Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / bard question

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

diablo2
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, June 09, 2003 at 23:30 (GMT -5)

i know a lot of people say they love bards but are they really strategically powerful? (they get tons of bonuses as they advance but i dont know if it really is that big of an impact) in a way they are kind of mage/fighter/rogue types
Portrait
Ass Whisper
Registered user
the Orcish Bard

Last page view:

7430 days, 19 hours, 49 minutes and 23 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, June 10, 2003 at 03:56 (GMT -5)

For starters, bards can receive almost ANY skill at the beginning, so luck really counts w/ bards. And at level 25 they receive even more new skills.
This usually gives brand new skills 'cos bards have high dices in skill advancements (4d5) and ~6 of them per level, so the skill are usually at 100 pretty soon...

Also, bards advance pretty quick in weapons skills, compared to pure spellcasters, and they advance automatically @ level 12. They receive free spells @ level 18 and the rest of the special bonuses are equally great. Not to mention 'bout the free talent...

I consider bards a bit too easy to play, played the game three times thru w/ bard, so it's not so fun anymore...

'bout the skills, check my old flg file from ADOM 0.9.9g16pre2, a human bard w/ massive skill list w/ minor scumming (not much potions of education), just saved for sleeping & other real-life-stuff...

Icesus
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5658 days, 13 hours, 25 minutes and 53 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, June 10, 2003 at 05:10 (GMT -5)

Back in the day before talents, bards where the ones who always got the best equipment because of their luck. They seem to have better luck than others. Nowadays people just pick treasure hunter which equals things up a bit. BUT, you can(and should) always take treasure hunter with a bard also. Just for extra fun play a gnome for a good chance to get four talents in the beginning to get those blessed 7LBs right from the start :)
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: