Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / How do I

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Jurne
Registered user

Last page view:

6637 days, 5 hours, 57 minutes and 47 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, July 28, 2003 at 10:28 (GMT -5)

Get the ratling traders to refill their wares? I'm getting pretty low on lizards, :-(

You wish to kill me? Good thing I brought my psychic hamster named Hamster with me...
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3089 days, 13 hours, 22 minutes and 1 second ago.
Posted on Monday, July 28, 2003 at 13:40 (GMT -5)

Monster generation makes them generate lizards (or so I've heard - not 100% sure about that, but it makes sense: more clients, more stuff), so I would kill all those non-usable trades, and have more monsters generate in there.

A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
Jurne
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, July 28, 2003 at 14:17 (GMT -5)

Ok, well if I kill a trader, will they ALL get mad at me?

You wish to kill me? Good thing I brought my psychic hamster named Hamster with me...
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5636 days, 12 hours, 47 minutes and 9 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, July 28, 2003 at 15:39 (GMT -5)

No.

If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Jurne
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, July 28, 2003 at 17:02 (GMT -5)

Wow. Will more trader spawn too?

J.
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, July 28, 2003 at 19:09 (GMT -5)

I think not. But I'm not sure.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Lavos
Registered user
Cardiovascular Endurance

Last page view:

7068 days, 14 hours, 52 minutes and 6 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2003 at 20:12 (GMT -5)

No. I've tried to kill the ones that were out of lizards to get more but they never came back :( Didnt go very far after that.

(:
Warlordnotlogged
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, August 03, 2003 at 04:28 (GMT -5)

Hmm...I've personally never used the traders at all, I've always found enough food in the dungeons.
Of course, if you're loaded with 10 artifacts and are a troll, then it might be necessary.
J.
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, August 03, 2003 at 12:04 (GMT -5)

You're missing out on a lot. Cooked lizards are as nutritious as large/iron rations are but weigh slightly less(3s as opposed to 200s/100s).

Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3728 days, 2 hours, 36 minutes and 59 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, August 03, 2003 at 12:24 (GMT -5)

Kill the ratlings that DON'T sell lizards, if you kill any at all. I've found it doesn't really affect the restock rate if you do or don't. Ratlings always sell the same type of food, so the only way to get more lizards is to wait for the ones that originally sold them to restock. It works a lot like monster generation or shops: There's a set chance... maybe 1/1000 or so... each turn that the shop, monsters, traders (maybe all of them at the same time, if what Maelstrom says is true) will restock/reappear. All it takes is time. I suggest buying out the ratlings when you first get there, then checking them again every five fights in the Arena.

Be aware that the ratlings are nonhostile... attacking them has an alignment effect. Pickpocket first to get them mad at you.

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Lavos
Registered user
Cardiovascular Endurance

Last page view:

7068 days, 14 hours, 52 minutes and 7 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, August 04, 2003 at 16:32 (GMT -5)

Thats not a bad a bad idea. I always hate trying to find the one with the lizards. For anyone that doesnt buy the cooked lizards, you really should. As J. said : Cooked lizards are as nutritious as large/iron rations are but weigh slightly less(3s as opposed to 200s/100s). Very True. I always eat the corpses of the deceased, so my lizards last longer.

Of course... what do i know?

(:
J.
Registered user

Last page view:

5636 days, 12 hours, 47 minutes and 10 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, August 04, 2003 at 17:05 (GMT -5)

If you don't want to kill the traders you can also name them accorind to what they sell to help you identify the important ones: Batman, Lizzie, Papa roach, etc.

SolidSnake
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, August 04, 2003 at 17:38 (GMT -5)

I love my cooked lizards. :).
Lavosnotlogged
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, August 04, 2003 at 20:15 (GMT -5)

dont we all? :P
Djinni
Registered user
don't rub MY ring

Last page view:

7035 days, 5 hours, 59 minutes and 37 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, August 24, 2003 at 14:34 (GMT -5)

stomfillia is my fave :)
i *always* mine out an area in the big room & fill it with breeders to stop monster generation & then go picking herbs.
with a little luck all the good ones will be there in nice little squares, if not just grab a few holy water & start rearranging until herbs are coming out of your ears :)

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: