Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Stories / OOC: Arcanium

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 8 pages long.
Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5654 days, 22 hours, 57 minutes and 19 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2003 at 02:27 (GMT -5)

This is an OOC thread for Arcanium. Have fun... *g*

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2003 at 02:49 (GMT -5)

If it relates in any way to the story, you can put it here. Background for characters, ideas for equiptment, plot thoughts, monsters, whatever. Just don't come in here and start spouting off about the Russian Spoon Deficiancy.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

3747 days, 19 hours, 37 minutes and 35 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2003 at 10:45 (GMT -5)

I hope I got rid of the plot hole; I think I did anyway :) I changed "most of the day" to "quite some time" and "late afternoon" to "high noon".

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Andor Drakon
Registered user
uummm... ElDeR cHaOs GoD?

Last page view:

7292 days, 15 hours, 53 minutes and 9 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, August 08, 2003 at 03:40 (GMT -5)

The Dtarns are tiger-headed and -legged humans, rather like gnolls but for tigers not hyenas. When they die their skin becomes much darker. I'll just say theyr'e not nocurnal.

Since when were we in another forest, Lamaros? Plot Hole!

THe things in the hills are either a group of goblins or a large number of Dtarns feeling bold despite Dalinor.

ChAoS iS cOmInG!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

[Edited 2 times, last edit on 8/8/2003 at 07:16 (GMT -5) by Andor Drakon]
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, August 08, 2003 at 17:13 (GMT -5)

Andor, i have a problem with your post.... why was Dalinor wandering around with two blunted swords? Also, this isn't ADOM: we aren't wandering around with magical packs on that can carry as much stuff as we want, so long as we can lift it. Dalinor might at most have a small pack on with some food, but likely not even that. More likely he'd have a quiver of arrows on his back, a sword on his hip, and a bow in his hand. (Plus his clothes, but I don't think you'd forget that...) The Dtarn skin also may be a bit wierd for the same reason, but that is more easily explained: that could be tied to his belt. I see him not as a professional adventurer carrying around everything he might need to delve dungeons, teach someone to fight, fix a sink, play a song, or whatever else. I see him as a traveller, someone who lives in the wilderness and lives a relatively simple life walking from place to place and hunting for food, sleeping under the stars under that Dtarn skin. Relthe is also probably poorly prepared, with maybe a small pack with some food in it, his ball, his knives, and his clothes, but little else. Maybe a bit of money. I get the impression he left in a hurry and didn't have time to pack up a lot of stuff, and also wasn't expecting to be building a bridge or anything.

So, basically what i'm saying is, your post makes sense for ADOM, but this isn't ADOM. Fix it or delete it.

Those comments go for everyone; try to keep them in mind when writing your posts.

One last thing: our characters aren't superheros, and shouldn't be treated as such. Don't pit them against a small army of Dtarns and Goblins and expect them to win; if you do pit them against something like that, they should either flee quickly, be captured, or if they do manage to win, come out badly injured. If possible, i'd like to have us avoid combat wherever possible. This isn't a hack-and-slash; keep that for ADOM RP (2) or the Freak Story.

OK, I lied. I have another thing to say. We need to be really careful in this one. I'm hoping for something really good, not just something pretty entertaining. Try to keep track of time-of-day, injurys, food, etc etc etc. Don't have our characters doing things normal people couldn't do. Try to remember to have them eat. Be descriptive. Stuff like that, even the little stuff. It all counts. Iridia, you seem like you already know all this stuff, so this is kinda redundant for you... and Lamaros seems to have a fair grasp on it also, although you could work on it some... so mostly this is all for Andor (and me, somewhat). But everybody, try to keep this stuff in mind.

Alright, i'm done.

ivan.sourceforge.net

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 8/8/2003 at 17:15 (GMT -5) by Duke Ravage]
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, August 08, 2003 at 20:25 (GMT -5)

Descriptive language is a problem for every writer. We've got some darn good ones here, though.

I say we work the swords into the story: Dalinor has a couple of practice swords with him because he WAS expecting to have to train someone--either Josua or someone else. Dalinor's not just some random traveler, after all; and whoever brought Josua into Arcanium (we are calling our world that, right?) might've known he'd need training... Dalinor might've been looking for Josua and the others in order to bring them back to this group of knights he's supposedly associated with (and had--or not had--a change of heart)... in which case he might've been the one designated to train the newcomers when they came through. Or he could've defected earlier, and known they'd need to know how to defend themselves.

In any case, one of our characters could realize that Dalinor's having two blunted swords might be just a little too convenient. Until everyone comes clean and the facts are known, there'll be a little mistrust anyway.

*EDIT* Whoo.. that sounded confusing. Sorry.

Die Gedanken sind Frei

[Edited 2 times, last edit on 8/8/2003 at 20:28 (GMT -5) by Iridia]
Andor Drakon
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, August 08, 2003 at 21:33 (GMT -5)

Okay, Dalinor now has no blunted swords and instead 2 sticks from the ground. I suppose I should be a little more real, sort of, and thank you for reminding me. Arcanium and ADOM RP 2 are my first RPs, and you can expect me to make some mistakes.

ChAoS iS cOmInG!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, August 08, 2003 at 21:59 (GMT -5)

Hehe. :) All right.

I've just revealed quite a bit more about Andrea's special powers: She has the power to sense life, especially sentient life (and, to an extent, natural things), and to use her "sixth sense" to manipulate them to her benefit--in this case, to allow her not to be noticed, either by the forest floor (which would give her away if she made a sound) or by the Dtarn.

Yes... Andrea will be the strongest of the party for a while, since her sixth sense is a natural talent, not a learned skill; it's as though she's "known it all along". For the most part, it won't be offensive in nature, though, and not at all for a long time. Once the others recognize her talents, she'll make a good scout/lookout.

Die Gedanken sind Frei

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 8/8/2003 at 22:20 (GMT -5) by Iridia]
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, August 08, 2003 at 22:17 (GMT -5)

Oh, great... just after I used the forest for cover for our characters...

Uhm, could someone edit a post to say they walked into the forest sometime? Probably that day, since you wouldn't be worried about wind and have to put up a windbreak if you were in the forest...

I agree. Someone should make a map... Just use basic terrain types, like in ADOM, and we'll stick in the special locations whenever we encounter them.

Die Gedanken sind Frei

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 8/8/2003 at 22:18 (GMT -5) by Iridia]
duke ravage
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2003 at 02:37 (GMT -5)

Wow, big responses in a short amount of time... lots of good stuff all around. (I can't even remember most of it. It's late.) I see Josua as being more of the kind of guy who follows orders, gets into a routine, and doesn't like to change it. He's tough; he doesn't bend. However, he *does* break. Like back in the woods at the start: he was confronted by something his brain could quite comprehend, being just out of amnisia: so he shut down and stopped thinking. This can be a good thing and a bad thing: as i see it, magic is tied greatly into belief. If someone casts a fireball at you, and you don't believe that there's any such thing as a fireball, you'll not be affected as much, if at all. Similarly, if you don't believe in magic, and you try to cast a spell, it'll fail.

Hmm. I think we should take a break from the story and flesh out the world some in here. Ideas, maps, etc etc, just post them. Lets leave the story alone for the time being though.

Arrite, another comment, on Relthe. With his turning invisible, the way you describe it it sound less like "turning invisible" than "turning completely black". Invisibility would work well anywhere, but the other one would work fairly well at night or in a dark place. It's your choice; just don't make it too powerful. Perhaps he could currently just be able to make light not exist for himself (the black version) and later at some point, develop an ability to bend light around him (so someone would see whatever is behind him, rather than him).

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 8/9/2003 at 02:59 (GMT -5) by Duke Ravage]
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2003 at 20:12 (GMT -5)

Re. Andrea:

Yes... I don't want Andrea's powers to get out of hand. So, here's what I propose.

Andrea shares a connection with all life; so things that aren't in the natural order of things are especially dangerous to her. For example, she couldn't sense the image of the man in the black robe; in fact, she sensed danger in the emptiness where he should've been.

Let's say that, since magic "bends" the rules of nature (on which she depends), Andrea will be hurt by any and all magic done on or very near her. Benign magic should fail and perhaps do damage; what's meant to do damage should cancel out against Andrea's own powers, failing, but doing more damage to Andrea (unconsciousness, loss of her powers, perhaps death) than it would've if it had worked.

Hope that makes sense.

Also, let's take that near-invisibility thing as a special case, due to the temporary loss of her hearing forcing the absolute concentration on her surroundings that's necessary for Andrea to fully use her "sixth sense". She will still need a lot of practice to use it at will.

Die Gedanken sind Frei

[Edited 2 times, last edit on 8/9/2003 at 20:16 (GMT -5) by Iridia]
Andor Drakon
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2003 at 23:57 (GMT -5)

Well, I've just made a map drawn in pen:

The Map

It's added in quite a few things, but I just felt like putting them in.

ChAoS iS cOmInG!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

[Edited 2 times, last edit on 8/10/2003 at 00:00 (GMT -5) by Andor Drakon]
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, August 10, 2003 at 05:56 (GMT -5)

Wow...

I go to sleep for seven and a half hours, and suddenly, everyone here has turned to cartography!!

Good job on the maps, people... *saves them to hard drive*

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Andor Drakon
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, August 10, 2003 at 06:08 (GMT -5)

Re: PS No, I didn't see it, I will change it now

Re: PPS I don't have ICQ but I have Yahoo!

Re: PPPS Yes, and I live in Sydney

ChAoS iS cOmInG!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Andor Drakon
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, August 10, 2003 at 06:53 (GMT -5)

Let me start on the general map of the Three Nations. I am amking a computerized map of East Illdean & surrounding lands and it will be put up here.

ChAoS iS cOmInG!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Lamaros
Registered user
The sieve

Last page view:

7160 days, 22 hours, 2 minutes and 20 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, August 10, 2003 at 07:17 (GMT -5)

OUTDATED

[Edited 2 times, last edit on 8/14/2003 at 02:27 (GMT -5) by Lamaros]
Andor Drakon
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, August 10, 2003 at 07:20 (GMT -5)

All I have is Yahoo! and Windows Messenger. I'm trying to get Trillian (compatible with all) but it doesn't work on my computer.

I am halfway through a general map.

ChAoS iS cOmInG!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Lamaros
Registered user
The sieve

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, August 10, 2003 at 07:38 (GMT -5)

OUTDATED

[Edited 2 times, last edit on 8/14/2003 at 02:27 (GMT -5) by Lamaros]
Andor Drakon
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, August 10, 2003 at 08:15 (GMT -5)

Here's my general map.

A few edits : the capitol is Dail not Dali, and the black tower is Aida, not Abia. (name changes)

EDIT : The link does not work due to a temporary site downtime. It will work soon. As in around 5 hours. Sorry.

ChAoS iS cOmInG!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

[Edited 2 times, last edit on 8/10/2003 at 08:22 (GMT -5) by Andor Drakon]
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, August 11, 2003 at 02:08 (GMT -5)

Wow, that was a lot of posting in a short amount of time... I can't even think of anything to say. I'll have to spend some time thinking, and eventually i'll come up with something of a Short History of The World (not that it'll be in the story, but we can have references to it). Give me a few days for it...

Also, looking at the map, on the right, that looks like one end of a sea, rather than another ocean. Perhaps the people here don't know what's on the other side, because they don't go out on it much... Perhaps naval power is a very small concern to these folk, and they care little for what may be beyond the sea. The only naval stuff they do is fishing boats, and they don't go in the inner sea because no fish are there. Perhaps it's a bit like the Sultan Sea, only bigger. Maybe at some point our group (or part of it, i'm thinking we will get split up somewhat, rearanged, etc.) will go East, accross that sea, to whatever lies beyond it.

One final thing: my AIM s/n is Guardsheep2000, my MSN account is under sir_happy@hotmail.com and my ICQ number is 113334898. i no longer use Yahoo, it kinda got old after a while...

ivan.sourceforge.net

[Edited 2 times, last edit on 8/11/2003 at 02:19 (GMT -5) by Duke Ravage]
Andor Drakon
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, August 11, 2003 at 02:10 (GMT -5)

Link, I am afraid, is mistaken and will work soon (I hope). Aiba is correct, not Aida or Abia

ChAoS iS cOmInG!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Andor Drakon
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, August 11, 2003 at 04:17 (GMT -5)

You should be able to view it now, at this link.

ChAoS iS cOmInG!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 8/11/2003 at 04:20 (GMT -5) by Andor Drakon]
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, August 11, 2003 at 05:43 (GMT -5)

OK, i think i'm going to talk a bit about Religion, actually. I'll just highlight the major religions, for now. Later I'll do a "History of the World" from the various religion's perspectives, then a history from the historians, and finally, a "What REALLY Happened" sort of thing. This may take a while. I don't expect to even finish it, actually, may need to ask for help.

Ok, moving on.

The Church of the Four (aka The Elementals)

The Church of the Four believes that all things are governed by four Lords: Davnia, the Lord of Wind and Visions; Komba, the Lord of Earth and Creation; Mazia, the Lord of Water and Healingg; and Somanaba, the Lord of Fire and Destruction. They are all the children of Obaerno, the Lord of Eternity, who left on a great journey long ago. Acording to their priests, when Obaerno left, the Four Lords built the world together with their powers. According to them, the world will end when Obaerno returns and destroys his children and their creation, and makes them again.

Elementalist "priests" are granted powerful elemental ablilitys through their faith. Upon entering the priesthood, they undergo several rituals to determine if they are fit to carry their Lords' word on Earth, the last of which shows them their true calling -- which Lord they should serve.

The priesthood is divided into 4 Orders, each with 6 Bands (ranks):
Those dedicated to Davnia enter the Order of the Prophets, whose purpose is to lead the congregations. Their powers mainly deal in sight, and have little combative value, although there are some mighty Lightning abilitys granted to those of the higher Bands.
Those devoted to Komba, the Order of the Creators, are the builders and guardians. They construct nearly everything for the Church, and guard their holdings stolidly. Their abliltys lie primarily in construction and protection, such things as raising walls of stone or turning a person's skin into stone.
The priests of Mazia are the Order of the Restorers. These priests often wander, attempting to convert people to their cause, and healing the injured. Those of the Church are often more likely to recieve their powerful healing abilitys. They mostly heal, but can easily hold their own with icy powers.
The Order of the Crusaders, dedicated to Somanaba, are the knights of the Elementalists. Trained to fight, both with conventional weapons and with their destructive fire abilitys, a Sixth Band member of this Order is well nigh unstoppable on a battlefield.

There is also a Seventh Band in each Order, but there is only ever one of these in an Order. Priests are rarely given this rank, and often the Band is empty. These four are the greatest Priests, and are seen as the embodyment of their Lord on our planet.

Each band has a designation, beyond simply First Band, Second Band, etc. These are:

No Band: Uninitated
1st: Initiate
2nd: Acolyte
3ed: Maiest
4th: Laurist
5th: Dunvian
6th: Master
7th: Messiah

Current Status: The Elementalists are a relatively small Church, but recently they have been growing quickly. They still have little influence. Their Citadel is in the town of Tauran, in the east of the Great Plain of Nurathor. Their influence stretches north nearly to the border of Ildean, east to within thirty miles of the Search Wood, south to the edge of the Great Plain, and west to the Blood Belt. (A map of this is here.)
Currently, they have a single Messiah in "office": Lonvej, Messiah of the Order of the Prophets. Recent strife in the North has caused many of the Crusaders to be sent there, to quell uprisings by several men claiming to be Obaerno's new children, and saying the "end of the World is at hand." The Church does not support these prophesies. One of these "upstarts" has recently been put down along the fringes of the Search Wood, and seveveral high-Band Crusaders, along with a small army of trained, although Uninitated, infantry, are still in the area. Some Creators and Restorers are also about, repairing the damages from the fighting.

*Whew* That took a while. I figured I'd put the elementalists square in our path, considering how much i put out about them (More than I was expecting). I'll try to reduce how much i talk about other religions i come up with.
That sets us up with a possible encounter with the Elementalists, although it would not be an unfrendly encounter. In any case, something could be learned, either of other current happenings, or of some other useful information. There would also be a town about. Here we might sleep, take a break from our travels, purchase supplies (with Dalinor and Relthe's money), and maybe make some money. The possibilities are numerous.

EDIT: Hmm. The maps do not appear very compatible... perhaps due to chartography by different people with different knoledges of teh world? In any case, my map is based off of Lameros's map, which I prefer (personally, just my preference). It may be possible to use both. Lameros, think you can combine the two maps into one, sort of a compromise?

ivan.sourceforge.net

[Edited 2 times, last edit on 8/11/2003 at 06:22 (GMT -5) by Duke Ravage]
Andor Drakon
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, August 11, 2003 at 05:55 (GMT -5)

As far as I can see, the main differences are that his south half is about the same as mine, but flipped horizontally.

Maybe we could kind-of-comprimise, and can I edit the maps into one?

ChAoS iS cOmInG!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, August 11, 2003 at 06:05 (GMT -5)

Lameros's maps looked more ... professional, I geuss you could say. That's why I'd prefer he did the re-do.
Also, sorry if my link didn't work... i hadn't made the page yet :S It's up now. Take a look. might have some influence in the creation of the comprimise-map.

[EDIT] Wow. This is moveing fast! I want to know where you all are getting whatever it is you're drinking. I want some. And Lameros, for the borders at least, I liked the "logical" look. It could have used a bit of roughening-up around some of the edges, but whatever. That comes later.

ivan.sourceforge.net

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 8/11/2003 at 06:08 (GMT -5) by Duke Ravage]
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, August 11, 2003 at 06:17 (GMT -5)

Sorry, it's bmp, so it's big. It should work though... hmm. Maybe i have the link wrong. I'll try that, but then I need to go to bed, so i'll see y'all tomorrow, maybe. G'nite.

EDIT: There, try now.

ivan.sourceforge.net

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 8/11/2003 at 06:22 (GMT -5) by Duke Ravage]
Andor Drakon
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, August 11, 2003 at 07:57 (GMT -5)

There, I'd sy that makes map 0.9.9 gamma 12 (renamed 1.0.0).

Duke, in your post of quite a lot earlier, yes, naval power is severely lacking, due to the fact that the sea is largely very rough and stormy (average about force 8 or 9) which discourages budding shipwrights and sailors. THe only centers of naval power are the Water Tower, where the Sea-Wizards of Deriough live, and Starsail Haven, a mysterious port city whicxh few have visited, fewer have returned to tell tales, and none have been believed.

Time for me to create a new religon, like the Elementals.

The Order of the Dawn

The Order's beginning were lost in the past, but it is certain that it began in the flame and death of the old Empire, founded by a group of people who knew that there was one Creator, Stasom Kibuph (figure it out). They believe that Stasom Kibuph created life to exist for itself and one day would sweep away those who were not worthy to have the gift of life he had placed upon them.

They are loosely based in Illdean but have small holding all over the lands, and are responsible for the setup of the Knights of Illdean. They also are one of the few groups who are able to travel in relative safety, due to the battle prowess of their Paladins who are largely able to drive off attacks. They have recently agreed to "co-exist" with the Church of the Four, and not engage in what teeters on the brink of religous war against each other.

The Order has recently been having less affect on the affairs of Illdean due to growing corruption in the governement. They have several ranks within them.

Every Order priest or paladin begins as a novice. He slowly progresses to the rank of faithful After this the ranks depend on which path he picks.

Paladin:
1 : Crusader
2 : Templar
3 : Believer
4 : Perceptor
5 : Archperceptor

Priest:
1 : Parson
2 : Deacon
3 : Bishop
4 : High Priest
5 : Archdeacon

In control of it all is the Archbishop, at present one of the more powerful men of the land.

There, that's my religon. It bears striking similarities to a religon I made up a while ago ; The Holy Church of Maths 4! (but never mind about that)

I'm going to bed. Bye.

EDIT : No, i'm not quite yet. Can anyone figure out the meaning of Stasom Kibuph? It's not THAT hard...

ChAoS iS cOmInG!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 8/11/2003 at 08:02 (GMT -5) by Andor Drakon]
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, August 11, 2003 at 14:04 (GMT -5)

Nope, no clue. I'm not one for anagrams.

I've got another Church. Let's see if I can keep it simpler this time...

The Treculars

This is a very loose church, with only two "ranks": the Listeners and the Speakers. Training to become a Speaker is very simple; however, recieving it is rare. Each Speaker is only allowed to teach two other people to become a speaker in their lifetime, and then only when they are getting old and won't be able to Speak for much longer.

The Treculars are spread pretty much evenly across the entire area, but origionally formed in the North. They have no orginized military or government, nor to they build churches or temples. Their belief system appeals very much to the common person, so they have a fair number of followers pretty much everywhere.

They believe that all of existance is watched over by a single god, named Treculan. Treculan has three heads and three arms, and sits on a golden throne beneath the earth, from which he watches the earth and governs what happens.

Most of teh time, one or two of the heads are asleep. The heads that are awake determine what happens in the world above. The right-hand head is that of a wolf, and it's hand holds a club. It is irregular in it's sleeping; sometimes it will sleep for hundreds of years and then awaken in a day, others times it sleeps for only a couple months. It's being awake signifys the onset of war. The left head is a Zerph (a type of rodent that lives in Sarvent, usually a symbol of peace), and it's hand holds a leaf. This head is often awake, but is rarely awake at the same time as the wolf-head. Generally, it indicates peace. The center head is an eagle, and that hand holds a feather. This head sleeps deeply, and only rouses itself once or twice every thousand years or so. It is wise, and often, it being awake means that there is someone very wise in the world, or that great changes are ocurring.

Many commoners follow this belief. It is somewhat socialistic in it's system; the belongings of teh followers belong to all of the followers, and may be used by any of them. This, however, frightens away many of the richer folk, the merchants and the nobles. Hence, this church has very little influence in the courts. However, were the entire "church" to gather in one place, they would make a formidable gathering, as well as depriving many areas of labor.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, August 11, 2003 at 21:15 (GMT -5)

Wow... looks like someone around here has a real knack for inventing religions!

You all are inventing a world at breakneck speed... wish I were that good at it; I usually need quite a bit more time before I come up with a workable scenario.

Ah well.

So here's a bit of a question for us to chew on, regarding Andrea, my secondary character (at the moment, actually more developed than my main charcter...): Where would Andrea fit in?

Are there others like her in Ancardia, or is Andrea the only one, or one of very few? Are they organized? Feared? Reclusive? I'd assume they'd be more likely to be D&D-style druids than anything else...

*thinks hard*

*gets more coffee*

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Lamaros
Registered user
The sieve

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, August 11, 2003 at 22:44 (GMT -5)

outdated

[Edited 3 times, last edit on 8/14/2003 at 02:42 (GMT -5) by Lamaros]
Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: