Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Tactics

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Greased Lightning
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, June 12, 2003 at 17:53 (GMT -5)

What are your favourite/best game tactics?I mean which race/class combo and how do you play them?What is the most effective?
Portrait
Ass Whisper
Registered user
the Orcish Bard

Last page view:

7436 days, 8 hours, 31 minutes and 29 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2003 at 03:08 (GMT -5)

I used to play lost of bards 'cos they can get almost any skill for starters, can cast & melee etc.

Got bored, then played a gnomish elementalist, which was very powerful. Also human/d-elf assassins are fun. Farmers gain also pretty fast that polearm skill (for TotRR!) and are fun to play.

For a bit more difficult endgame, monks are good fighting barehanded, but u can forget 'bout artifact weapons and so on... I play almost anything except beastfighter, druid, ranger or merchant. Fava race is orc, but they get lousy starting stats, but sacrificing melee weapons is a good trait.

Icesus
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3117 days, 2 hours, 42 minutes and 51 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2003 at 09:17 (GMT -5)

My favourite (used the most) tactic is take an orcish barbarian, go to the SMC and UD and kill stuff until he dies. If he lives through that, and the HMV, he might be good, so I take him to the CoC to find out and die. :D

A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
Orc Man v2
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2003 at 09:32 (GMT -5)

Orcish Weaponsmiths. Go through UD and find a forge. Then go to the puppy cave with alot of food, go to the ant level, and sit down and wait for them to mine for me, go back to forge with my new ore and start smithing. Usually if they can live through this they'll go pretty far.
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3755 days, 15 hours, 57 minutes and 49 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2003 at 11:21 (GMT -5)

Oh, now, dwarven druids are good for harvesting ore... the ant hive on PC:2 is always nonhostile, unless you accidentally attack one or something.

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Greased Lightning
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2003 at 16:41 (GMT -5)

i agree gnomish wizards and elementalists are really good fun to play. They level up fast and get good talents on spellcaster tree. When I play bards I struggle to keep them alive!How do ppl get so far in game at such low lvls?
buttnuggett
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, June 16, 2003 at 17:21 (GMT -5)

bards level up pretty quick and get equipped with great stuff. if you can stand the boredom, scum the ID for an hour or so, if you live, you can go far.

i've only played one druid, he closed the gate. was invincible. no one could touch him. grey elf of course.

archers are a safe bet too. i love that you can shoot arrows in any direction unlike spells.
Portrait
Ass Whisper
Registered user
the Orcish Bard

Last page view:

7436 days, 8 hours, 31 minutes and 29 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, June 16, 2003 at 18:13 (GMT -5)

Huh, never played a druid that far... I hate when u have cave full of nonhostiles blocking the passages... invincible, heh ?-) (sudden interest)

Icesus
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5765 days, 12 hours, 48 minutes and 59 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, June 17, 2003 at 05:40 (GMT -5)

I like druids because they make it easy to refrain from killing cats. If you want to get rid of a nonhostile, shoot an arrow through it. It will then turn hostile and can safely be killed. To the best of my knowledge, this is not a chaotic act.

Healers are nice too. They learn weapon skills like a fighter, and they have Alertness and Find Weakness, but they also do just fine with spellbooks. Most of their special abilities are useful too.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 6/17/2003 at 05:42 (GMT -5) by Ekaterin]
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3755 days, 15 hours, 57 minutes and 49 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, June 17, 2003 at 11:19 (GMT -5)

For getting rid of worm infestations with druids, I've noticed that casting bolt spells doesn't seem to affect your alignment nearly as much as attacking in melee.

Of course, it's better just to switch places with them, but sometimes you'll want to get rid of them, for example when you're trying to lead things to an altar on that level, when you have to get the puppy or the carpenter through, or when you're harvesting herbs, mining for ore, etc. on that level.

Die Gedanken sind Frei

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 6/17/2003 at 11:22 (GMT -5) by Iridia]
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5664 days, 2 hours, 7 minutes and 59 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, June 17, 2003 at 13:22 (GMT -5)

Just a reminder: remember to wear a blessed amulet of balance when committing chaotic acts to minimize the effect it'll have on your alignment.

If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 6/17/2003 at 13:22 (GMT -5) by J.]

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: