Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Stories / OOC: Arcanium

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 8 pages long.
Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5661 days, 19 hours and 21 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, December 16, 2003 at 23:23 (GMT -5)

*cough* *cough*
Hey Anarchy... uhm... *g*
Just thought i'd point out that what has taken 3 or 4 or 5 posts for the two of us to mention i mentioned in one post right after i wrote my last story post. *points up* Go read it. *g*

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Anarchy2
Registered user
- Tainted Love -

Last page view:

7280 days, 11 hours, 22 minutes and 20 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, December 16, 2003 at 23:34 (GMT -5)

Stop giggling...

OK,I'll be more careful next time.Yanno!

Fear me not,I'll go nice on you....For now.
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, December 29, 2003 at 02:04 (GMT -5)

Ok, we need to keep moving. We have stalled. This latest post, witht he blinks and what not... i can't see an easy segway out of it... any suggestions? Andor, this is your creation, and it's happening to you and lameros' characters. so it's up to one of you two to get you out of it and smooth things over as best you can... i'm not saying it can't be a major part of the story and have further implications, etc, but right now i think you two should get your chars in bed so they can wake up in the morning. Jennifer and Andrea are already asleep and Josua dn Dalinor will be sleeping soon too. I'll write that up tomorrow, i think....

ivan.sourceforge.net
Andor Drakon
Registered user
uummm... ElDeR cHaOs GoD?

Last page view:

7299 days, 11 hours, 56 minutes and 11 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, December 30, 2003 at 05:43 (GMT -5)

It should end when the sword (the focal point of the magic) is dropped.

Okay... *goes to post*

ChAoS iS cOmInG!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 12/30/2003 at 05:44 (GMT -5) by Andor Drakon]
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, January 03, 2004 at 01:50 (GMT -5)

Time: Approx. 2 AM.
Events: Josua and Dalinor have settled down to sleep, Dalinor is on watch while Josua dreams.

Took a while but I posted. That's part of Josua's Hero's story that he's dreaming about. I geuss it's up to me to proceed for them with the story...

Andor, thanks for posting. Now we just need to figure out what to do next...

BTW Andor, i think i've asked you this before, but do you ahve any instant messangers we could use to talk? being able to correspond with Lameros and Iridia has been helpful to me, esp. in coming up with ideas on where to go, etc.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Andor Drakon
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, January 03, 2004 at 19:22 (GMT -5)

I've got Yahoo! messenger, and also technically MSN (technichalliy in that it appears on my desktop but I can't actually do anything with it.)

ChAoS iS cOmInG!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, January 03, 2004 at 20:47 (GMT -5)

what's your Yahoo id?

ivan.sourceforge.net
Andor Drakon
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, January 03, 2004 at 21:47 (GMT -5)

jakefscott

ChAoS iS cOmInG!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, January 03, 2004 at 21:54 (GMT -5)

watch for Armadon3 (thats me)

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, July 18, 2004 at 03:17 (GMT -5)

if anyone would like to join the Arcanium and wouldn't mind using someone else's characters, we could use an extra person... with Lameros gone we're kinda short one person.

speaking of (seemingly) absent people, Andor Drakon, you still around? or do we need to give someone your character too?
ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

3754 days, 15 hours, 40 minutes and 37 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, July 23, 2004 at 23:46 (GMT -5)

Hmm... you might want to post this on a main board, "General" maybe. I suggest you mention that we need people who are fairly literate and willing to use Spell-Check.

Edit: Argh! I was going to try and update, but I have no idea what Dalinor's plan is... care to elaborate?
Die Gedanken sind Frei

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 7/23/2004 at 23:47 (GMT -5) by Iridia]
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, July 24, 2004 at 20:54 (GMT -5)

Lol, yeah, i geuss that was kinda my & Lameros' show.

Let me see. If i recall correctly, Dalinor is headed for... god, forgot the name of the town! The main one for the Elementalists. Can't remember what was supposed to happen from there..

oh, wait. if you're talking about his plan right now, i suppose I could elaborate on that too. basically he's running interferance for Josua, because he's a trained Knight. He can probably handle himself fairly well in most situations, but he can't take on a bunch of rebels, so he's going to have to lead them astray and then ditch them, and meet up with Josua on the road, or possibly in... that city.
ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Derek B Rackham Esq.
Registered user
Swordsman of Forcena

Last page view:

6960 days, 16 hours, 59 minutes and 8 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, July 26, 2004 at 19:05 (GMT -5)

Hey Duke just read your post in the general forum, and I'm really keen to fill in any slots in Arcanium. Tried to join in on a couple of RPs on this forum, but they all just seem to dry up and die. Posting regularly won't be a problem - I log in to a permanent connection 8 hrs a day 5 days a week and get plenty of spare time.... What do you say?
Tell me how to get stronger....
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, August 06, 2004 at 22:31 (GMT -5)

Hmm, not sure. I need to know how you write... just to make sure i'm not hiring ... well i don't know what to compare to, but...

How 'bout this. It seems Andor Drakon and Lameros are both gone, so, pick one of those characters (Willard or Relthe, or even Dalinor if you so choose), write some with him (like what you'd put in a post or something) and email it to me at sir_happy@hotmail.com . Name it something i'll notice, like Arcanium Story or Derek B Rackham Esq. or something. I don't know, something... noticeable. Don't mean to be a hardass about it... i just like this story. I want it to be good.
ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, August 09, 2004 at 20:13 (GMT -5)

Just to let anyone who reads this know, I got Derek's email and he's on the team. Yay.
ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Derek B Rackham Esq.
Registered user
Swordsman of Forcena

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, August 09, 2004 at 20:29 (GMT -5)

Hey Ravage check your mail(s) for an edited version of the post and explanations of why I have done what I have...
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, August 09, 2004 at 23:15 (GMT -5)

Hey D, got any IM dealies on your comp we could talk with? I've got basically all of them so just name one and what your s/n is...
ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Derek B Rackham Esq.
Registered user
Swordsman of Forcena

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, August 09, 2004 at 23:18 (GMT -5)

hmmm I have a little trouble with my fire wall, MIRC works for me...
lol just got msn to work, dbresq01@hotmail.com

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 8/9/2004 at 23:22 (GMT -5) by Derek B Rackham Esq.]
Portrait
Derek B Rackham Esq.
Registered user
Swordsman of Forcena

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, August 10, 2004 at 01:04 (GMT -5)

First post is up guys, ready for someone to carry on...
Lamaros
Registered user
The sieve

Last page view:

7167 days, 18 hours, 5 minutes and 22 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, August 18, 2004 at 04:42 (GMT -5)

I don't want to be a pedant, seeing as I'm a lazy bastard and havn't contributed anything recently to the story. But well, your Relthe is a bit inconsistant with.. how he really is. :)

The arcanium information thread is a great rescource :)

i will write again soon, I would like to. might i ask that until i say otherwise, or until you just cant wait for me, you leave the realth perspective to just me? :)

Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

3754 days, 15 hours, 40 minutes and 37 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, August 18, 2004 at 09:09 (GMT -5)

Well, they were getting onto me to write something... what was I supposed to do?

A bit of editing from you ought to set things back on the right track.
Die Gedanken sind Frei

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 8/18/2004 at 09:10 (GMT -5) by Iridia]
Portrait
Matt
Registered user
Adventurer

Last page view:

6917 days, 54 minutes and 29 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, August 18, 2004 at 16:50 (GMT -5)

Uh.... Lamaros? Relthe? Iridia? Who? What? Where?

I thought Lamaros was out of the picture, and no one had taken Relthe and that Dalinor wasn't advisable to take so I was going to take Relthe, but now that I'm looking around, Iridia/Derek has/have taken Relthe, but Lamaros doesn't believe he/she/they are working with the character like he/she/they should, so Lamaros wants them to wait, which means I have to pick another character, though I have no clue which ones are open to be picked or not... err, who's doing what now?

Welcome to my world! =D But, no, really, someone tell me what to do, here. I'd like to put in a helping hand but I'm at somewhat of a loss.
Portrait
Matt
Registered user
Adventurer

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, August 18, 2004 at 17:57 (GMT -5)

Maybe I can make sense of it all.

Duke Ravage [AFOOT]: Joshua
Andor Drakon [DEFUNCT]: Willard
Iridia [AFOOT]: Jennifer, Andrea
Lamaros [DEFUNCT/AFOOT]: Relthe

Major Characters: Joshua, Willard, Jennifer, Andrea, Relthe

This is how things seem to be going in recent posts to the Arcanium story thread:

Joshua [Duke Ravage]
Jennifer, Andrea [Iridia]
Willard [Iridia/Derek]
Relthe [Iridia/Derek]

When you account for the Lamaros Factor (hereafter referred to as the L-FACTOR!) you get this:

Joshua [Duke Ravage]
Willard [Iridia/Derek]
Relthe [Lamaros/NONE]

It seems that Willard and Relthe are getting shuffled around a bit, so if we shuffled things around a bit, and discounted the L-FACTOR:

Joshua [Duke Ravage]
Willard [Derek/Matt]
Relthe [Matt/Derek]

Then Derek and I can each taken one major character. Does that sound right?

However, the importance of the L-FACTOR can't be discluded, so if Lamaros were to re-join the story for a single post in order to magically teleport Relthe somewhere far, far away until Relthe (Lamaros) happens (decides) to return someday....

Major Characters: Joshua, Willard, Jennifer, Andrea

Joshua [Duke Ravage]
Willard [Derek/Matt]

Having already shown himself to be an excellent writer as well as holding seniority, Derek is bestowed control of the third and only remaining major character:

Joshua [Duke Ravage]
Willard [Derek]

And, as seen in this diagram, Duke Ravage, Iridia and Derek knock Matt unconscious, bind his hands and feet, and ceremoniously throw him off the Really High Cliff of Uselessness and Redundancy (best rendered in eight-point Courier font):

......._o_ _o_ _o_....
........|...|...|.....
......./.\./.\./.\....
......,---------------
......|***************
......|***************
......|***************
......|***************
......|***************
......|***************
......|***************
..\o/.|***************
...|..|***************
../.\.|***************
......|***************
......|***************
......|***************
......|***************
......|***************
.....;|***************
......|***************
......|***************
......|***************
......|***************
######|***************
######|***************

In scenario B, I catch a cliff branch (represented by ';') before hitting the bubbling lava (represented by a series of '#') and am pull back up by Duke & co. with a rope (not depicted).

From there, two options follow. In option #1, I introduce another character, for purposes of this diagram known as 'Character X', into the Arcanium story:

Joshua [Duke Ravage]
Willard [Derek]
Character X [Matt]

In option #2, which is just as unlikely as option #1, I take control of a minor character like Dalinor, who presently seems to be under the control of the writer of the character/characters who accompany him:

Joshua [Duke Ravage]
Willard [Derek]
Dalinor [Matt]

But in the by far the most likely scenario, Duke figures all this out himself and tells me later.
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, August 18, 2004 at 22:41 (GMT -5)

*thinking, thinking*

*gives up*

I just got back from a camping trip which was most unpleasent. Once I settle in again I'll figure all this out.
ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Derek B Rackham Esq.
Registered user
Swordsman of Forcena

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, August 19, 2004 at 01:38 (GMT -5)

Ahhh the return of the prodigal son! Hey Lamaros, we thought you were gone from the forum, at least from Arcanium anyway. Relthe and Willard kinda got relegated to me in your absence, but if you want any/both of these chars back I guess thats your call. I should point out that in trying to take on Relthe and Willard I only really had the Arcanium/info threads to go on, and it was kinda tricky to guess who the character was from your point of view. Just had to go with what I could derive from a readers point of view and jump in there to have a go. I would like to continue participating in the story even if you take Willard and/or Relthe, but we'll wait to see what happens.
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, August 19, 2004 at 16:10 (GMT -5)

OK.
Here's what I think i'm going to do.
Lameros wants us to leave Relthe alone. Alright, we will. But it would be reall nice if either one of us or him would run him; otherwise it rather slows up that end of the story.
So. here's how I think it's going to work:

Me: Josua
Iridia: Jennifer/Andrea
Derek: Willard

Matt, I don't know what to do with you. I think I'm going to have you write for Dalinor's character; just remember his minor-ish character status.

And until we hear more from Lameros on it, I think we'll just leave Relthe's thoughts out of the story. We'll puppet him around some but keep it minimal; just focus on the other characters.
ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, August 19, 2004 at 19:49 (GMT -5)

i'm also thinking... now that we're nice and split up we need to concentrate on one group at a time. so every so often we'll swap groups, and while we're working with any given group pretty much everyone's going to have free reign on all characters in that group.
ivan.sourceforge.net
Lamaros
Registered user
The sieve

Last page view:

7167 days, 18 hours, 5 minutes and 22 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, August 19, 2004 at 20:41 (GMT -5)

Derek, I was just wondering.

I've worked out what i'm going to put in, and it just requires a little tweaking from what you've got down to make it flow. So if it's ok with you.. could you end your post with the line:

"What? Who are you talking about?"

other things:

just a general rewiting of this section to:

It was Relthe’s turn now to quickly soak up the room and realize what a dull task keeping watch was to be. Reconciling this fact, his mind began to wander over the past few days leading up to tonight. He glanced over at Willards the sleeping form. Though he hated to admit it, he could not think back to when he had been so relaxed and comfortable with someone. Willard seemed to accept and relate to everything they discussed, especially the topics of magic. Teaching Willard was easy but Relthe couldn't escape the feeling that there was something wrong. He was able to feel the power surging in Willard at times, especially when it came down to demonstrations or practical use of his knowledge. Relthe knew he didn't have much power himself but Willard was different, as far as Relthe knew he had some of the greatest raw power he had ever seen. But without proper guidance and training such power could cause problems, big problems, and he knew he had to be careful. Relthe sighed and looked over at Will. He wasn't sure, but he couldn't shake the feeling that tonight’s troubles had more to do with Willard than that had to do with himself. So many difficult decisions had plagued him lately, and he could tell that danger was far from through with him yet.

Willard’s sleep seemed very disturbed now, he almost seemed to be resisting or pushing something away. “NO!”

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 8/19/2004 at 20:42 (GMT -5) by Lamaros]
Portrait
Matt
Registered user
Adventurer

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, August 19, 2004 at 22:10 (GMT -5)

Well, I'm willing to do anything at all. I'd love to participate in an RP story sometime, but I have the rest of my life, however long that is, and there's no need to saddle me with an ex-minor character like Dalinor to tie up loose ends.

But, I was thinking, Duke.... Lamaros seems to be willing to pass off the Relthe for a little while, he's just in slight conflict with what's been done with him so far; looks like he'd just trying to coach Derek on how to work with Relthe.

....With this in mind, maybe.... if Lamaros is willing to give it a shot, and Derek isn't certain he wants to take responsibility for two major characters, I could possibly send an e-mail with a sample of my Relthe to both you (Duke) AND Lamaros, with acceptance into the Arcanium RP inclusive to both your (their) approvals.

Keep in mind that, as I said before, I'm willing to work this out in the way that's coolest for everyone. Spread the love, I say!
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, August 19, 2004 at 22:25 (GMT -5)

I'm all for that. Do you have MSN? If you do we all could get in contact and this'd be easier.
ivan.sourceforge.net
Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: