Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / training stats

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Djinni
Registered user
don't rub MY ring

Last page view:

7035 days, 9 hours, 3 minutes and 42 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, August 24, 2003 at 15:02 (GMT -5)

I've just discovered something pretty neat, I have the tough scales corruption which lowered my Dex to 19, however i found that i could train this score back up to 25 with moss of mareilon, which is pretty awesome because once i get rid of the corruption i'll be up to 31 :D

it got me thinking as to other ways to train stats using herbs like this, I read in another thread about training above 25 while sick doesnt work, but has this been tested? It would make sense that it would work as the temp losses to my dex didn't matter to training

as for the other corruptions, there are a few others with major dex losses, a couple of tou losses but wil isnt really touched...except for the somewhat apish corruption.
I've not yet played around enough with this, i can
t remember how that corruption works.
Are the stat drains & gains only a temp effect of the corruption or are they permanent & also when you lose points, is the potential score lowered too?
willpower & learning would be simple to restore (if you're a mining, herb gathering type with gemology at least) while cha & app are pretty much useless stats in my opinion once you're mid level

hmmm...
*wanders off to find a kobold steak*
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5738 days, 2 hours, 32 minutes and 15 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, August 25, 2003 at 04:17 (GMT -5)

Training with herbs while sick works - I've done it a lot. Just make yourself sick, then eat the morgia or use the mareilon, then cure your sickness. (BTW, no need to find a kobold - devils rose will do.) You can get your Dex to 30 this way, maybe even a little higher if you use more mareilon than usual for the last training. If you remove the corruption, that will put your Dex to 36! (I say "if" because you can't stay corruption-free, and it's better to save your SoCR and PoCC for really annoying corruptions.)

If you get unnaturally aged, check whether any of your stats have gone down to a level where they can be trained with herbs. I wouldn't recommend getting or staying aged deliberately, though - far too many of my good characters have died from old age.

Somewhat apish is a horrible corruption. The initial effect goes away when the corruption is removed, but the effects of "You suddenly remember your ancestors" are permanent. I remove this corruption as soon as I get it.
qpax
Registered user

Last page view:

7367 days, 22 hours, 24 minutes and 19 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, October 03, 2003 at 08:23 (GMT -5)

That's what I wanted to ask about. The "ancestors". Does it come from corruptions?

"I want ye to slay a female goblin slavemaster ghul. Return to me when you have succeded."
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5636 days, 15 hours, 51 minutes and 15 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, October 08, 2003 at 12:41 (GMT -5)

I think it didn't use to have a limit earlier, but in the new version it only increases your strength to about 30. All the good stuff taken away from the game...

If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: