Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Herbs

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
noidentity
Registered user

Last page view:

7545 days, 4 hours, 25 minutes and 16 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, June 07, 2003 at 21:15 (GMT -5)

I'm a little confused about the the morgia roots and the moss of mareilon. I know that I am supposed to eat the morgia roots and use the moss of mareilon so that I can exercise my dexterity toughness and willpower, but no matter how much that I use/eat there never seems to be a change...

Is there something that I am doing wrong?
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3089 days, 10 hours, 32 minutes and 37 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, June 08, 2003 at 06:18 (GMT -5)

Wait. Plain and simple - every couple of turns the game checks if you trained/abused some stat and increases/decreases it. THere is an extra check each time you level up. Eat only 4 morgia roots (or 8 if your stats reached the limit) and use only 2 Mosses (the moss abuses dex if cursed, roots work every time). Wait some time (press shift+; and then "w" a couple of times) and notice an increase :) Then eat another 4 roots, use 2 moses until your at the limit. To increase the limit eat 8/4 and wait again until the games tells you that "you feel good about your Toughness&Willpower, Dexterity" and start again.
Hope this helps.

A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5636 days, 9 hours, 57 minutes and 45 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, June 08, 2003 at 15:33 (GMT -5)

If you're at your natural limit, you have to eat/use 4/2 to raise your limit, then another 4/2 to raise the stat, which means a 8/4 total. You don't need more. Also, the limit to training with herbs is 25(you can get one or two points more if you eat/use many more and/or have a natural starting limit of more than 25).
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Portrait
Ass Whisper
Registered user
the Orcish Bard

Last page view:

7408 days, 16 hours, 21 minutes and 15 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, June 08, 2003 at 18:05 (GMT -5)

Not to mention about the limit with herbs.. They don't kick off so efficiently after stat is sumthing like 30... or doesn't work at all anymore...

Icesus
Portrait
noidentity
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, June 08, 2003 at 20:50 (GMT -5)

Ok thanks all, thats exactly what I wanted to know.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 6/8/2003 at 20:51 (GMT -5) by noidentity]
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5636 days, 9 hours, 57 minutes and 45 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, June 09, 2003 at 09:56 (GMT -5)

Ass man I thought I said it pretty clearly but can be that my post can be a bit messy.

And more about herbs: for growth patterns, planting&harvesting tips and more check Andy Williams' guidebook http://www.andywlms.com/adom :)
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Portrait
noidentity
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, June 09, 2003 at 16:16 (GMT -5)

I know, plant by 2x2 is the best way to plant them.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: