Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / precrowning

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

MaChO
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, July 05, 2001 at 05:53 (GMT -5)

How many times can you precrown yourself in adom g16 prerelease ? i read those hall of fame text and there were guy who said he got some artifact from first precrowning and some other from second... and he also said he got growned ...
if you can get pre growned twice how close you have to be ? it was number 4 in hll of fame winners... in the section where you can see what artifacts you got while adventuring...

[Edited at 05:57, Thursday, July 05, 2001 by its autor]
Akron
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, July 05, 2001 at 09:18 (GMT -5)

I've got my character precrowned three times and after that I received crowning. There are very simple instructions how you can get pre-crowned:

You have to be extremely close to your god.

Your experience level must be at least 8 and 3 more levels for every artifact that has been generated in the game. (So if there are three artifacts generated in the game your exp. level must be equal or higher than 17.

You must not have any of the following alignments: C- , N= , L+ (I hope you understood)

And how you can get pre-crowned three times at early game? If you find an altar on Puppy Cave 5 then it's possible. I prefer using lawfully aligned character because they can sacrifice neutral beigns (animals and stuff) and nobody ever sacrifices them while they stand on the altar. Of course this works for chaotics also but DON'T stand on the altar when chaotic beign sees you or you die...

Hopefully that helps a little and you can also get your heroes precrowned. Good luck!
Caladriel
Registered user

Last page view:

4690 days, 19 hours, 2 minutes and 20 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, July 05, 2001 at 12:48 (GMT -5)

Akron forgot the last step: After sacrificing enough so that you are extremely close to your deity, you have to prey on an altar.
MaChO
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, July 06, 2001 at 01:35 (GMT -5)

I know how to get pre-growned or growned . :) but what i didnt know was that you can get pre-growned 3 times...! so how closw you have to be ? because pregrowned its extremely... but you can only get once get extremely close... what i know... but again i'm not quite sure of it...
and after you get pre growned you have to be very close to get growning gift...and L+
is it right ? or is it changed in g16prerelease version ?
MaChO
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, July 06, 2001 at 02:33 (GMT -5)

sorry about those typos... but i dont like desktops keybord very much... they are all different...

[Edited at 02:33, Friday, July 06, 2001 by its autor]
Caladriel
Registered user

Last page view:

4690 days, 19 hours, 2 minutes and 20 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, July 06, 2001 at 09:15 (GMT -5)

You can get pre-crowned as often as you want, it simply gets more and more difficult to get "extremely close"
NaZgul
Registered user

Last page view:

7726 days, 3 hours, 5 minutes and 44 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, July 06, 2001 at 14:07 (GMT -5)

and formula for level: 8+3*number_arts_generated isn't correct. You can become crowned even if you have a level lower than needed according to it.
Akron
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, July 07, 2001 at 19:17 (GMT -5)

Actually the formula is correct but the level requirement applies only to pre-crowning and post-crowning. So normal crowning doesn't have the level requirement. But if you happen to become a fallen champion for any reason then the level requirement applies if you want to be crowned again. (I haven't tested this very much but I didn't get crowned again after I became a fallen champion even though I sacced hundreds of millions of gold)

I played something like this when I got precrowned three times and finally crowned:
My character was on exp.lev 15. I went to Puppy Cave and found an altar on PC5. Don't remember was it lawful already or did I convert it. After that I had to sacrifice huge amounts of creatures. My alignment was L and all three precrowning took place when I was extremely close. After that I raised my alignment to L+ and got crowned at very close. So you can be extremely close more than once.

And a good tip for everyone going for an ultra ending:
You mustn't be crowned too early because you need to change your alignment couple of times. And if you become a fallen champion you can kiss your ultra ending goodbye. However you don't reject the precrowning artifact gifts. After I was precrowned (different game than above) I changed my alignment from L to N= because I needed Detect Traps from the Master Thief. My god didn't say a word and I got to keep the artifact. Of course I lost all my piety but that is never a problem. Just sacrifice and sacrifice...
I hope I didn't make any mistakes because I don't want to read again what I just wrote.
MaChO
Registered user

Last page view:

8304 days, 5 hours, 3 minutes and 44 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, July 10, 2001 at 03:31 (GMT -5)

hmm.. i tried it and it works. but i was right in one thing you can only get once extremely close.
its like this: first precrowning must be extremely close, second very close, and if possible third very close and then if you want to get crowned, very close again. so second pre crownig is very easy to get because you have to sac only few monsters since you are already very close, but of course if you havent found any artifacts and you are level 11 cause you get artifact from precrowning. i just got emerald dagger from first and ring of immunity from second and then i got crowned and got scull crusher ! :)
Akron
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, July 12, 2001 at 11:52 (GMT -5)

I've played g16p2 and I got three times extremely close. Each time I got precrowned and actual crowning took place at very close. I don't know if this is possible(to get three times extremely close) but I've done it with at least three different characters. Maybe it's possible to get 2nd & 3rd precrowning at very close but if you keep saccing enough creatures, you eventually reach extremely close status.

And couple of confusing facts: If you haven't been precrowned then your crowning will usually happen at extremely close but if you have been precrowned before then it's likely that crowning will take place at very close. However I've noticed at least one exception. If you have been precrowned before, you can still be crowned at extremely close IF your exp. level is higher or equal to 8+ 3*(number of artifacts generated).
It didn't make any sense, did it?
MaChO
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, July 13, 2001 at 01:23 (GMT -5)

I dont understand how the **** can anyone get 3 times extremely close! i sacced and sacced but i only got very close. never ever got extremely close more than once. and i got my second precrowning gift in very close and got crowned in very close...and i sacced a *LOT* of money and monsters. i sitted in front of my monitor 2h trying to get extremely close but got bored and prayed and got precrownig gift...
NaZgul
Registered user

Last page view:

7726 days, 3 hours, 5 minutes and 44 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, July 13, 2001 at 04:18 (GMT -5)

maybe you were cursed/doomed.. Or generated more artefacts then it's needed for precrownings.
Akron
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2001 at 06:14 (GMT -5)

Maybe ADOM doesn't work exactly the same way every time. I though I knew everything about altars and tried to raise my alignment from C- to N= on a lawful altar. I sacced small amount of gold and suddenly lawful god summoned huge amounts of solar which sacrificed me immediately.

But anyway MaCHO, I can't find any kind of explanation on that precrowning thing. What version of ADOM do you play?
MaChO
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, July 25, 2001 at 07:13 (GMT -5)

I play adom g16prerelease2
How much gold did you sac at a time ?
the "magical" number of gold is 5 pieces a time..
you cant sac 4 pieces..but when you sac 5 pieces it only affects your aligment..
Dezertir
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, July 25, 2001 at 07:49 (GMT -5)

I play as Troll Paladin. It is known, trollish gods love stone sacrificing. But I cannot sac every stones I found. Some stones are accepted - and Ne'ftr is pleased. But He is not interesed in other stones. It does not depend from cursed/uncursed/blessed state of stones. What's a f#ck?
Stas
Registered user
The Dark Lord Melkor

Last page view:

7644 days, 20 hours, 45 minutes and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, July 26, 2001 at 04:32 (GMT -5)

10 gp is best...
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger"
Lord of The Rings

"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will anger the cat lord"

Locke
Registered user
Treasure hunter

Last page view:

7892 days, 8 hours, 6 minutes and 35 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, July 26, 2001 at 12:35 (GMT -5)

I've always used 5gp and have never needed to use 10gp. Why is 10gp better than 5?

Locke Cole
Portrait
Palagran
Registered user
Furry Hybrid

Last page view:

6355 days, 2 hours, 23 minutes and 21 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, July 26, 2001 at 22:55 (GMT -5)

I use 10gp too.
Locke
Registered user
Treasure hunter

Last page view:

7892 days, 8 hours, 6 minutes and 35 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, July 27, 2001 at 12:21 (GMT -5)

5gp is less than 10, and AFAIK, there's no difference between using 5 and 10.

[Edited at 12:23, Friday, July 27, 2001 by Locke]
Locke Cole
Akron
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, July 29, 2001 at 11:50 (GMT -5)

I always sac 5gps. The alignment switch doesn't work if you are 50 exp. level highly chaotic player. Or at least it doesn't always work the same way. Safer way is to whip yourself in order to raise your alignmnet but when your toughness is high enough whipping doesn't have any effect though. Maybe whip of slaughtering would be another case...

Here is another strange story that happened during one of my games: There was neutral altar on PC 5. I converted it(used about 3500gps) into chaotic one because I was chaotic at that moment.
Later when my alignment was L, I thought now I'd need that precrowning. I went to convert the altar and sacced 4000gps but the altar converted me instead and my alignment dropped to NL. So I strongly believe that there are some actions that effect on the way altars work. Maybe because I had converted the altar before it couldn't be converted anymore.

Dezertir: Because stones are worthless items, gods rarely accept them even if they favor them greatly. Low level trolls have better change to get their stones accepted but in general better items should be used. Still you can try to cause Earthquake in some levels and you get lot of stones.
Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

7770 days, 22 hours, 42 minutes and 59 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, August 13, 2001 at 16:28 (GMT -5)

Well if the formula is right does your precrowning artifact count??

THE MESSIAH,I'm here now,Worship me.
Stas
Registered user
The Dark Lord Melkor

Last page view:

7644 days, 20 hours, 45 minutes and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, August 14, 2001 at 05:03 (GMT -5)

yes... of course :)
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger"
Lord of The Rings

"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will anger the cat lord"

Prickle Pear
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, November 02, 2002 at 16:49 (GMT -5)

I try it...

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: