Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / What has been your best weapon

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Thoth
Registered user
The Scribe

Last page view:

6187 days, 16 hours, 35 minutes and 38 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, August 01, 2003 at 17:28 (GMT -5)

THe best I have found so far has to be my Hurthling Necromancer's "Blessed Light Eternium-Shod Quarterstaff of Devastation (+16, 6D10+16)"! :)

What's yours? :)

--<>||<>--
SolidSnake
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, August 01, 2003 at 18:45 (GMT -5)

Near the same, eternium twohanded sword of devastation.
Portrait
Arancaytar
Registered user
Pyromancer

Last page view:

563 days, 2 hours, 5 minutes and 34 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, August 01, 2003 at 19:36 (GMT -5)

The best I found were artifacts:

The holy avenger "Justifier" - cool crowning gift for paladins, and it gives you a lawful boost every time you kill any chaotically aligned creature, especially undead), allowing you to do anything from attacking peaceful NPCs to digging up graves without worrying.

And the lead-filled mace "Big Punch" - how I love that name, it sounds like it was devised by a troll ;) - giving you one of the best damage values available (8d5+5 IIRC), which makes for an average of 29 (range 13-45), not including weapon ability bonuses, and the bonus for high strength.

And afaik, both are one-handed weapons (or if Big Punch isn't, Justifier certainly is, giving you a great opportunity to wield that fancy eternium tower shield...

My dwarven paladin and Lawful Champion Medoc, who possessed all these three (both artifacts and the shield) actually made it to level 28 (highest level I ever got), before he was corrupted into oblivion (I never actually got transformed to a jelly, I just got lots of very annoying things, Poison Hands, Hooves, Mana Battery, Big Cranium - nice for mages, but horrible for warriors - and other crap).

Move the cursor to the desired position and press [SPACE] when done.
Impossible. Suddenly you stand elsewhere.
You see an ancient altar of black obsidian.
The goblin rockthrower suddenly shouts a prayer to his gods! You are consumed by a roaring column of flame!

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 8/1/2003 at 19:37 (GMT -5) by Arancaytar]
Orc ManV2
Registered user
Don't Listen to me!

Last page view:

7561 days, 12 hours, 35 minutes and 37 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2003 at 01:17 (GMT -5)

My best weapon, it was a murderous eternium long sword of penetration, found it with one of my Orcish nercomancers in the grave yard, and he used it until his death(The greater moloch punches threw your armor and criticaly hits you, the greater moloch punches threw your armor and criticaly hits you, you die.).

Current Death's: 146 (Recording started on July 17, 2003)

Current Wins: 0
Portrait
Crimson King
Registered user

Last page view:

6315 days, 13 hours, 17 minutes and 58 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2003 at 07:38 (GMT -5)

Well, not sure. Of course, if you count artifacts, trident of the red rooster is my best one I've got. Other than artifacts, really can't remember the best ones.

Big Punch is quite useless IMO, 'cause it doesn't slay anything and it can't be dual-wielded with a weapon that slays preferably demons.
And, the twin-daggers aren't that good either, as I've found that any other two weapons dual-wielded with a high-skill gives you the same (or better) damage and a bit less to hit.

Joka vitsaa säästää, saa kaatumataudin
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5658 days, 17 hours, 33 minutes and 49 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2003 at 11:33 (GMT -5)

The best weapon I've gotten is probably the TotRR:)

Though the best one with pre/suffixes might be a wicked eternium sword of devastation.

If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Portrait
Ass Whisper
Registered user
the Orcish Bard

Last page view:

7430 days, 23 hours, 57 minutes and 19 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2003 at 15:48 (GMT -5)

My last winner-char had quite impressive weapon rack in his backpack he was Human Assassin:

wielded: Needle&Sting, Right: +220 hit, 3d4+91 damage, Left: +221 hit, 3d4+91 damage

emerald dagger "Serpent's Bite" (+3, 3d4+3) [+3, +1]
orcish knife of penetration (+4, 1d3+5) [+1, +0]
knife of endurance (+10, 1d3+10) [+4, +0] {To+7}

eternium two-handed sword of mayhem (+18, 8d5+22) [-1, +0]
also Soaker, TotRR, staff of the archmagi, qs-quarterstaff, 2 whips of the snake (love 'em!).

I just loved that knife of endurance w/ Serpent's Bite. Never met that boosting knife before (To+7). They were of cooz smithed later in the game..

Icesus
Portrait
Warlord
Registered user
Wanderer of the Wastes

Last page view:

7527 days, 7 hours, 24 minutes and 31 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2003 at 18:02 (GMT -5)

Some THS I smithed myself I think. Don't recall any figures, but it was tough.

Needle and Sting, good combo, gives a heck of to hit bonus.

- May the blood of thine enemies stain the ground -
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3750 days, 7 hours, 23 minutes and 39 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, August 03, 2003 at 12:18 (GMT -5)

Vanquisher.

Non-artifact... Murderous eternium two-handed sword of vampirism. Found it in the SmC... my character died about fifteen minutes later after being paralyzed.

Beware the RNG. :P

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Djinni
Registered user
don't rub MY ring

Last page view:

7057 days, 10 hours, 46 minutes and 16 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, August 24, 2003 at 14:14 (GMT -5)

without doubt the best weapon i found was an eternium 2 handed sword of penetration, i picked it up in darkforge with my dwarfen wizard.
He could maul pretty much anything in melee up to greater molochs & take the tricky opponents like killer bugs or rust monsters with magic from afar

i got to cocky with my uber-weapon though & stupidly attacked a pack of annihilators in melee...you can guess what happened next :(
SolidSnake
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, August 25, 2003 at 08:34 (GMT -5)

I just got a murderous eternium two handed sword of penetration. Bless the RNG!!!

(My char got killed by the Greatest Daemon of them all, the 291 bug. :/)
Andor Drakon
Registered user
uummm... ElDeR cHaOs GoD?

Last page view:

7295 days, 3 hours, 39 minutes and 13 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2003 at 08:32 (GMT -5)

Definetely blessed unerring enternium long sword of penetration (+36, 8d5+23) [+43, +32], improved by smithing and many written scrolls of increase -foo-. Impossible to miss, bypasses PV, and does as much as 63 damage. And my weaponsmith can dual-wield one and one almost as good, with skill 15 in swords and 100 in two weapon combat. That's, what, a minimum of 124 damage a hit, and a maximum of 252 (without criticals)

Or maybe needle&sting, TotRR, or Vanquisher.

Or a 1d4+81 phase dagger, smithed and scrolled as with the sword.

ChAoS iS cOmInG!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5658 days, 17 hours, 33 minutes and 49 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2003 at 10:50 (GMT -5)

Eternium long swords do a base damage of 2d8. Unerring is a missile prefix. Scrolls of protection/defense don't work on weapons nor can you improve weapons' dv/pv. Other than that, a nice sword.

If your post was meant as a joke, I'd say it was pathetic.

If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Portrait
Ass Whisper
Registered user
the Orcish Bard

Last page view:

7430 days, 23 hours, 57 minutes and 19 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, August 30, 2003 at 18:59 (GMT -5)

Actually, U can smith a weapons DV bonus a bit. Maximum bonus what I have managed to get is +4, like in that knife I stated earlied:

knife of endurance (+10, 1d3+10) [+4, +0] {To+7}

Those tohit and todmg bonuses max is also usually around +10. Maybe a dwarven weaponsmith can make a bit better, dunno...

Anyways, that msg from AD sounds obscene. Unerring melee weapon... :-D

Icesus
Andor Drakon
Registered user
uummm... ElDeR cHaOs GoD?

Last page view:

7295 days, 3 hours, 39 minutes and 13 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, August 31, 2003 at 05:33 (GMT -5)

Yes, it was meant to be a joke, I know it wasn't a very good one, etc, etc.

ChAoS iS cOmInG!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Cletus
Registered user

Last page view:

7052 days, 11 hours, 33 minutes and 53 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2003 at 22:09 (GMT -5)

I got me a longbow of accuracy (+11,+6) once. It was much more useful to me then any melee weapons I had. Of course, I had way to many arrows so I didn't have to worry about running out.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: