Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / The Village Druid

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

boehse
Registered user

Last page view:

7587 days, 13 hours, 7 minutes and 22 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, June 08, 2003 at 11:33 (GMT -5)

The Druid in the first city don't give me any Quests..... why?
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3089 days, 3 hours, 29 minutes and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, June 08, 2003 at 11:44 (GMT -5)

If you talked to the elder first he won't give you any. You have to choose from the druid quest (hard as hell for a low-lvl PC) which will give you herbalism or book&wand of frost bolt and an artefact (black torc) or the elder quest (healing&bridge building).

A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
Portrait
Crimson King
Registered user

Last page view:

6292 days, 22 hours, 38 minutes and 53 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, June 08, 2003 at 11:50 (GMT -5)

Also, I want to point out that the druid gives you a quest after you have reached lvl 30.

Joka vitsaa säästää, saa kaatumataudin
boehse
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, June 08, 2003 at 11:53 (GMT -5)

ok...
so should I kill the evil druid anyway... ? #

and another question...
In the Cave with the evil Druid there's a Stairs leeding downwards, but I can't pass it.... why?

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 6/8/2003 at 12:02 (GMT -5) by boehse]
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3727 days, 16 hours, 44 minutes and 34 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, June 08, 2003 at 13:04 (GMT -5)

If the Village Elder gave you his quest, the evil druid won't even appear, so you needn't worry about him.

Which makes me wonder who in the world you are talking about in your second question...

Are you in Darkforge (the place with all the steel golems)? That place has stairs going down that you can't pass. The little h in there is an artificer, and he assigns you quests which, as a reward, give you corrupting artifacts. Don't bother with the quests unless you're trying to maximize artifact generation. You can kill him if you like, I suppose, but he's initially nonhostile, so watch your alignment.

Die Gedanken sind Frei
boehse
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, June 08, 2003 at 13:16 (GMT -5)

So what to do in this cave? ^^

... and Iridia... are you german?
May I please contact you by EMail or any Instant Messanger?

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 6/8/2003 at 13:45 (GMT -5) by boehse]
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5737 days, 13 hours, 35 minutes and 44 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, June 08, 2003 at 14:04 (GMT -5)

What to do in Darkforge? Explore it, kill the steel golems, drink from the pools if you need wishes, collect the stuff from the weapon and armour rooms and the Crown of Science (in a secret room).

Kherab, the dwarven artificer, is really tough, and I wouldn't advise trying to kill him.
boehse
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, June 08, 2003 at 15:00 (GMT -5)

I backuped my savegame because I wanted to know what happens if I kill him... wasn't a problem at all... ^^
But I don't know what to do now... I'm playing a drakish barbarian lv. 19... done all quest so far I could find.... but what to do now?
(That's why I'm looking for somebody to chat with..)

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 6/8/2003 at 15:01 (GMT -5) by boehse]
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5737 days, 13 hours, 35 minutes and 44 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, June 09, 2003 at 04:15 (GMT -5)

What quests has your drakish barbarian done already? Are you actually stuck (you've reached a point in the dungeons where you can't go any further) or are you happily going down the Caverns of Chaos, but just wondering what's going to happen next?

Talking to Thrundarr (the ancient dwarf in the dwarven city) is a very good thing to do. Keep talking to him about "quest" and doing as he says, until he tells you he has no more quests. Maybe you've found a big stone portal blocking the stairs down? Go ask Thrundarr about it, and he'll tell you how to get past.

The point of the game is to save the world from the forces of Chaos. Maybe you're wondering how you'll achieve this. Khelavaster knows a lot about it; have you met him yet? Try to find him an amulet of life saving, and he'll not only tell you how to save the world, but also give you a lovely reward.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 6/9/2003 at 04:16 (GMT -5) by Ekaterin]
boehse
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, June 09, 2003 at 04:30 (GMT -5)

Yes, I've done all the dwarfen quests.....
But my Problem is that I've killed more than 100 animated forests...
So I didn't manage yet to pass the animated forest even one time more.... ^^
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3727 days, 16 hours, 44 minutes and 34 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, June 09, 2003 at 05:20 (GMT -5)

Yes, I'm German; but I've lived in America for fourteen years now, ever since second grade. So I suppose I'm both! :) I actually speak English better than German; odd, I suppose, but not surprising. I don't use Instant messenger, though... sorry...

Yes.. the Animated Forest is tough. You would do best with a source of invisibility; that and controlled teleport makes it quite easy. If you can't get *through* the Animated Forest, you may try getting *past* it by going through the Dwarven Halls. Watch out for dangerous *foo*s though; the Dwarven Halls are famous for things like greater molochs and gorgons... Controlled teleport and/or magic mapping (scroll, spell, or crystal) makes it much safer.

Also try asking the Dwarven Elder about "Portal". That opens up the graveyard in the mountains to the south of the swamp.

Die Gedanken sind Frei
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5636 days, 2 hours, 54 minutes and 44 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, June 09, 2003 at 10:12 (GMT -5)

I personally prefer the dwarven halls to the animated forest. It's just so much faster. Just bring some means of teleportation and your fine. Though, at times you can get a bit unlucky. My last char, a drakish barbarian, had a 'threaten' room(without the warning) full of great black wyrms(the ones that are always named) right next to the room where he entered in DH:1. He got wasted immediately when he saw them: guess he wasn't the only one who could spit acid :D
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 6/9/2003 at 10:13 (GMT -5) by J.]
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3089 days, 3 hours, 29 minutes and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, June 09, 2003 at 10:42 (GMT -5)

I did too. At least until my promising char met a Balor. I escaped (blessed 7LB), but he teleported ON the stairway 2 turns before I got there :[

A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 6/9/2003 at 10:44 (GMT -5) by Maelstrom]

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: