Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / New Eternium Man strategy

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

_Iridia
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, May 21, 2003 at 10:38 (GMT -5)

I was playing a dwarven druid the other day, and managed to get myself stuck in the SmC early in the game. I was trapped in a passage, and I lasted until level 13 with the non-hostile animals generated on either side of me protecting me (and gaining experience as they did). I also found a spellbook with a healing spell, which came in very useful to heal my "protectors". I eventually got killed when I ran out of animals, but still... an interesting strategy.
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5765 days, 8 minutes and 16 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, May 21, 2003 at 10:50 (GMT -5)

Well done! How did you gain XP yourself though? Did you come out from between the friendly animals to fight, then hide between them again when you needed to heal?

Perhaps you could refine this strategy by sheltering between two hell hounds and zapping fire bolts through them at everything else. Or would that turn them hostile in spite of their fire resistance?
Fred
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, May 22, 2003 at 03:57 (GMT -5)

Firing at neutral or tame monsters, even though they're immune/resistant to the bolt, seems to make them hostile. There's one ray that doesn't always seem to make monsters hostile, and that's stun ray. But I'm not too sure...

Anyway, dont fire at your companions, regardless of their resistance or immunity!!

To _Iridia:
Btw, are you the same Iridia that started a thread about the talents in the spoiler section?
_Iridia
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, May 22, 2003 at 17:53 (GMT -5)

Yes, that's me. I'm just to lazy to log in right now.

I got most of my experience by firing Divine Wrath (the spellbook I started with) at things, after I switched places with a non-hostile to get near to a hostile monster that the non-hostile had gotten down to a decent number of hit points.
Fred
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, May 23, 2003 at 10:53 (GMT -5)

To Iridia:

If it's not too much trouble, could you please send the list of the talents? You posted it on the talents thread, but we have got it yet... thanks!
Fred
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, June 02, 2003 at 15:33 (GMT -5)

Hey Iridia, you still there?

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: