Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Stories / OOC: Arcanium

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 8 pages long.
Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5656 days, 14 hours, 12 minutes and 1 second ago.
Posted on Tuesday, September 16, 2003 at 16:09 (GMT -5)

I was thinking that FiresFury could possibly take over Lameros' job of maintaining the Arcanium Information thread, which could take a bit of pressure off of Lameros (i've been bad, been piling a lot of it on him lately... i need to get back to work myself...). Plus if we have someone only working on that it could make it a lot more up-to-date and accurate.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Lamaros
Registered user
The sieve

Last page view:

7162 days, 13 hours, 17 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, September 16, 2003 at 22:43 (GMT -5)

Ok, I've finalised some of the months thing and updated Aracnium Information Accordingly:

ARCANIUM MONTHS

The Months of the Seasons:

Dexor (Spring)
Torthi
Curth (Summer)
The passage of Quezeant (High Summer)
Ouva (Summer)
Duvei
Oubli (Autumn)
Nelth
Sorcha (Winter)
The passage of Quezanuot (High Winter)
Senth (Winter)
Qauli

The Passes of the Blood Moons:

still thinking about this in more detail. will be updated soon.

[Edited 6 times, last edit on 9/17/2003 at 01:08 (GMT -5) by Lamaros]
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, September 17, 2003 at 00:33 (GMT -5)

All i understood of that was the months thing... i know nothing as regards to the passage of moons.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Lamaros
Registered user
The sieve

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, September 17, 2003 at 00:49 (GMT -5)

The Passes of the Moons:

Five passes of the Moons are exactly equivilent to one seasonal year.

The moons are tied in with the twilight lands, the Preserve/Revenge Forests, certain magic and certain creatures, certain religious groups.. etc...

The moons cycle three times in a 9 year span in regards to the number in the sky, but the actual moons change (see below).

I have alot of thoughts on the moons, this is all in the process if being thought about, but for now I have.

The War Years:
The Large moon dominates the sky and the blood moon is barely seen.

The Struggling Years:
The bright moon dominates the sky and the large moon is scarce to be seen.

The Death Years:
The blood moon dominates the sky and the bright moon is scarce to be seen.

In addition, all the named passages have special things about them.

Details of the moons in the sky in more detail:
1 = in the sky, 0 = not in the sky. Each line is a new passage, each block a year.

WAR (years 1,2,3)

No.Moon	Large	Bright	Blood		Special
1	1	0	0		
3	1	1	1		
0	0	0	0		
2	1	1	0		
1	0	1	0		Torch

1	1	0	0		
1	1	0	0		
2	1	1	0		
2	0	1	1		Fires
1	1	0	0		

0	0	0	0		
0	0	0	0		
1	1	0	0		
2	1	1	0		
3	1	1	1		The War

STRUGGLE (years 4,5,6)					

1	0	0	1		Wounds
3	1	1	1		
0	0	0	0		
2	0	1	1		
1	0	1	0		

1	0	1	0		
1	0	1	0		
2	1	1	0		The Duel
2	0	1	1		
1	0	1	0		

0	0	0	0		
0	0	0	0		
1	0	1	0		
2	0	1	1		
3	1	1	1		

DEATH	(years 7,8,9)				

1	0	0	1		
3	1	1	1		Bleeding
0	0	0	0		
2	1	0	1		
1	0	0	1		

1	0	0	1		
1	0	0	1		
2	1	0	1		
2	1	0	1		
1	0	0	1		

0	0	0	0		
0	0	0	0		Seeds
1	0	0	1		
2	1	0	1		
3	1	1	1		

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 9/17/2003 at 03:33 (GMT -5) by Lamaros]
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, September 17, 2003 at 10:45 (GMT -5)

I still don't understand, but that's ok. It's not critical.

Here's that bit i was talking about lameros:

He held up the tip of his finger. "The fire will not burn," he whispered, "unless you believe." With a start, flame leapt up from his finger. It held for a moment, clinging to his finger like a child to it's mother, then rose, steady, until it floated a foot from his face. "If you believe in your power, in His power, you can do anything." His hand was lowered, and his eyes fixed on the flame. It wavered, tehn jumped, the flickering light illuminating the shadows of the twilit room. It stabbed into the darkness like a fencer, and suddenly it was a fencer, a tiny figure with a sword, burning, danceing, and then it was a dancer, spinning and leaping through the air, and then--

His eyes snapped away, and the flame vanished. "If you ignore it, disbelieve it, you will accomplish nothing." The flame still burned, but now it was in his eyes, the fire of conviction.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, September 19, 2003 at 00:15 (GMT -5)

I came up with another religion. I know very little about it, other than it's plethora of worshiped entities. Most would call them daemons. That they probably are, although they don't like to be called that. Instead they are:

Prentery (Angel of Illusions) {-1}
Mardaria (Angel of Smoke) {-1}
Gaulaniet (Angel of Binding) {-1}
Nuarand (Angel of the Caves) {-2}
Lundure (Angel of the Plague) {-2}
Everius (Angel of Venom) {-2}
Daizever (Angel of Madness) {-3}
Pharate (Angel of Sand) {-3}
Serunios (Angel of Fear) {-3}
Vezarian (Angel of Magic) {-4}
Anturio (Angel of Theft) {-4}
Verifas (Angel of the Flame) {-4}

Heunoral (Archangel of War) [-B] {1}
Falerieor (Archangel of Death) [-B] {2}
Kuros (Archangel of Rage) [-A] {3}
Batrunos (Archangel of Chaos) [-A] {4}

Oromiun (Master of Destruction) [A]
Rumerian (Master of Hate) [ B]

The letters/numbers next to the names are for who is subject to who. If it's just the number or letter, it's the master; if there's a - before it, it's saying who they serve.

These guys would be a very secret, cultish group, very small, and with spys in a lot of orginizations. Or not. I don't know. They are small, secret, and cultish. Lots of sacrifices in many ways. and when you sac to one diety, you have to sacrifice a larger portion to it's master. These are also pretty evil folks, with different sects doing different nasty stuff. almost everything they do is covert though; the servents of Heunoral, for example, won't take a band of people and attack the palace; they'll convince the leader of some group of raiders to attack the palace, while making the leader think it was his own idea in the first place.

Maybe at some point they were really powerful and didn't act quite so secretly. They certainly aren't now. nobody's going to be advertiseing "Hey there, I serve Pharate, how about you?" or trying to convert you, really. i don't know really what else to say about them; i don't have a name for them, any ideas on that are welcome...

ivan.sourceforge.net

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 9/19/2003 at 00:33 (GMT -5) by Duke Ravage]
FiresFury
Registered user
Fireball #37

Last page view:

7430 days, 17 hours, 56 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, September 19, 2003 at 18:32 (GMT -5)

Somehow...this new 'religion' system may just be an overlay. Transpose the other religions over it, y'know? For example: In the past, the inhabitants worshipped these angels directly, but their names and functions (according to the people) warped over time and we have the systems we have now. Forgotten Ones or some synonym should function, methinks. Of course, we'd have to expand that list to include 'good' types.

I burn.
I burn to be.
I burn to be that which I cannot become.
I burn to live.
I burn to live well.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 9/19/2003 at 18:32 (GMT -5) by FiresFury]
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

3749 days, 10 hours, 52 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, September 19, 2003 at 19:33 (GMT -5)

I like the idea of a secret group, though.... maybe the "good" types evolved into modern versions, and the ones Duke listed didn't?

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Andor Drakon
Registered user
uummm... ElDeR cHaOs GoD?

Last page view:

7294 days, 7 hours, 7 minutes and 51 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, September 21, 2003 at 18:56 (GMT -5)

Yeah, at last an evil religon. Or mostly evil, anyway. Some of the more extreme of these guys could be one of the main evil forces in the game, maybe?

I'd say this religon is mostly in Sarvent. It has spies/small branches in Illdean, Deriough, Great Plains, Free Cities, etc, but very little influence and it has to stay 99.99% nonexistant.

ChAoS iS cOmInG!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, September 21, 2003 at 21:40 (GMT -5)

i would say that it porbably has at least 1 group in each city, doing their meetings/etc outside of the city. i would think they'd be fairly evenly spread, but perhaps yeah, more focused in the north. perhaps it came from the north, beyond Sarvent even?

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, September 22, 2003 at 14:29 (GMT -5)

I wonder... about your "messed up world" idea, where people and things from Arcanium and our world tend to get randomly transported back and forth...

Perhaps the group we're talking about has something to do with it--a side-effect of something that went wrong. Maybe they attempted to try controlled travel between their world and another, but it didn't work and they ended up breaking the barrier between the two worlds...

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Lamaros
Registered user
The sieve

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, September 22, 2003 at 21:26 (GMT -5)

Duke, sorry!

Will post tonight, I PROMISE! I got all caught up in stuff last night, i'm afraid.
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2003 at 10:55 (GMT -5)

yay! now i have something to post to! gimme a couple days to think of something.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, September 26, 2003 at 06:33 (GMT -5)

Long-awaited (?) descriptions of my two characters... Jennifer is main, Andrea is minor, but since they are sisters I would say they're both going to be in the story long-term, unless one of them dies.

Jennifer
Sex: Female
Appearance: Jennifer is of average height (5'4") and weight (115 pounds/50 kg), and has long, dark blonde hair and brown eyes. Her appearance can best be generally described as "ordinary"; were she to learn the proper skills, she could blend in anywhere.

At this point, Jennifer's main focus is on survival. She's somewhat cynical and she tends to be suspcious; she's also very protective of Andrea, her twin sister. Jennifer is more of a planner than a leader, though she's capable of leading if she has to. She tends to think on her feet and will eventually be able to survive just about anything through luck and planning, and maybe a well-placed arrow--though she'd rather it didn't come to that. Still, if she's required to, Jennifer will fight hard and probably well. Though the safety of her sister and herself tends to be her first concern, Jennifer would be just as fiercely protective of any cause she decided to adopt as she now is of her sister.

In her former life, which she doesn't remember, Jennifer was involved in sports and is, consequently, somewhat more athletic than usual for a girl her age (though nowhere near Josua's level). She's very good with any sort of missile--especially rocks--and will probably start using a bow and arrows in the near future.

Jennifer shares a telepathic link with her sister Andrea. She can sense her sister's emotions at any distance and is affected to a lesser degree by any injury which Andrea receives. When the two are in physical contact, they can read each other's minds and communicate using a sort of telepathic language that transfers impressions and images from one mind to the other, and as a result is much faster and more accurate than normal speech. With some effort, they can communicate over a distance when not in contact, though they haven't tested great distances yet.

Andrea
Sex, age, and appearance are the same as Jennifer, except that Andrea's hair is shoulder-length and she's a little thinner than Jennifer. Though she's blind, her eyes appear normal (though she usually has them closed).

Thanks to a side-effect of whatever transferred her and her twin from our world to Arcanium, Andrea is completely blind. Instead, she has a sixth sense that allows her to sense and probably manipulate all forms of life. She's the origin of the telepathic bond between her and her sister; and in Andrea, that bond extends not just to her sister but to any other life nearby.

Jennifer's worry about Andrea is mostly unfounded; Andrea can actually take care of herself quite well. Though she doesn't know it and can't control it, Andrea's talent is more powerful than any magic currently existing in Arcanium. Unfortunately, since Andrea's mind is so attuned to the natural order of things, anything that tampers with that natural order--magic, in other words--will harm or kill her; for example, if someone tried to heal her magically, Andrea would be harmed; if someone tried to harm her, she would be seriously injured or even killed.

Unlike her sister, Andrea is very comfortable in the countryside. She tends to be easygoing and trusts people easily; though her talent allows her to know people intimately, she tends to be introverted. At the moment, Andrea seems quite content with her situation. Andrea's focus is on keeping the peace--whether it be settling petty arguments or cataclysmic warfare, she'd rather use her talents to settle a dispute peacefully than to win it for her side.

Die Gedanken sind Frei

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 9/26/2003 at 06:37 (GMT -5) by Iridia]
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, October 21, 2003 at 00:37 (GMT -5)

Question: why are we using the normal OOC thread for all our Arcanium discussion?

Anyway, I patched Dalinor's departure. Someone want to find the runner, and set those two off? Also, perhaps a bit more of talk/etc involving Willard and Relthe? This is a good time for character development, you two. (Lameros and... i can't remember who Willard's person is...)

ivan.sourceforge.net
Andor Drakon
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, October 21, 2003 at 03:39 (GMT -5)

I'm "conrolling" Willard.

ChAoS iS cOmInG!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, October 21, 2003 at 16:10 (GMT -5)

Ah, good to know... I thought it was you, but couldn't remember.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, October 29, 2003 at 08:38 (GMT -5)

Lamaros; good post--can you give us an expanation of how exactly that happened!?

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, October 29, 2003 at 16:10 (GMT -5)

yeah, i was about to ask the same thing. is this the elementalists or some other force? what's going on here? or is that left for us to decide?

ivan.sourceforge.net
Lamaros
Registered user
The sieve

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, October 29, 2003 at 17:26 (GMT -5)

The general idea was something like:

Willard is really very gifted with magical things and his voice holds a certain commanding power. In his enthuastiac ignorance he literaly talked up a storm. Because he was talking so animatedly to Relthe and trying to hold Relthe's attention to what he was saying he ended up isolating Relthe from any sound in the room.

Relthe ran out of the place to distance himself from what he thought might be an attack. He was planning to find a place where he could hide or some such, so dark corner of the down he could use his light trick to blend into the shadows. He took the sword with him because he thought it might have had sometihng to do with it, though it doesn't.

I'm thinking Relthe will stumble back into the inn after a while when nothing ends up happening. He'll be a little confused but eventually work out it must have had something to do with Willard.

When he gets back the group will have an extra sword it can use, maybe Jen or Will can wield it.

In other things: Will, Jen, Relthe and Andrea are goign to set off by themselves now? It's not like they made plans with Dalinor to meet up.. ??

Perhaps it'd be fun if from now on we didn't really have that concrete plans, just post what you think and maybe do an OOC one about what you're thinking about, and let it flow?

*shrugs*

Perhaps Jusua and Dalinor can meet trouble or something, and send the runner back to town to let Relthe and the rest know what's happening, and where to meet up with them?

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 10/29/2003 at 17:28 (GMT -5) by Lamaros]
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, October 29, 2003 at 17:41 (GMT -5)

yeah, that's how storys generally work. I just like there being some sort of general "here's where we want to go" kind of thing worked out, and then fill in how to get there as we go along. E.g. Dalinor and Josua are going to leave on their own. How? Why? When? Relthe & co are going to leave the town as well. You've already pointed out the questions on that one. Relthe and co. are attacked en route, and Andrea gets injured. Who attacked them? Why? How did andrea get hurt? How does the group get out of the mess? Then what?
It's like a maze. You know where you are, you know where you want to be, but you don't know the path.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, December 02, 2003 at 16:59 (GMT -5)

OK. Updated Arcanium. I figure Dalinor got surprised and and teh guard nailed him in the back of the head with the blund end of his sword, then went and found the kid. Dalinor woke up at some point, realized what was going on, and had been carefully moving toward the sentry, planning to surprise and kill him from the ground. So later on he'll have a nice big headache.

Would anyone like to take over Dalinor? because if things turn out the way I'm hoping, it'll be just me and Dalinor for a while, and I get bored of just writing my exploits myself...

[EDIT] I just realized that the others don't have any reason to leave. perhaps we can have Dalinor and Josua meet up with a traveler headed for Dunn (that was the name of the town right? been so long...) and ask him to deliver a message? They could think the rebels are chasing them, and thats why they can't go back, maybe. I don't know. I'll leave it to someone else (Please let ther ebe someone else.) [/EDIT]

ivan.sourceforge.net

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 12/2/2003 at 17:03 (GMT -5) by Duke Ravage]
Andor Drakon
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, December 05, 2003 at 02:38 (GMT -5)

Goddaminit! *hits self over head repeatedly* POST! THINK OF SOMETHING! ARGH!

Must... Think... Of... Something...

Okay, I'm now going to try and post on Arcanium. When I'm done, point out what I did wrong and which plans I messed up.

If I can think of something, that is...

*hits head again*

EDIT: Thought of some kind of magical attack on Relthe and Willard, which I have just shamelessly pinched from a Robert Jordan book, but anyway.

EDIT2:Okay, now that's finished. It turns out I only stole a tiny bit of the idea from Robert Jordan. Yay, finally I made a post.

ChAoS iS cOmInG!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

[Edited 2 times, last edit on 12/5/2003 at 04:00 (GMT -5) by Andor Drakon]
FiresFury
Registered user
Fireball #37

Last page view:

7430 days, 17 hours, 56 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, December 15, 2003 at 19:51 (GMT -5)

Sorry for not having been around much...
Not very involved yet...lol...
Anything you want me to do?

I burn.
I burn to be.
I burn to be that which I cannot become.
I burn to live.
I burn to live well.
Portrait
Anarchy2
Registered user
- Tainted Love -

Last page view:

7275 days, 6 hours and 34 minutes ago.
Posted on Monday, December 15, 2003 at 21:22 (GMT -5)

I'm a writer...but I never seem to show my true potential.Mayhap,my name will be known by all one day,ne?But that would take a miracle. :D

Anyway,I want to help out too.I don't have anything better to do,anyway.I'm bored. :(

Fear me not,I'll go nice on you....For now.
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, December 16, 2003 at 00:38 (GMT -5)

Not much is happening. What with Lameros apparently abandoning the project and me struggling not to fail any classes, and i don't know what Irida is doing, just that she's in school, things are moving rather... slow. *sigh* in any case... i have an idea for everyone. start throwing ideas around. where we could go, what we could do, what the world is like, more about cultures etc etc....

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Anarchy2
Registered user
- Tainted Love -

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, December 16, 2003 at 05:39 (GMT -5)

Well,the post about Relthe and Willard was quite confusing,so I can't help you with that(excuse my limited intellectuality).

About Josua...why is he carrying that halfhelm with him?In their current situation,it would be more logical for him to drop it(also assuming Josua's state).Well,since it is already mentioned that he brought the halfhelm with him,it could be something important in the story...here are some of my ideas(don't laugh):

He wears the halfhelm,and has a flashback of himself wearing a similar helm,with armour and a sword and stuff like that.Yanno,when he killed that guy... :D

It could be used to stop a disaster(which is common in stories)...such as a giant rock hitting his head,or he throws the helm at a psychotic screaming bat about to bite Dalinor...what are the possibilities.

See what a simple sentence could drag you to?

Anyway...like Lamaros said,they could send the runner to tell the others about Josua and Dalinor;who got in trouble(possibly captured)...but then,that would totally make Josua carrying the halfhelm useless.

And don't ask me why I'm so obsessed with the helm.I won't give you a straight answer anyway.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 12/16/2003 at 07:26 (GMT -5) by Anarchy2]
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, December 16, 2003 at 19:34 (GMT -5)

Not sure why i made him keep the helm... but in any case they can't send the runner back as he's dead now. Oh well. We'll think of something.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Anarchy2
Registered user
- Tainted Love -

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, December 16, 2003 at 19:58 (GMT -5)

He's dead?OMG,and he's just a kid too...

Maybe they could run into a new character who decides to help them out(not necessarily on purpose).I *could* post in there,given permission.And I'll be active too!I promise! :D

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 12/16/2003 at 20:06 (GMT -5) by Anarchy2]
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, December 16, 2003 at 23:23 (GMT -5)

*cough* *cough*
Hey Anarchy... uhm... *g*
Just thought i'd point out that what has taken 3 or 4 or 5 posts for the two of us to mention i mentioned in one post right after i wrote my last story post. *points up* Go read it. *g*

ivan.sourceforge.net
Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: