Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / slaying - what does it do?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

chris06
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, October 07, 2003 at 05:50 (GMT -5)

How much extra damage does an item with humanoid slaying do to humanoids? Likewise, what about dragon slaying, construct slaying, and undead slaying?
Lavos
Registered user
Cardiovascular Endurance

Last page view:

7067 days, 23 hours, 31 minutes and 45 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, October 07, 2003 at 19:25 (GMT -5)

i dont know exactly how much, but it does a considerable amount.

(:
Egg King
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, October 08, 2003 at 00:13 (GMT -5)

This is only theory but I think it doubles damage and ingnores armour but there seem to be other factors.
Portrait
Thoth
Registered user
The Scribe

Last page view:

6164 days, 20 hours, 28 minutes and 37 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, October 09, 2003 at 15:52 (GMT -5)

I believe it simply increases the chance of an instant-kill, which is usually nil unless you are a high level Assassin. Don't quote me on this, but i think i'm right...

--<>||<>--
buttnuggettt
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, October 18, 2003 at 01:31 (GMT -5)

i think it does triple damage. i was using vanquisher with a barbarian to take on a vault of giants at lvl15. with the triple damage the barbarians do plus slaying i could kill them in two hits. one hit could do about 600 damage. i'm pretty sure it triples damage. maybe chances to score criticall too. probably does.
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5635 days, 21 hours, 26 minutes and 48 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, October 18, 2003 at 06:49 (GMT -5)

IMO, slaying weapons/ammo always score critical hits. At least the message you get is the same. It doesn't ignore PV.

But really, what difference does it make? They're powerful as hell, and that's good enough for me at least :)

If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 10/18/2003 at 06:50 (GMT -5) by J.]
mozzy
Registered user

Last page view:

7409 days, 1 hour, 10 minutes and 22 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, October 18, 2003 at 21:12 (GMT -5)

did i say giant? i meant titans....my mistake.. but yeah, slaying kicks ass so it doesn't matter much. my money is on triple damage though.
Egg king
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, October 24, 2003 at 05:10 (GMT -5)

Not that I guess it matters but I can hurt Diamond golems with slaying ammo when the arrows damage is no where near enough to damage it(even with double damage). So hence my theory of ignoring PV. Also explains why I can still do criticals with slaying ammo(I need to confirm this but I havnt played an archer lately for the increased chances)
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

4997 days, 5 hours, 29 minutes and 21 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, October 24, 2003 at 05:47 (GMT -5)

Diamond golems... I hate those. Ran into one in the DH and had to summon a Greater Earth Elemental with a scroll to get rid of it. Left the pet in the DH in case I need more help later :P

Did the arrows do huge damage to the golem? (ie: the same amount of damage it'd do to anything else) Or did it do large amounts, but still less than if it had hit another monster?

Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 10/25/2003 at 02:58 (GMT -5) by Taz]
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5635 days, 21 hours, 26 minutes and 48 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, October 24, 2003 at 11:53 (GMT -5)

I remember someone hitting the emperor moloch with a slaying weapon (not necessarily ammo) and not harming it. Probably something I read off rgra. Then again it my memory might be wrong.

Egg king: what do you mean you can do criticals when using slaying ammo? You always get the "full force" message don't you, so what do you get when you do a critical hit with a slayer?

Oh and Taz, there's an edit button.
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 10/24/2003 at 11:56 (GMT -5) by J.]
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

4997 days, 5 hours, 29 minutes and 21 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, October 25, 2003 at 02:55 (GMT -5)

I like seeing my own avatar :P
Yeah, sorry, forgot about it temporarily.

Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.
Egg king
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, October 26, 2003 at 04:45 (GMT -5)

I seem to remember using quite a lot more ammo than usual to kill it (at least 10 shots). So
yeah I think it was just doing normal type damage to it(The first time I found one of these things I hit it with every thing I could think of and couldnt even scratch it, ran about 5-6 levels and got trapped with it and died.Doesnt happen now as I always carry stupid amounts of slaying stuff just in case:)

Dam! I'm trying to remember the message but I think it was along the lines on "you exactly hit the diamond golem with full force" I was using arrows but not sure if its the same with melee stuff(I think your right about melee stuff J.)

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: