Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Help with Amulet of lifesaving

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Egg King
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, September 02, 2003 at 02:39 (GMT -5)

Ok going for an ultra, I have the medal of chaos and havnt gone to the stone circle yet (alignment doesnt matter for this right?) but for the life of me (pun intended:) I cant find an amulet of life saving:(
Ok Ive done all the pools I can find and looted all the graves, whats the best chance of finding one ?
level 26 dark elf bard enhanced luck and fate on day 55 Any advice would be very handy:)
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5764 days, 17 hours, 32 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, September 02, 2003 at 04:12 (GMT -5)

Yes, AoLS hunting is one of the most annoying parts of ADOM. Start by exploring all the dungeons that you can get to and survive in, if you haven't already. I assume you've drained all the Darkforge pools? Have you been to the water dragon's lair? She might have an AoLS in her treasure hoard, or if you can kill her, she might drop one. Have you completed the Tower? I once found an RoDS in there.

Egg King
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, September 02, 2003 at 06:49 (GMT -5)

Yeah darkforge is done (I always go there for exp and cool armour\weapons)
Havent done the tower because I still havent found a fireproof blanket:( talk about annoying.
I think I will give the water dragon lair a shot(darkness works right:)
Ive already spend a good amount of time(10 days of game time I think) in the Infinite(around lvl 30-35) looking for it.
How does crowning work once you get the ToRR? So many Arifacts have been generated how can you be crowned?
firestorm
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, September 02, 2003 at 12:24 (GMT -5)

level 30-35 has high background corruption, you might have trouble with that later in the game, corruption might hit pretty early.

2 blessed rings of luck, blessed ankh on , lucky and fate smiles, infinite dungeon levels 8-9 works for me.....actually lately ive been finding either the amulet straight off or wand of wishing/ ring / wish from pool.
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3116 days, 7 hours, 25 minutes and 54 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, September 02, 2003 at 12:54 (GMT -5)

The number of artefacts does not have any effect on CRWOWNING. Just pre-, and postcrowinings need that lvl=8+(3*artefacts) thing.

A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5663 days, 6 hours, 51 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, September 02, 2003 at 13:45 (GMT -5)

Have you got pickpocketing? Try it on every monster you meet. Who knows, you might get lucky.

(ok, pretty desperate but you ain't got many choices left :)

Do try the ToEF! I've also once found a RoDS lying there on the floor. I had huge luck it hadn't burnt by the time I found it.

If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 9/2/2003 at 13:46 (GMT -5) by J.]
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5764 days, 17 hours, 32 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, September 02, 2003 at 15:09 (GMT -5)

That wasn't luck - RoDS are made of adamantium, so they don't burn or melt.
J.
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, September 02, 2003 at 15:28 (GMT -5)

Are you sure? I though only eternium items were totally safe, and at least mithril items can burn.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Lavos
Registered user
Cardiovascular Endurance

Last page view:

7095 days, 8 hours, 55 minutes and 59 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, September 02, 2003 at 23:24 (GMT -5)

Well, get a few blessed !oEx and and go to an area with a high danger level (DH works good.) Dip some kind of ring (i usually bless it for good luck too.) and dip it in. I got a RoDS on my first try. Be sure to bless it though!

(:
Egg King
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, September 03, 2003 at 08:21 (GMT -5)

Oh well its all to no avail any way while playing with the water dragon in the dark (read backstabing\murdering) she decided that she had had enough play and smacked me twice once was a crit and the second was enough to knock me to -3:(
There was an amulet in there that I hadnt seen:) It was either beauty or life saving since they were the only ones I hadnt found yet.
So you guys think that the rings of luck help?
I never seem to find that many of them any way.
Got another bard set up so maybe I'll be luckier this time.
fireangel
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, September 03, 2003 at 10:57 (GMT -5)

well uhh, im confused about the amulets, how did you know for sure youd found all the other amulets?
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3116 days, 7 hours, 25 minutes and 54 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, September 03, 2003 at 12:27 (GMT -5)

He checked the list of them all/remembers all? You *CAN* check all the items you identified (just press the right key), and there's not that many amulets in the game.

A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
fireangel
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, September 03, 2003 at 14:20 (GMT -5)

i just think it's sorta weird to be able to know you had all the amulets in the game? i mean there's amulets of protection from +0 to +5 ,defence, willpower (of varying numbers)etcplus i just dont think its very likely to have found *all* the amulets and no life saving......i swear ive found new amulets even in level 50, and it turns out to be something like "amulet of gain attribute, ap +1" or something like that.......
Kurupt #2
Registered user

Last page view:

7103 days, 3 hours, 55 minutes and 14 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, September 03, 2003 at 14:36 (GMT -5)

If I remember correctly, all amulets of say, protection, are the same in appearance, regardless of the stat modifier, as is the same for all varieties of gain attribute (for each stat and each possible modifier) and all other amulets/rings/whatever with varying modifiers. So, there aren't actually that many different amulets as such, as Maelstrom said.

Let this account be a lesson to you all - Remember your password!
J.
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, September 06, 2003 at 05:32 (GMT -5)

That's correct. The modifier may vary for some items but the base item is the same and you will know which items you've found by checking the list. I think the default command is '/' or something.

Portrait
DaN
Registered user
Cursed and Doomed

Last page view:

6990 days, 4 hours, 26 minutes and 37 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, September 06, 2003 at 11:42 (GMT -5)

why is it my characters can't always remember what amulets look like? things like amulets of light, greed, balance. despite having identified them many times it still says gray amulet or whatever. similar problem with rings too. it's only ever a couple of items but i normally common ones
Solidsnake
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, September 06, 2003 at 13:03 (GMT -5)

It's quite possible that you get confused a lot (not sure if this has some effects like amnesia) or you keep reading scrolls of amnesia over and over and keep forgetting what they were. :-P
Portrait
DaN
Registered user
Cursed and Doomed

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, September 06, 2003 at 13:36 (GMT -5)

nah no scroll of amensia

it's not really a problem as long as i remember what each one is. it's a pain going through the id'd list everytime is find an unidentified amulet
Cletus
Registered user

Last page view:

7057 days, 51 minutes and 6 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2003 at 04:39 (GMT -5)

Did you use uncursed or cursed scrolls of id? Just tossing out some ideas here.
the biz
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2003 at 07:39 (GMT -5)

the reason that happens is because the amulet has a modifier (+2, +3, -2) and if its not exactly the same, it wont id. So if you keep picking up leather amulets and it keeps forgetting to id it, its because the + or - doesnt match up exactly
Portrait
DaN
Registered user
Cursed and Doomed

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, September 08, 2003 at 10:56 (GMT -5)

no they're always things lighht amulets of light which are all the same (i'm guessing), amulets of balance, order, that kind of thing.

i though that status of the scoll of id just altered how many items are id'd
Cletus
Registered user

Last page view:

7057 days, 51 minutes and 6 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2003 at 20:15 (GMT -5)

I'm not sure how to said this without it being confusing so I'll just copy from the Guide.

"Identifies one item if cursed, one class if uncursed, all worn/carried if blessed "

A blessed scroll will also tell you the b/u/c status of all your stuff. Uncursed scrolls won't.

The only thing I can think of that's causing this is your using cursed scrolls without realizing it. Otherwise I'm outta ideas. Hope that helps.
Portrait
DaN
Registered user
Cursed and Doomed

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, September 08, 2003 at 20:24 (GMT -5)

actually it was the same for that cris character that crimson king posted up. i kept fining un id'd amulets of light and the such with his character too

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: