Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / too corrupted, I think

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

honza linek
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, October 09, 2003 at 01:55 (GMT -5)

This is not a real question, I just needed to share my disappointment... I īve been playing dwarven barbarian and I quite carefully tried to avoid all corruptions (chaos brothers, lizards, ch. plague bearers etc.). And yet on level 13(!) I noticed I had FIVE corruptions (including poisoning hands)... So I mean: wasnīt it somewhat early?
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5737 days, 9 hours, 12 minutes and 34 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, October 09, 2003 at 03:53 (GMT -5)

Were you by any chance carrying around the Black Tome of Alsophocus? That's the only reason I can think of that you'd have so much corruption so early and not know why. (You could have had a particularly tough fight with a corrupting monster, or exploded a potion of raw chaos, but I think you'd remember that.)
honza linek
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, October 09, 2003 at 04:47 (GMT -5)

ooooppppssss!
Yes, I were!! Already since some 9th level... Now I have realized that... I think I had read about it somewhere but I forgot it... thanks
BTW what to do with the book besides selling it?
honza linek
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, October 09, 2003 at 04:48 (GMT -5)

anyway, is that a reason to quit the game?
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

4997 days, 6 hours, 34 minutes and 7 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, October 09, 2003 at 06:58 (GMT -5)

i dont think so. if you can get potions of cure corruption soon enough (druid quest) then you should be able to continue playing.

if you're not save-scumming, chances that adom will let you finish the game are not very high, so you don't need to worry about dying from corruptions ;)

Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5635 days, 22 hours, 31 minutes and 34 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, October 10, 2003 at 18:03 (GMT -5)

I'd quit. I like to take my time and with a start like that I'd probably get turned into a WMoPC.

If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: