testing
0010	1 dword	cooked (boolean; 01 if object has been cooked)
0014		?  (nearly always 0xFFFFFFFF)
0018    1 dword ?  (nearly always 0x00000000)
001C    1 dword blessing state (0=cursed; 1=uncursed; 2=blessed; 3=strange)
0020   32 bytes name of the object (ASCIIZ string - ended in 0x00)
0040	1 dword	prefix modifiers (generally 0x00000000) (see table #0003)
0044	1 dword	suffix modifiers (generally 0xffffffff) (see table #0004)
0048	1 dword	PV modifier
004c		DV mod
0050		to hit bonus
0054		Damage Bonus when used in melee combat
0058		number of dice (points of damage for melee)
005c		number of dice * dice sides (points of damage for melee)
0060		Hit Bonus when used as missile
0064		Damage Bonus when used as missile
0068		number of dice (points of damage for missiles)
006c		number of dice * dice sides (points of damage for missiles)
0070		charge for wands
0074		affected attribute for Artifacts, or kind of Spellbook,
                	corpse, statue or figurine (see equipmnt.lst, table #0002)
0078		modifier for affected attribute (eg: St+15)
007c		number of instances of this object
0080		rusty
0084		broken
0088		unpaid
008c		? still testing
0090		poisoned
0094		?
0098		?

Notice how the variables come after each other in multiples of four. Also all the rusty, broken etc are boolean (0=false,1=true) I think.

If you want to copy an item copy&paste ten lines of hex from where the item starts to another temp file. Those ten lines contain all the information the game tracks of an item.

[Edited 2 times, last edit on 6/18/2003 at 18:00 (GMT -5) by J.]
Jonesy
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2003 at 17:59 (GMT -5)

Wasn't that list from G16p2? If so, it's not relevant (Thomas changed the makeup since then, believe me.)
J.
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2003 at 18:01 (GMT -5)

Um, works for me :) At least the basic things, blessed, broken, damage values etc.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 6/18/2003 at 18:02 (GMT -5) by J.]
stevehz01
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, July 07, 2003 at 14:06 (GMT -5)

the windows beta is much easier, note, I have played and won w/noscumming, I'm experimenting now.
load the ADOM file into its normal directory
in that dir make a new folder called savedg<the REAL savedg is in a subfolder> after you save your game the NORMAL way, go into the ADOM su-folder "savedg" COPY, NOT cut, the name of the char you want to back up, the exit back to the main folder... goto your own savedg folder, then PASTE the file into it...instant backup, now you can play in the bug temple without fear<G>. Keep in mind scumming a legit game is a learning tool, Iv'e played for YEARS and won exactly ONE time, but just like CIV, thats the fun, but a legit win involves no scumming...
enjoy.
J.
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, July 08, 2003 at 04:26 (GMT -5)

Hate to tell you but I think everybody knows how to savescum. And I think ever since the day you could save in the game you could do it so it's not really windows beta only. Sorry:)

Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3748 days, 57 minutes and 48 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, July 08, 2003 at 07:31 (GMT -5)

Didn't we have someone in here asking how to get into towns and dungeons though? :) Savescumming is at least a little more complicated than that...

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Jonesy
Registered user
Liberate Te Ex Inferis

Last page view:

6498 days, 4 hours, 56 minutes and 32 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, July 08, 2003 at 13:20 (GMT -5)

Question, J.. How do you edit those values up there? I'm thinking either using Gentrain (General Trainer) or savefile editing. How did you edit it?

"If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him."- Voltaire
"Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven."- John Milton, Paradise Lost
"Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth, follow only beauty, and obey only love."- Kahlil Gibran
"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it."- Voltaire.
"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."-Salman Rushdie
J.
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, July 08, 2003 at 14:58 (GMT -5)

Use some hexeditor. I downloaded Hackman because cheatinginadom had a link to it. What's Gentrain?:)

EDIT: I told the link to cheatinginadom earlier in this thread. Here's the link to Hackman's homepage: http://www.technologismiki.com/en/

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 7/8/2003 at 15:02 (GMT -5) by J.]
bolgron
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, July 16, 2003 at 15:07 (GMT -5)

I dropped a coin and exited the game and there isnt a file in the temp dir. any ideas why?
Portrait
Ass Whisper
Registered user
the Orcish Bard

Last page view:

7428 days, 17 hours, 31 minutes and 28 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, July 16, 2003 at 15:51 (GMT -5)

Doesn't the game empty the temp dir when u exit? It should! I think that those kind of hacks are supposed to do while the game is running... dunno, not my thing..

Icesus
Portrait
Warlord
Registered user
Wanderer of the Wastes

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, July 16, 2003 at 17:22 (GMT -5)

That's right, you aren't supposed to exit the game.

Drop the coin, exit the village and alt+tab out (or windows key or whatever if you are running full window) and then use the editor. Those cheats that require exiting the game are usually caught by the not-so-genious anti-cheat-system (yah, got grudges against it...take a game crash, the autosave from it [if you get one] and voila! the antic. thinks you cheated and you are out of luck :( lost a dozen promising chars TODAY to it).

Djinni
Registered user
don't rub MY ring

Last page view:

7055 days, 4 hours, 20 minutes and 25 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, August 24, 2003 at 14:24 (GMT -5)

i tried using a hex editor and got some pretty strange results, i was wanting to play around with a WoW so i followed the steps above.

When i restarted the game, i found myself on the very west side of the map next to the minotaur maze & i was completely unable to '>' my way into any locations although i could walk around in the wilderness as much as i pleased (couldnt scale the mountains without climbing set tho...)

has anyone else found this happening to them?
Go to page 1 2 3

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: