Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Eternium Man

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 2 pages long.
Go to page 1 2
Portrait
Jonesy
Registered user
Liberate Te Ex Inferis

Last page view:

6498 days, 23 hours, 39 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2003 at 12:56 (GMT -5)

My little brother (Lord_Neo) is trying to get the Eternium Man challenege completed. So far, he is level 21, and has loads of items. (Getting to level 50 may take a while.....).

The Somewhat Apish corruption helped him enormously. (Gah, he's been playing for 14 hours straight....)

"If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him."- Voltaire
"Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven."- John Milton, Paradise Lost
"Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth, follow only beauty, and obey only love."- Kahlil Gibran
"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it."- Voltaire.
"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."-Salman Rushdie
Sami
Registered user
The addict

Last page view:

7602 days, 9 hours, 9 minutes and 34 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2003 at 13:54 (GMT -5)

What race-class combination is he using?

I am the wound and the blade!
I am the slap and the cheek,
I am the limbs and the wheel,
The victim and the executioner!
-Heautontimouroumenos
Charles Baudelaire
Portrait
Jonesy
Registered user
Liberate Te Ex Inferis

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2003 at 17:01 (GMT -5)

High Elven Ranger, I think. Also, he's doomed and cursed.

"Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth, follow only beauty, and obey only love."- Kahlil Gibran
"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it."- Voltaire.
"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."-Salman Rushdie
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3748 days, 19 hours, 40 minutes and 21 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2003 at 20:17 (GMT -5)

Doomed and cursed, huh? How'd you manage that one?

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Jonesy
Registered user
Liberate Te Ex Inferis

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2003 at 21:06 (GMT -5)

I think he struck a karmic lizard.
Oh crap, my brother says he died. Acid blast, ate trough his AoLS. Oh well. Level 24, I think he got to.....

Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, June 27, 2003 at 02:05 (GMT -5)

24 is very good :)

Die Gedanken sind Frei
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5657 days, 5 hours, 50 minutes and 31 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, June 27, 2003 at 09:01 (GMT -5)

That's true especially if he was cursed and doomed. I don't wanna know how hard it gets there when doomed :)

If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Portrait
Jonesy
Registered user
Liberate Te Ex Inferis

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, June 27, 2003 at 09:42 (GMT -5)

Very hard, I'd expect. I was looking over his shoulder when he was using blessed stethacope and the monsters were all levels 47-56. Of course, by then he had like 350 hp.

Jurne
Registered user

Last page view:

6657 days, 23 hours, 1 minute and 9 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, June 27, 2003 at 13:33 (GMT -5)

What's eternium man challenge again? I can't find it, doh.

You wish to kill me? Good thing I brought my psychic hamster named Hamster with me...
J.
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, June 27, 2003 at 15:03 (GMT -5)

From start, go to the SMC and level up to lvl 50. Simple as that. It's extremely difficult, maybe impossible, because monsters generated there are about twice your level.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Portrait
Jonesy
Registered user
Liberate Te Ex Inferis

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, June 27, 2003 at 15:04 (GMT -5)

At least he made it half-way. :).

Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5758 days, 16 hours, 31 minutes and 31 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, June 27, 2003 at 15:05 (GMT -5)

The Eternium Man challenge is to go straight to the small cave and not leave until you're level 50. It's VERY difficult because the monsters in there get tougher and tougher as you gain experience. In fact, no-one has come close to succeeding at it.
Jurne
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, June 27, 2003 at 19:01 (GMT -5)

Hey, is there a challenge that you like dive the infinite dungeon or something?

You wish to kill me? Good thing I brought my psychic hamster named Hamster with me...
J.
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, June 27, 2003 at 19:40 (GMT -5)

That's ironman. You go to the ID, always descend immediately when you spot the stairs(no delay allowed for any reason, for example, after you can see the stairs you can't go the other way to pick up an item). Descend all the way to the SIL level and take the sceptre of chaos. Then go all the way back up and leave the chain.

Oh yeah and of course on the way down you can't go back up and on the way up you can't go down.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 6/27/2003 at 19:44 (GMT -5) by J.]
Portrait
Wheyon
Registered user

Last page view:

7560 days, 18 hours, 45 minutes and 30 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, June 27, 2003 at 20:58 (GMT -5)

Ive tried Ironman quite a bit. But almost always die from snake pits. Maybe a drakeling theif would be alert enough dectect to detect the traps. Its a pain tryin to get the right sign too.

My favourite piece of graffitti I ever was on a bathroom stall: "People who write here are FAAGS!"
Jurne
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, June 27, 2003 at 22:18 (GMT -5)

Kewlkewl, I'm gonna try ironman.
I'm thinkin either a hurtling mindcrafter, or wizard... hard choice.

Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, June 28, 2003 at 12:51 (GMT -5)

Try a tough race (dwarf or orc, troll if you don't tend to have food problems) which can survive the snake bites, or a spellcaster or archer, which can kill them at a distance. You should have to fight your way through a dark elf's summonings sooner or later, anyway.

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Jurne
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, June 28, 2003 at 17:16 (GMT -5)

Yea, mindcrafters aren't cutting it
Hey, for ironman, whatif u see an item next to the staircase, so u go diagonal to get it?

Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3110 days, 6 hours, 25 minutes and 23 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, June 28, 2003 at 17:26 (GMT -5)

The first Ironman I tried didn't even get to the ID :D
Orcish beastfighter killed by hill orcs. (ironic isn't it?)

A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
Jurne
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, June 28, 2003 at 19:00 (GMT -5)

Lol, sounds like fun

Portrait
Jonesy
Registered user
Liberate Te Ex Inferis

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, June 28, 2003 at 19:41 (GMT -5)

For the Ironman game, you HAVE to go down the stairs once you see them. :). I'd like to see who can go the lowest, even by cheating.

Oh and trolls take a lot longer to get to level 50, so your quest should be done (for troll) at level 32.

Jurne
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, June 28, 2003 at 21:44 (GMT -5)

Wait a minute, wat's this about levels? *is totally confused*

Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, June 29, 2003 at 02:03 (GMT -5)

He's referring to eternium man, I think, and that trolls should win at level 32 instead of 50 because of the high XP requirement for gaining levels.

Anyone know the highest level a legit Eternium Man attempt has gotten to?

Die Gedanken sind Frei
J.
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, June 29, 2003 at 14:46 (GMT -5)

For ironman, you could walk diagonal, but you I think you couldn't pick the item up because that would take one turn gametime and that counts as a delay.

About eternium man, trolls should get to level 50 like everyone else because they are much tougher than other races and because of that have an easier time. And also because the challenge is meant to be played until level 50 not stop at lvl 32 for any reason :)

IIRC levels like ID:2000 or 3000 have been visited by some people, nothing interesting down there except very very very experienced and powerful monsters. Helps to be a necromancer lvl 50. Also closing the gate is a must since corruption at those levels would most likely be pretty severe :P

Jurne
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, June 29, 2003 at 16:39 (GMT -5)

Well, whatif you don't press , - like have autopickup on? Then it's *almost* not your fault...

J.
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, June 29, 2003 at 17:09 (GMT -5)

I think it still takes a game turn even if you do have autopickup on. And it's your fault. Hey, I didn't make the rules and if I tried ironman it'd be my version 'a bit rusty ironman'. In that challenge I'd throughly search each and every level before going down to the next if I wanted to. I can't even finish the game normally, whaddaya expect me to play challenge games :P

Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, June 30, 2003 at 02:42 (GMT -5)

I'm surprised Ironman has ever been completed at all, then; if you can't pick anything up, you'd have to defeat anything that stood in your way with your original (proabably trap-depleted) equipment... not to mention constant food problems.

Die Gedanken sind Frei
J.
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, June 30, 2003 at 04:22 (GMT -5)

Generally, you can pick items up. It's just that when you see the stairs down you must descend without delay for any reason, where picking up an item causes delay and would be forbidden. At least that's how I interpret the rules. But judging from at least one other thread on these boards :) I can(and will) occasionally interpret things completely wrong or at least not notice something.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 6/30/2003 at 04:26 (GMT -5) by J.]
Portrait
Jonesy
Registered user
Liberate Te Ex Inferis

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, July 03, 2003 at 13:10 (GMT -5)

Oog. Lol.

Well, I found a bug. Aren't Iron Golems supposed to rust to death when a rust monster hits them? Just a thought.

J.
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, July 04, 2003 at 06:38 (GMT -5)

Maybe not but they could suffer extra damage. I think it would be cool if it lowered their PV but I think that's not possible in ADOM.

RFE? Rust monsters hitting iron golems bypass PV/always hit criticals/something other neat? Also maybe throwing potions of water at them?

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 7/4/2003 at 06:39 (GMT -5) by J.]
Go to page 1 2

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: