Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Stories / OOC: Arcanium

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 8 pages long.
Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Lamaros
Registered user
The sieve

Last page view:

7162 days, 4 hours, 28 minutes and 56 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, August 15, 2003 at 23:14 (GMT -5)

Re Above: I believe Duke means Arcanium, not Earth.

New post

Time: About 6:30pm
Characters: Dalinor is talking to a local guard captain. Relthe, Willard, Andrea and Josua are sitting down in the Tavern, Jennifer has got up from the table.
New posessions: none.
New Characters: Jayck, a uninitiated member of the Elementalists.
New places: none.

Possible beginings for the next posts: Jennifer winning some money at darts (Iridia) or the conversation between Dalinor and the guard (Andor, Duke) (can we have something like that for a non-main character?)??

[Edited 3 times, last edit on 8/16/2003 at 00:18 (GMT -5) by Lamaros]
Lamaros
Registered user
The sieve

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, August 16, 2003 at 00:09 (GMT -5)

A few clarifications/thoughts/ideas from a conversation me and Duke had:

The guard at the gate who stopped Dalinor is not a member of the Elementalists, but most of the other guards in town are. The bunch in the tavern are all uniniated.

There might be another person also summoned from earth, like Josua and co. were, but in their case the spell worked. They are now being held by the summoner and they're experiementing on them or whatever they wanted them for. This person we're calling 'the Caster' and they could be from anywhere.

The wizard who bossed the Dtarns might not necessarily have been sending them after Dalinor, Relthe or the group.
It might have been that he was orignialy instructing them to assist the person who was causing the uprising against the Elementalists, but when it turned out that the Elementalists had subdued the area and he'd failed they tried to have the Dtarn's kill him.

If so this might be an indication of some force in Illdean trying to weaken the Elementalists, for whatever reason, some ideas are:

The Order of the Four is getting very strong, some people don't like this new power forming so close by.
They might be trying to upset them so thay can move in and recruit some of them.
The Order of Crusaders is particualary strong, because there are many seasoned fighters in the plains (due to the war-torn history).
And so on..

The influence of the Elementalists is growing quite rapidly and directly they have troops and whatnot arranged throughout their lands. They have members spread further than that, and priests every here and there. Most major cities probably have a Phophet.

Rhodite:
A very very rare crystal that is formed inside the mountain flow (river that flows -through- the southern ranges). They are red like rubies but have a different tinge. They are easily cut when they are raw, but when magic passed through them thay become hard like diamonds. They are very conducive to magic and are highly praised by wizards, particulary those of Illdean (who are not 'pure' wizards, but rather a cross with articifers)

The Elementalists dont consider their magic skills magic (just like the wizarding guild calls theirs 'tricks') but instead consider them divine gifts. Their skills require no preperation.

I think magical sword crafted from Rhodite might exist somewhere (maybe one day Josua will find it). *g*

Lamaros
Registered user
The sieve

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, August 16, 2003 at 00:33 (GMT -5)

New ideas of my own:

The south of the continent, like the north, is very dangerous. The city 'The Gate' is like a stepping off point into the unknown. It's name comes from the thought that that area was the gate to death, and further south or east is not a place to visit.

Nature's Preserve/Nature's Revenge:

Fairly simple, the preserve is safe, the Revenge is not. It often feels like the forest is alive with some kind of magic; the better you treat nature in the preserve, the easier the revenge will treat you. Do damage to the preserve and the revenge will quickly have your life. This danger multiplies the further one heads into the forest.

Ie: Break a branch off a tree in the preserve and you'll find yourself fighting soon after entering the revenge. If you survive past that you'll keep being beset with harder and harder challenges the further you go in.

Burn a group of trees down in the preserve and you'll probably be killed very soon after entering the revenge.

The Great southern reaches are a different challenge. They're simply huge, mazelike, and inhabited.

You'll notice The Gate in located in the Revenge. Hence, it's a pretty strange town, very much an adventurers town. (I've updated the map a little with this in mind. Will upload once I have enough new changes to make it worthwhile)

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 8/16/2003 at 00:44 (GMT -5) by Lamaros]
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5656 days, 5 hours, 23 minutes and 55 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, August 16, 2003 at 03:27 (GMT -5)

You're right, I did mean Arcanuim.

A little more on Rhodite:

Origionally, it was a mineral that was found in only one place in the world, a great big hole. All there was was a deep core of the stuff, going very far down. The walls around the hole were steep, sheer, and solid; thus, extracting the stuff became difficult very quickly. It was praised most for it's magical conductivity, making it very useful for magical items. It is particularly useful in regards to magic involving fire, as it not only conducts the magic, it amplifies it. Hence, it is a highly sought-after ingrediant for enchanters and artificers.

It is also useful for alchemists. When a certain, very difficult, and very demanding process is put to it, the stone itself changes. The process involves extreme care; the slightest mistake, such as a pinch too much of this, or cook it for just a tiny bit too much, can cause a violent explosion. Plus, the process makes the stone smaller by about 15%. However, the result is a deep green substance, similer to emerald but much harder. This is called grenulite. It has similar proporties to Rhodite, only more so, and with earth-elemental spells rather than fire-elemental. (Although it does have some amlification on fire-based spells.)

Another, similarly dangerous process can produce Canarite, which is yellow and is more air-elemental condusive, and yet another produces Cerulite (blue, water-based). The final step, past Cerulite, is Royalite. It is purple, glows, and amplifies by about 75% any magic that goes through it. Any further tampering with the stone through alchemy is extremely dangerous; a best-case senario is that the stone shatters violently. It is possible that the stone with "detonate" creating a huge field of anti-magic. This anti-magic field not only disenchants anything that enters it, but also kills anything in it. These fields are also extremely slow to dissapate, but over time, they do slowly shrink back into the stone, which is left as basically a hunk of basalt. For example. A field 20 feet in diameter created at the start of the Age of Legends would now be about 7 1/2 feet across.

Of course, very very little of anything beyond Grenulite would exist. Of Royalite, maybe only a single piece the size of your thumbnail would exist. (Then again, there may be more hidden somewhere...) This stuff, any of it, would be very valuable, especially in a wisard society.

Where did i come up with all this? Well, I was on the road, with my dad, and we just started making stuff up. Talk of all this took us most of the way across western Utah. I came up with it origionally as part of a game. But i suppose we could use it here, not likely it'll get much use anywhere else. (then again, it migh tnot even get used here...)

ivan.sourceforge.net

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 8/16/2003 at 03:36 (GMT -5) by Duke Ravage]
Lamaros
Registered user
The sieve

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, August 16, 2003 at 04:36 (GMT -5)

Hrm. I'm not sure I like the whole staged process thing; going through all the elements one by one. It seems to logical to be natural. *shrug*
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, August 16, 2003 at 04:45 (GMT -5)

hrm, true. exept it's not natural, only the base element is.
perhaps all four of those elements exist naturally, just each is rarer than the last, and an alchemical process done with all four can produce royalite.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Lamaros
Registered user
The sieve

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, August 16, 2003 at 06:00 (GMT -5)

The 'Arcanium Information' thread is being constantly updated. Please remember to look over every now and then and respond with comments and suggestions (here).

Importantly, Recent changes to the measures: A chain is now 5 links, not 2. (from 10cm to 25cm, decided with Duke, if you disagree comment here.)
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, August 16, 2003 at 07:34 (GMT -5)

OK, something of a summery of a conversation with lamaros:

To write next:

Jennifer's darthrowing scene: She ought to win, but not overwhelmingly so. The men will be amazed, and angry, but will pay her, all because she's a woman and this is medieval society. THe money will be good, because then we can buy a meal. This all should be done by Iridia; it's her character after all.
Then: Either myself or Andor will write the chat with Dalinor and the local guard captain. He's local, commands the local guards, i think this was already said. The captain is mostly looking for news, e.g. "Did you see a man that looked like xyz?" because the imposter around here escaped and they're looking for him.

Later, he will find the rest in the tavern, but won't stay long as a messenger will come for him from the Crusader watching these parts at the moment. He's 4th Band, so he figures he's getting high-and-mighty and is living in the fanciest house in town. He tells them of a few minor leads about that he wants investigated, and would they please check them out? He doesn't want to send his guards, as he doesn't know what sort of demonic allies the trouble-maker can brew up. Dalinor says he's in a hurry, but he'll check them out.

That evening. Some talk, Dalinor decides to take Josua with him so he can teach him, they're all supposed to meet in Tauran. They buy a few supplies, Josua borrows a sword from the guards, promises to return it are made. Josua and Dalinor leave. Something makes them hurry on to Tauran without returning the sword. They leave a message with Dalinor's friend, and hurry on toward Dail. In Dail, Josua has another "episode" and kills a man. The two of them are delayed in Dail by this for a while.

Meanwhile, the other four get ambushed by thieves or some such en-route to Tauran, and Andrea is injured. Upon arriving in Tauran, they find Dalinor and Josua have already left. Andrea can't go on. (This is up to you, Iridia: if you want Jennifer to stay with Andrea, they can both find something to do. I have a few ideas.) Relthe and Willard (and maybe Jennifer) continue to Dail to do meet Dalinor and Josua, and help them clear Josua's name from the courts. Or maybe just help them escape.

The four contemplate returning to Tauran, but decide to press on to Deriough. Upon arrival, they speak with the King (who, maybe, knows Dalinor personally). Dalinor heads north, and takes Relthe, while Josua (who's made some progress in sword-fighting) takes Willard westward, towards some magic-city type place where Willard can learn. Maybe they stop in Tauran on their way back.

As usual, this is all idea, not set-in-stone.

How to deal with split partys: I'm thinking we'll have 10 or so post "chapters" about one group, done by everyone, then a "chapter" about another group, and so on. Maybe longer in some cases. I don't think a lot will be happening with Andrea and Jennifer, so their bits may be smaller and further between.

About the Hero and Josua:

The Hero is a swordsman. Maybe aknight. He and his friends were on the tail of a baddy and his lieutennant, both of whom were retreating back to their own territory. At one point, the lieutennant turns and fights. The result is that one of the group dies, another is nearly crushed (but is saved), and the Hero gets cut in the ribs by the Lieutenant's sword. It heals, but it's poisoned, so he's going nuts slowly. They continue. The bit that Josua replayed at teh camp happens, almost word-for-word. They calm him down, convince him it's all OK, and they continue. They come to a city, enter, are looking for the baddy, when the Hero goes berzerk and kills an innocent. They have to flee. I don't know what happens next.

I'm thinking that the episodes are going to happen mroe frequently, but the Hero's soul will realize it's not in it's own time anymore during those episodes. Slowly, Josua will gain more control, although not before having some serous problems with it. In the end, the two will almost become one: the Hero will be able to apply Josua's skills, and vice versa, although not as good as the skills owuld be in their "home soul".

That pretty much sums it up. If I forgot something, put it down, Lamaros.

One mroe thing, about Josua: he's about 5'11, muscular build, brown hair, and like the rest, knows nothing about his past.

ivan.sourceforge.net
_Iridia_
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, August 16, 2003 at 11:28 (GMT -5)

I'm having a bit of computer trouble right now, so I'm accessing this site from the library; I should be back online in one to four days. Until then, feel free to take over my characters as you please--just don't kill them. But you knew that. :)
Lamaros
Registered user
The sieve

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, August 16, 2003 at 20:17 (GMT -5)

I don't want to seem like I'm hogging the story, so I'll leave it for one of you to fill in the next little bit, even if it takes a little while (Andor has computer trouble too).

I'll work on the world information instead.
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, August 16, 2003 at 23:13 (GMT -5)

Ditto to what Lamaros said.

We seem to get a lot of details worked out in our online talks; who else uses instand messenger(s)? When their computers work, of course.

I have ICQ (113334898), AIM (guardsheep2000), and MSN (sir_happy@hotmail.com). MSN is what me and Lamaros use to talk, so that would probably be the most useful to have.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

3749 days, 2 hours, 4 minutes and 11 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, August 17, 2003 at 09:52 (GMT -5)

I'm back now. Turns out it was a simple problem of my trying to push the settings on my monitor past what it could handle. A different monitor that could handle it, a change of settings, and then switching them back (with a bit of embarassment in front of the sixteen-year-old computer whiz who told me what I'd done) fixed the problem quite nicely.

Anyhow. I can't post now, because I'm going to church with a couple of friends; but we'll get back in a couple of hours or so and then I can think about Jennifer and her dart game. :)

EDIT: There. Done. Even if I was interrupted twice!!

Anyhow:
Time: 6:45 pm
Characters: Dalinor is still talking to the guard captain. Relthe, Willard, Andrea, and Jennifer are sitting down in the Tavern.
New posessions: none.
New Characters: An unidentified old man.

Plans for the old guy? Nothing, if you don't want him; I'll just remove the last question about who he is if so. I'd say he'd be a good source of legends/stories/prophecy/etc. if you want one though.

Die Gedanken sind Frei

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 8/17/2003 at 21:50 (GMT -5) by Iridia]
Lamaros
Registered user
The sieve

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, August 17, 2003 at 22:29 (GMT -5)

Plot-holeish: Iridia, Relthe had already won the room. What Jennifer was doing was playing double or nothing. (ie: she won the silver and coppers that the original bet was valued at)

A suggestion, ignore it if you like, nothing serious:
Make the man less mysterious. Just have him as a local old guy. Have him say the stuff to Jayck more openly (an old man turned and shouted from the bar; "Quit grumblin' you oafs! You lost once and you lost again, fair an square. Should learn you to under-estimate a lady. Pay up and shut it.")

Makes the story seem more real, I feel. He can still be a source of rumor and the like, but it's not like every tiny town in the realm will have a mysterious old sage.

On that same note, can't Jennifer just have won on skill (or luck), not Andrea's superpowers?

[Edited 3 times, last edit on 8/18/2003 at 03:50 (GMT -5) by Lamaros]
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, August 18, 2003 at 01:04 (GMT -5)

Time: 6:40 PM
Characters: Dalinor is following the boy, while the others watch Relthe play at darts with Jayck.
New possesions: none.
New Characters: Tiner, the local guard captain; Pella, the owner of the tavern; the Laurist Sarman; a Prophet in Jamid.
New Places: Tamber (north, up the road), Jamid (southeast).

Have some more about the dealings in the inn. I'll deal with the talk w/ Sarman in a little while. However, I need suggestions of something that would be to petty for him to send someone else to deal with, that would take Dalinor and Josua in the direction of Tauran.

ivan.sourceforge.net

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 8/18/2003 at 01:08 (GMT -5) by Duke Ravage]
Lamaros
Registered user
The sieve

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, August 18, 2003 at 01:15 (GMT -5)

one of the least likely leads on the guy who led the uprising. ie, "We recieved a tip-off that he might be heading south to tauran. We have most of the major routes covered and if he tried this he wouldn't slip though. the rumor was a bit questionable, and we've not got the men to spare either way, but.. well you never know, it might be just the thing to escape our hunt. if he's a local, and he might well be, he probably knows the land well. Pella was saying there's a route down through the plains that might get him there.
"now, as i said, it's a long shot and we don't have the men, nor the time, to be investigating everything like that. however, as you're headed that way already..."

something like that, written alot better, of course *grin*

My new post! action, adventure!

Time: About 7pm
Characters: Dalinor is talking to sarman. The rest are in the inn, chatting about what's just ahppened with locals and guards.
New posessions: money. 1 dagger and 7 coppers.
New Characters: none.

I'm thinking Jayck & co. will be the ones who ambush Relthe on the road to Tauran, and injure Andrea.

they can probably try to get the rest of the money owed to them from Sarman (unpaid wages for Jayck and co.) though this might not be sucessful.

Jayck was unpopular in the guards and was about to get kicked out soon. as Relthe assumed, he used to be a thug and thus wasn't really cut out for the order. the people in the inn will be reasonably friendly towards the party still.

Relthe will probably get yelled at by someone for his antics (Andrea, Jennifer, Pella?) but not *too* much.

some of Jayck's group may have left equipment behind?

[Edited 4 times, last edit on 8/18/2003 at 03:53 (GMT -5) by Lamaros]
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, August 18, 2003 at 12:57 (GMT -5)

About my post.

Could you possibly edit it, Duke? I tried my best, but I don't know much about darts, or gambling... and writing it in between hectic beginning-of-semester meetings and moving didn't help me any.

And about the old guy.

I did not want an old sage... just someone who is old enough (you said the world was changing quickly, right?) to remember things as they were a while ago--anything which was common knowledge fifty years ago, but which other people may have forgotten.

Die Gedanken sind Frei

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 8/18/2003 at 13:14 (GMT -5) by Iridia]
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, August 18, 2003 at 14:10 (GMT -5)

I would edit your post, if I could see where it needed editing. What do you think needs fixing?

ivan.sourceforge.net
Lamaros
Registered user
The sieve

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, August 18, 2003 at 21:13 (GMT -5)

Re: Iridia's post

If jennifer lost we'd simply have been back where we started, not in trouble.

How does Andrea know Relthe had no money? I think she's getting way too powerful.

Re: My post.

A strange thing happened. Relthe used his mind talk to communicate with Jennifer, but as Andrea was touching Jennifer and shares the telepathy thing with here she picked it up also. However as it is a trick she suffered from the 'magical' bit of it, she'll probably have a headache or something.
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2003 at 07:54 (GMT -5)

Andrea knew Relthe had no money because she sensed he was bluffing when he proposed the wager. Not very much of a feat for a girl who's fully telepathic with her sister... she couldn't have heard Relthe's thoughts (that's beyond her ordinary powers) but general emotions, like Relthe's uneasiness, are quite likely to get through to her, especially since she has very good hearing. Someone who was perceptive enough could have figured it out without any superpowers at all.

Andrea's injury from Relthe's trick is a good thing plotwise... she's got to have some pretty severe weaknesses to balance out her strengths. For example, magical healing wouldn't work on her... it would even be dangerous.

Die Gedanken sind Frei

[Edited 3 times, last edit on 8/19/2003 at 07:56 (GMT -5) by Iridia]
Lamaros
Registered user
The sieve

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2003 at 20:42 (GMT -5)

I don't want to seem annoying, but I guess I can't help myself:

"After a bit of a pause, Andrea said, Relthe didn't have any money."

This is really minor but.. it'd be better if she said "I'm pretty sure Relthe has no money."

"We'd have been in severe trouble if you'd lost."

Not true. They'd have just been where they started. Relthe played and won the room. Jennifer played and if she lost they'd have just lost the room. If they won they get money (see my last post)

"Jennifer laughed, getting odd looks from some of the patrons. Thanks for not telling me that earlier. I would've been nervous enough to really mess things up if you had!
Don't mention it."

This bit doesn't make sense, given they had nothing to lose really (except the beds they'd just won.)

"What did that old guy tell Jayck?
Oh, Andrea laughed, he just said we were just innocent young girls, and shouldn't he be ashamed of himself, and hadn't we won fair and square?"

Doesn't fit in character with Jayck really, to listen to a quiet old man. I've painted him more as a thug. He'd do it if the man said it out aloud to the whole inn and shamed him, though.

These are rough lands, fringes of the human settlement on the plains. It's a bit rough and loud out here (the plains in general are a bit like that).

Hope I'm not being too picky.

In other things, I don't like going too long between posts, I hope you don't mind if I double post if the story hasn't advanced for a few days or more.

Duke: Hope you don't mind the line I had Josua say. I was thinking it could be a way of him unconviously incorperating the twined soul with his own in a more normal way. He will probably think the words he said just seemed right, and won't realise that it's not a completely original thought he had? If you dont like it I'll get rid of it.

[Edited 2 times, last edit on 8/19/2003 at 20:49 (GMT -5) by Lamaros]
Andor Drakon
Registered user
uummm... ElDeR cHaOs GoD?

Last page view:

7293 days, 22 hours, 19 minutes and 45 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2003 at 08:32 (GMT -5)

Yay! I think my computer trouble may be finally fixed (though expect me to go off in about a few days, thus satisfying Murphy's Law.). Oh well, at least I can post now... 621HF^&86r38VZz7F567%ha23

&*()#^$^9p86^*&%$^%#789o^8%65#E65#$56$5&$65#7!(!^865gakhfgaeigl&^%@&^GBUITG76R&uFG&^Ed&5E6U#e%^#$6%$u*g&t^rF6*rF&^Rf7IrRF^&58R^*E^%R^5r65r865RFuigvkF^&ifuiF67if65$7^iRU67r67*(9*T;;"L!

(just kidding)

ChAoS iS cOmInG!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2003 at 21:04 (GMT -5)

Murphy's Law, huh? :) I'm very familiar with that one myself...

I finally finished editing my post. I've had more trouble with this one than any in the past... really, I'm not this bad normally.

Can you all read over it and tell me if it's OK now?

I'd like Jennifer (my main character) to become a part of the main group. Andrea can be hurt and left behind someplace or other.

Die Gedanken sind Frei
duke ravage
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2003 at 23:59 (GMT -5)

I'm going to be gone for the weekend... and school starts next week. But that'll be ok, I should still be able to post. But keep the story moving. I'll read everything on Tuesday probably...
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, August 23, 2003 at 13:10 (GMT -5)

Hmm...

Do Jennifer and Andrea really seem that young? Nine is not old enough to do what they've been doing, especially Jennifer; I'd rather have Dalinor say they're about eleven.

Die Gedanken sind Frei

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 8/23/2003 at 13:10 (GMT -5) by Iridia]
Andor Drakon
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, August 23, 2003 at 23:13 (GMT -5)

Jennifer and Andrea are actually eleven if you like, Dalinor is not the most skilled judge of how old people from other planes of existence are. Arcanium people are slightly taller than we are (about 10 cm in adults, sometimes as much as 25 cm in children and adolescents), and as such he sees people from our world as younger, due to their shorter height. Josua and Willard are closer to 15 or even 16 than they are to 14.

ChAoS iS cOmInG!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Lamaros
Registered user
The sieve

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, August 24, 2003 at 21:25 (GMT -5)

Erm, Duke's already said Josua is about 19/20.

Look at my Arcanium info thread.

And it's not locial that any of them would be any younger than 16, in my opinion. If they were notably young it would have been noted by now.

Secondly, since when does Dalinor know this Sarman? The Order of Dawn and the Church do -not- get on well at all at the moment.

I really think it's a stretch to have these two people not only know each other, but also be friendly.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 8/24/2003 at 21:47 (GMT -5) by Lamaros]
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, August 24, 2003 at 21:42 (GMT -5)

Yeah, eleven is definitely on the young side. I just don't want the girls old enough to be attractive to the type of men you'd probably find in Arcanium, at least until they got used to living there.

New Post: Everything's the same as the last post, except that Relthe's supply of money is now a little lower.

Can someone tell me how much a meal for five people would cost?

Perhaps Dalinor and Sarman were friends while they were both still young? A set of friends, one on either side of a conflict, can make for very good plot twists.

Die Gedanken sind Frei

[Edited 3 times, last edit on 8/25/2003 at 00:06 (GMT -5) by Iridia]
Lamaros
Registered user
The sieve

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, August 24, 2003 at 21:51 (GMT -5)

In all honesty, this world isn't going to be just fileld with goody-goodies. And some men are interested in 11-year olds. Many normal men would find 13 year olds notable (My sister was at 13, and I hearn many comments to that end, being her brother and all).

Plus, the language they have been using so far woudl not fit with girls of such young age. Nor would it for the boys, or the way thay have handeled and delt with their situation.

I would put them at 17 at the youngest, and Will no younger than that either. Josua -is- aroudn 20. Me and Duke already talked about it.
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, August 24, 2003 at 22:04 (GMT -5)

You're right. They haven't been talking like 11-year-olds, and that's a plot hole way too big to fix.

Okay. 17, then.

BTW:

Yahoo: portia13895
AIM: infinitysquared3
MSN: infinitysquared3@hotmail.com

I'm usually online, but not always available.

Die Gedanken sind Frei

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 8/25/2003 at 00:05 (GMT -5) by Iridia]
Andor Drakon
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, August 25, 2003 at 02:47 (GMT -5)

Okay, okay... sure, I'll edit it 13, 19, whatever. I didn't really read the bit where the ages were defined properly.

Sarman and Dalinor were old friends from befor the tension, or something like that. THey know each other, and they fought on the same side in a skirmish against some non-human enemy (any semi-warring factions like the Order and the Church will band together against a real enemy, like the Dtarns or the Nerin), which is the "day in Pellrin Keep" that Dalinor mentioned, in which they were one of the few fighters and had to depend on each other for survival against the enemy.

What other plot holes have I made? (I know one will come up just after I fix the one about the ages?)

ChAoS iS cOmInG!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: